iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 50v

Started by AtLast, October 12, 2003, 07:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtLast

My neighbor gave me a John Deere 50v that he had laying around in his garage. They are moving and he hasnt used in in a long time so he brought it over and gave it to me. He told me that the fuel line was " bad". So I took this thing apart and found that the fuel line that ran from the tank to the crab was actually broken. I replaced the line and cleaned everything up. Its in REAL nice shape EXCEPT I can get it to run. If I supply fuel to the crb using a seringe directly onto the carb it runs GREAT. Trouble is I cant get fuel from the tank to the crab. Ive primed the line checked everything I can think of but still not running. Do any of you have any idea or suggestions on how I can get this perfectly good saw to be a running perfectly good saw?

Kevin

If the tank vent is open, the fuel is free to flow  through the filter through the line and isn't being pumped into the carb it is probably in need of a cleaning and a rebuild with a carb kit.

chet

If the 50v is like the 90v, follow the fuel line to where it enters the fuel tank. you will see a small clip and a single machine screw. Remove these and you will be able to withdraw the fuel line and fuel filter from the tank. If the fuel line was broken outside the tank it may also be broken or cracked inside also.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Gus

As Chet said, It is probably the fuel line in the tank or the filter in the tank.
FYI, that saw is actually an Echo with green clothes on. ;)

Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

AtLast

Tyhanks fellers.....well the line IN the tank is fine and from the tank to the crab is fine...so I guess it has to be either the filter in the tank or the rebuilding of the carb..or both...SDsaw...this particular John Deere 50v is actually yellow....I knew it was the same as the Echo by the Kioritz Q500F....seems to be a GREAT saw....almost reminicent of an older Mac...thanks again for the replies...

Kevin

Do you know what carb you have?

chet

Simply blow through the filter, and you will know right away if that is the problem.
Otherwise it's time to tear into the carb.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Kevin

I thought a  Upe'r would have said ...fill up the tank and suck on the plastic tube at the carb.  :-/

AtLast

Its the carb with a T not the carb with the W

Kevin

That would be the HU Tillotson carb.
There should be an idle screw in the top cover.
The fuel pump is near the top.
You take the top off and there's a gasket and the fuel pump diaphragm is just under that.

AtLast

Well I ended up NOT being able to get a rebuild kit...discontinued....but they cross refferenced and found a replacement carb....while I waited for it to come in I totally cleaned, adjusted etc....once the carb was here I put it on, filled the tanks.....primed the carb 1 time and YESSSSSSSSS runs like a champ...VERY strong saw.....thanks for the input ...appreciate it all.....SUCCESS!!!!!  me a real nice saw for the price of a carb!!!!!!!  8)  8)  8)

Kevin

I'm glad to see you got it going but if that is the HU carb, there are parts available...
http://www.mfgsupply.com/ChainsawCarbTill.html/mv_session_id=SY2ySmXp

Gus

AtLast,
"Nothing runs like a Deere" eh? 8)
Gus

AtLast

yup Kevin...:)....was a tillitson  but not ne more.....they had to cross reference but found replacements and now it runs fantastic...real strong saw....I use it for flushing nubs on logs b4 I load um onto the mill....it sat in this guys garage for YEARS!!!....but brought her back to life...like I say its NOT green...its YELLOW......cant figure that 1 out yet...but oh well...I got me a great saw for the price of a carb!!!!! 8)

AtLast

price of a carb....duwap.....price of a carb.... duwapprice of a carb....duwap.....SOMEONE BUMP ME IM STUCK!!!!.......lol....sorry bout the repeat post...guess I was so excited I got it going I sorta had ta tell yall bout it a- gin  ::)

Kevin

It's good when things go right for a change.

Gus

Ditto Kevin,
Way to go AtLast

Thank You Sponsors!