iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 666 ?

Started by rick f, March 08, 2010, 04:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick f

Can someone please tell me what this is on the blade?  I'm thinking that it's for limbing but I don't know.
http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-heavy-equipment-heavy-equipment-skidder-W0QQAdIdZ187418348
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

chevytaHOE5674

IIRC it is a delimber.

poor farmer/logger

Also for grouping trees I beleive. Help to pull them out of tight spots and put em where you want em.

Ryan

shinnlinger

THat seems like a nice machine for the price.  Is it???
Shinnlinger
Woodshop teacher, pasture raised chicken farmer
34 horse kubota L-2850, Turner Band Mill, '84 F-600,
living in self-built/milled timberframe home

rick f

I would think it was but I'm not from up there.  If you look around on that site and change locations there are alot of good buys I would say.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

poor farmer/logger

Not so sure on that side of the country but around here they're not that popular any more as everyone else has gone bigger. Course most of them have either gone broke or closed up shop so it didn't help much though ironically.

I'd say he's in the ball park for it. Could've had a rebuilt 664C that was in near perfect shape for 8500 cdn a couple of years back. Rough ones sell for around 5,000 now.

Ryan

treefarmer87

good lookin skidder id like to have the blade, never known anyone with a clark
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Maine372

how would you delimb a tree with that?

MaineLogger

I believe its called a "retriever"for pulling out stray trees.
They seem bulky and in the way to me, guys that have them seem to like them.
380 Timberjack (cable)
230E Timberjack (cable)
648G Grapple
Husky 372's

chevytaHOE5674

Quote from: Maine372 on March 08, 2010, 09:42:42 PM
how would you delimb a tree with that?

The one guy I know with one grabs the trees somewhat tightly and then drives forward pushing the butt of the log into the pile. The limbs go bye bye as you drive. Works good in softwoods, not soo good in hardwoods.

captain_crunch

Never seen one before but by looking at how strongly built it is I would say delimber. would not have to be that heavy duty to drag log
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

bushmechanic

I'm pretty sure it's a recuperator and it is used to pick up lost trees when skidding with cable machines.If a tree came out of the choker when hauling you can pick it up and go on with it without dropping the load and re-chokeing the tree again on another turn.

loghauler

I have heard them called accumulators form the guys up around colebrook. I know a guy that has one on the blade of his c6 treefamer. I guess they more popular up in Canada, not sure how handy they are, but those frogs sure move alot of timber. I have seen any on newer machines. There are a couple of people in D.C. i would like to grab with one of those and take for a ride out threw the puckers, but thats a subject for a different forum. ;D

thecfarm

I went to an expo at Bangor,ME and saw one on a skidder. I asked the guy there and he said a delimber.Had seen them back 10 years ago,but have not seen them recently.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

plasticweld

I ran a Clark 666 for years and loved the machine, one of the easiest to run and a very dependable machine, most of the parts were standards that I could get at Napa or any parts store. I had the v6 cummins in mine and it had lots of power. If it were not so far I would really be tempted to go get that machine

Jamie_C

Quote from: bushmechanic on March 09, 2010, 05:17:13 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a recuperator and it is used to pick up lost trees when skidding with cable machines.If a tree came out of the choker when hauling you can pick it up and go on with it without dropping the load and re-chokeing the tree again on another turn.

A buddy of mine used to run a skidder with one of those contraptions on the blade and it was used for picking up "drops", i guess it worked really well and saved a ton of time. He seemed to really like it.

bill m

Quote from: Jamie_C on March 10, 2010, 08:00:34 PM
Quote from: bushmechanic on March 09, 2010, 05:17:13 PM

A buddy of mine used to run a skidder with one of those contraptions on the blade and it was used for picking up "drops", i guess it worked really well and saved a ton of time. He seemed to really like it.
I'm not sure how you could do that unless you picked it up on your next turn out. Backing up with a hitch on to pick up a dropped log doesn't work very well. It also seems like the log would get in the way while trying to go around corners.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!