iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Know your States?

Started by Magicman, March 03, 2010, 03:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This is a fun test.  Those in the middle can be tricky without other boundarys.  It's different each time.

http://jimspages.com/States.htm
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ErikC

Score 82%, av error 49 miles, time 441 seconds. 
Unfortunately one I missed was Hawaii ::) let go a little to soon and was to far out of bounds.
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Tom

scgargoyle

I did pretty good, except for trying to dump Califunny off in the middle of the ocean..... I thought you were supposed to put them where you'd like them, rather than where they are now.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

pigman

I missed Kentucky by over 100 miles. ::) I always knew that I was lost and didn't know where I lived. In my defense it was one of the early states to come up and I didn't have anything to go by. Like scgargoyle, I kind of missed Kalafornia a little to the left. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paul_H

I got 78% with average error of 62 miles 512 seconds. ???
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

metalspinner

94% in 298 seconds.  Those itty bitty counties...err, I mean states of Deleware and Connecticut messed me up.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Texas Ranger

Yeah, those iddy biddy states of Tennessee and Kentucky messed me up.  Along with all them county sides states up by New York City.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

submarinesailor

94%, 12 miles and 379 seconds.  And my wife says that I can't do anything right. ;D ::) ;D ::) ;D ::)

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

bull

had trouble with the clicker on 4 states, and must have had bad grades in geography
76%  116mile error average 471 sec

footer

88% AV ERROR 40 MILES TIME 463... Would have been better, but had a brain fart on one.

taschmidretired

74%  54mi  851sec
That was fun
"Until I had turned Thirty Five, the longest I had ever stayed in one place was my Mother's womb."

"Beware of the man that shoots his arrow first, and then paints a bulls eye around it after."

4genlgr

isawlogs

84%   44 miles  399 sec
Frenchy aint to bad  :D 8) :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

Now if it were Canuckistan we were doin' I wouldn't have a problem but.... US of A I ain't got much of a hope in h*!!....... I blame it all on my teflon mind.  ;)  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Roxie

92% 14 miles ... that was fun!
Say when

footer

Second try, 48 out of 50 perfect, Average error 2 miles 96% 420 seconds... 8)

Cedarman

First try 94%  5 miles  455 seconds
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Rockn H

On my third try I got 98% with 2 miles error in 209 sec.  and I quit while I was ahead.  :D

mdvaden

Sure gets easier as the map fills, or states near the edges are next.

84% ~ 42 miles ~ 486 seconds

ladylake

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2010, 04:58:44 PM
I found Florida.  8)

And how long did that take?   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Planman1954

84 percent 28 miles. I did it on a little bitty micro screen...couldn't hardly see where all the New England states went...No excuses though ...
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

Sprucegum

8) I amazed myself - 78% at 106 miles

I don't know much about the Eastern seaboard  :-[

chevytaHOE5674

98%, 1 mile avg error, 196 seconds.

Planman1954

Aw come on chevy....that's too good. I'll bet you teach geography!! I need you to  be my navigator on my next trip.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

chevytaHOE5674

Sometimes on the longggg winter nights UP here I get bored and look at map after map. hahaha :D ;D

sawguy21

Quote from: Tom on March 03, 2010, 04:58:44 PM
I found Florida.  8)
So did I.  ;D Scored 72% with average error of 51 miles. Kinda missed with NH, sorry Joan, and Colorado. Stuck it where Wyoming should have been.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Two-Lady-Sawyers

first try 92% 15 miles 404, Second try 98% 1 mile (frickin RI) 237 sec I done now  ;D 8)
Politically incorrect (LH feed) Foley-Belsaw M14 W/mods, Ford Ranger 4cyl 4sp power plant, Oliver Super 88RC, 93 Ford F150 4x4, Echo CS530, Echo CS306, Half finished log arch

Chuck White

After about a dozen tries, the best I got was 96%, 5 mile error and 392 seconds.

First one was 92%, 25 mile error and 415 seconds.

Fun game.  :)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

evergreen

evergreen

bama20a

:'( :'(Where's Texas??? :P
It is better to ask forgiveness than permission

isawlogs

Texas ,,, thats a state ???  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

IMERC

92%, 19 miles. 349 seconds....
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

Samuel

82% Ave 60 miles  323 seconds...not bad for a Canadian eh?
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Samuel

Here is the Canadian version...took about 20 second to get 100%

http://www.lizardpoint.com/fun/geoquiz/canquiz.html
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Sprucegum

I am 100% Canadian - that red circle around PEI really helps  :D  :D

Bill

first try
92%  9mi and about 400-500 seconds ( my fingers be cold and don't move to good today ;-)   
wood stove must need fillin . . .

Banjo picker

That was neat...but like in most things I cheated...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Hilltop366

86%   25 mi error    391sec  not bad for a bluenoser (not the same as a brown noser for those who don't know)

oh and Tim it's not cheating it's called resourcefulness ;D

Bill Johnson

76% 60 mile error 366 sec

Canadian version
100% 20 second
Bill

mcfcfan

Great fun, enjoyed that.  :) :)

78% 94 miles 552 seconds, not to bad i think for a Kiwi from down under 8) 8) 8)
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

ladylake

At last  100%   0 miles  394 seconds.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bl73

took along time but got 100% in 360 seconds

bill m

94 %      8 miles      667 seconds   I know - I'm slow
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!