iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building a yardvac

Started by bd354, March 11, 2010, 11:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bd354

I decided I needed a way to pick up the pine straw and leaves on my little four acres of heaven. Since my sons got big enough to chase girls I'm left without much help. I had some stuff in inventory so I only had to buy two bearings so far. This is made from scrap stuff I had laying around. Started by cutting a keyway in the old lathe. One day I'll have a milling machine.

The wheel is made from 3/8 and 1/4 in. plate.

thecfarm

Looks like a good start.What's are you using for a motor,hopper? I see some trucks at people houses with a BIG hose to pick up leaves.The few times I've seen it the truck is in the driveway and the leaves are at the edge of the drive and get sucked up into the truck.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Raider Bill

How did you cut that keyway with the lathe?
I see the pix but can't seem to figure it out.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

Raider , I think he is doing it manualy , advance a few thousanths and going back and forth with out turning the motor on . He probably has the anty vibe on there tight enough to keep it from turning .   I could be wrong , but thats what I think  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

bd354

isawlogs, you are right, I put the old lathe in back gear to keep the spindle from turning and manually cut the keyway with the carriage. Took three tries to grind the toolbit correctly but it cut fairly easy.

cfarm I'll use a 13hp honda clone.

bd354

cfarm the blower and motor will be mounted on a trailer and connected to a mower deck.

Thank You Sponsors!