iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 288 xp adjustment help please

Started by staggerweed, March 08, 2010, 11:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

staggerweed

This is an older model 288 xp.  Have to pour gas in the carb to get it running, and then it will only run at 1/2 throttle and above - dies when it gets below 1/2 throttle.  I think I need to adjust the high/low screws, but the writing isn't there any longer so I have no idea how far "out" to adjust them.  Hope someone here can help me.  I would like to get it running.

Also, does anyone know what the metal rod piece (has a u-shape in it) that closes the carb when the choke is pushed in is technically called?  Have been looking for one on the internet, but can't find one since I don't know what it's called.  It's for a Stihl 036.

Thanks guys!

Rocky_J

Sounds like the Husky is due for a carb kit. The diaphragm is probably stiff and not allowing the carb to pump enough fuel. If you can remove the carb and clean it up so you can get the numbers off the side, it will help in getting the right kit. There's a couple guys here who may be able to give you the correct kit number (Where are you, Al?) or you can ask your dealer. If you don't have a local dealer handy, Bailey's can get you what you need. The link is over on the left side of the page.

Once you rebuild the carb with fresh gaskets and diaphragm, the tuning page is at http://www.madsens1.com/saw%20carb%20tune.htm .

Rocky_J

On the 036, are you talking about the butterfly in the carb throat? Or the control switch (called a throttle shaft)?

staggerweed

I need the piece on the lower left....not sure what it is called.  May have to try making one if I can't buy just the one piece. 

Rocky_J

For the Stihl part, your best bet is either a Stihl dealer or else finding a used one off a dead saw. You might try Chainsawr to see if he can hook you up, the link is there on the left side of the page.

staggerweed

Thanks.  I emailed Chainsawr, so maybe he help locate one.  If not, I may post a topic on here looking for one, but I have no idea what it's called, so that may be hard. Thanks again.

Rocky_J

sablatnic

Choke actuator, maybe. That's what it does.

chainsawr

www.chainsawr.com

Over 50,000 parts in stock.

Selling excellent Dolmar chainsaws and power equipment.

High volume Oregon bar and chain dealer.

sablatnic

Stihl Parts number is 1125 185 2002. Hope this will help. It will probably cost something like 3 - 4$.

staggerweed

Thanks a million for the part number, and you are right, it's $3.90 at our local dealer.  Only problem is, being a small town, he only orders from Stihl every 2 weeks and placed an order yesterday, so I am forced to wait just a while longer. 

des170stihl

Quote from: staggerweed on March 10, 2010, 12:54:29 PM
Thanks a million for the part number, and you are right, it's $3.90 at our local dealer.  Only problem is, being a small town, he only orders from Stihl every 2 weeks and placed an order yesterday, so I am forced to wait just a while longer. 
I,d find another Stihl dealer ,
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

Thank You Sponsors!