iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Trying to find a price for this tree farmer C5D with grapple

Started by sparker133, March 03, 2010, 02:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparker133

Hi guys I am new to this site. My dad was a logger and owned his own company for many years. Last September he passed away from crones diseases. My parents own about 200 acres and an outdoor wood furnace. My dad sold much of his logging equipment when he could not work in the woods anymore. But he held on to his C5D tree farmer skidder. It is in great shape it could use tires about 15 years ago he added a grapple to the back of it. My mom would like to sell it because I am the only one who can run the skidder and she thinks we really don't need it. Every winter it was stored indoors in a heated garage and for the last ten years my dad maybe used it a dozen times or so a year. I am hoping someone can help my find a price or what it might be worth to sell it. I don't have any pictures at this time my mom lives 125miles away so I only get up there once a month or so. What I know it is a Tree farmer C5D, dutez diesel engine, winch, grapple, one set of regular tire chains and one set of bear claws, and the hour meter reads 1024. I don't know the year or have any paper work. Can anybody help me out that would be great?

treefarmer87

hey welcome to the forum, im sorry for your loss, lost my dad in 04'. there is a c5 @ richards machinery.com, grapple, chains, and the big winch sitting out for $11000 if i were you i would not take no less than $17,000 for yours since it has been stored in a garage heres a nice cable machine with 9,000 hrs on it http://www.machinerytrader.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=7118092
hope this helps
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

CX3

I would imagine that 14-17K should buy that skidder about anywhere in the country. 

Good Luck
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Thank You Sponsors!