iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractor/loader or forwarder?

Started by True North, March 09, 2010, 01:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

True North

I had intentions of getting a loader/tractor with forks, but have wondered recently if a small forwarder would be the way to go next. I have had chances to do business if I would have had the forwarder, but could not do it.  We also have property that we could cut ourselves with the forwarder......what do you think???

chevytaHOE5674

Not sure what kind of scale you will be working on but another option would be tractor/loader and then a forwarder trailer for behind the tractor. Then you have a forwarder of sorts (trailer with a grapple loader), that you can move with just a pickup truck and trailer. You also have a full functioning tractor that you can do just about anything with from mowing, moving snow, plowing a field, moving dirt, etc.

Where abouts in da UP are you located?

True North

We are in the Eastern UP in Pickford.  I forgot to mention that we have a bandmill in the previous post.

Puffergas

Good question. I have a tractor/loader/winch and it's is not ideal. I also have an army 6x6 with log loader and it isn't ideal. What I mean is one machine doesn't do the job in an ideal way.

opps, out of time gotta run,

Jeff
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

bandmiller2

TN,a forwarder is a pretty specialized piece of equipment, and expensive you don't want it sitting around.A good tractor/loader with say a Farmi winch would have many uses.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Puffergas

We really need to know if you plan on working the machine at the mill yard or in the woods????

Jeff
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

woodmills1

get a forester package from Payeur

payeur.com

you get a tractor set up for the woods and a forwarding trailer
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Thank You Sponsors!