iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weird stuff

Started by pappy, October 13, 2003, 01:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pappy

I thought we could use a thread for the weird stuff we do at times   ;D ;D

it might have had sumptin ta do with da full moon I ain't sure  ??? ???

we had a pine borer worm race at the mill today  :P :P

I gotta go cause I see men in white coats comin' this way.
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

RavioliKid

That is weird!

You'd better run... :D
RavioliKid

breederman

I did see um headed nort 8)
Together we got this !

Texas Ranger

I'm pulling for the worm on the right, anybody else as board as me?  Dead in Texas, rain shut us down, phone hasn't rung in a couple of weeks.  Generally a pain in the posterior.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Tom

Did you rub some SYP on the paper to give one of them some incentive?

Rains fouling us up too Don.

SasquatchMan

That Canadian worm is about to make a dash!  He's been pacing himself for the final sprint.

That's almost as bad as racing grapes in the microwave on rainy days.  (I guess carpenters have a lack of living creatures to play with).
Senior Member?  That's funny.

shopteacher

Never have seen what those pine borers turn into. Anybody know?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Jeff

Ya wanta here about the game I invented yesterday while Tammy and I and Stacy were traveling? Stacy was driving. I had to stop playing because Stacy started Laughing to hard and the car beside us that happened to be watching from behind almost run off the road as they were laughing at me as they passed.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Paul_H

Yes, we're waiting. 8)

The worm on the right looks like he might be on ster,never mind.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tom

Shop teacher, down here they turn into a Southern Sawyer Beetle.  A grey, mottled beetle of 1-2 inch length and lon-n-ng antennae that curl back over their body.

shopteacher

Thanks Tom. I'll know what to look for next time I'm out sawing. ???
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tobacco Plug

Well, which one won? ;) :)
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Jeff

O.K. Get the kids, yer goona want to try this. ;D

You need to have a hat on and you need an almost full roll of black electrical tape and most importantly a clean dry nose.  :)

Pull off about 6 to 8 inches of tape from the roll. Stick the end of the tape at the top of your nose from the top down, to the tip. Make sure the tape is securely pressed to the nose. (If yer nose is oily the game wont last long)  

Now, you should be sitting there looking foolish with a roll of tape suspended from your nose. The object of the game is to swing the roll up and catch it on the bill of your hat. Man, its fun! ;D ;D

Tom

Shop Teacher,  click this

http://fhpr8.srs.fs.fed.us/idotis/insects/sopnsawy.html

Jeff, we used to play games kinda like that with a curtain hoop and a stick.  Make it really hard and stick a pencil behind your ear and try to ring the pencil. :D :D

Paul_H

You're a good sawyer and you can build real nice websites.
I don't care what anyone says Jeff.You're OK. ;D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Sawyerfortyish

I don't care what they say about you either Jeff  ::) your OK
As for the worm race my money is on old glory on the right the other two look a little under the weather

Jeff

Has anybody bothered to stop an actually watch dem borers race a few seconds?  I did. ;D

L. Wakefield

No I'm off in left field with the microwave. Get some of those marshmallow peeps at Easter. Put one in the microwave. Turn it on and watch what happens. My friend who told me about it called them darth vader peeps because of the strange noise they make as they deflate after this noxious treatment (they taste great this way too).  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

ARKANSAWYER

That race would not last long at my mill as my hounds would eat them grubs like they was candy.   They will turn into this bug and make more for you to race if you will leave a log out there for them.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

pappy

OK Jeff what ya feeding me worm, dem officials is gonna disqualify the USA entry   ;D

This is just part of the article but it does sound like an alien invasions  :o :o

Son of Long-Horned Beetles

"The genus itself belongs to a family of 30,000 species of wood-boring, long-horned beetles worldwide, Lingafelter explains. A mere 2,000 species live in the United States.

Eastern-U.S. beetle watchers should be able to distinguish between the natives and the shiny, jet-black invader with its distinctive white spots, he says. In the western United States, a few similar-looking natives confuse identification.

The effort to figure out what U.S. trees the invader threatens is moving along, reports Vic Mastro of APHIS' Otis (Mass.) Methods Development Center. Maples, especially the Norway and sugar maples, "are like ice cream to them," he reports. Only Japanese maples, with their extraordinarily hard wood, seem less desirable.

Here's the rest of the article > http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc99/6_12_99/bob2.htm

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Thank You Sponsors!