iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Worth hauling home?

Started by ARKANSAWYER, October 10, 2003, 08:36:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I was coming home this afternoon because I got rained out.   I noticed this log laying in the ditch and seems to have been there several years.   It took Wanda a few tries to get it up on top but we brought it home any way.   It is cherry and the sap wood is gone.   Just wondering if it was worth the time. ???
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Paul_H

You've already cut it up,haven't you :D Where are the pics?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

Thats what I was thinking. Lets see um
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ARKANSAWYER

I did cut one bump off in the rain.
ARKANSAWYER

ARKANSAWYER

Paul_H

That's wild! There are all kinds of images in there,like a painting.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Percy

Wow.
Thats cool...What kinda camera you have Ark? My pics look like an old newspaper compared to yours.....course, bein the skinflint that I am I only paid 60 bucks for my Radioshack wonder.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Frank_Pender

Now in my case,out here, I would have never cut the log.  I would have pressured whased al of the remianing loose material,likt he sap wood and marketed the log for  sasairway or such in a log home or a post and beam home.  With that I would have had very little time in processing the log and made far more dollars fpr the time involved. ;D
Frank Pender

EZ

Is that a Baker mill behind your WM.  :o
EZ

ARKANSAWYER

EZ  
  Lighting is about to strike you boy.  That is the bed off of my truck.

I got a Sony dig camera and it does pretty good.   I send lots of pictures.

I think this log will be worth more by the pound then as a post since it is cherry.   I saw alot of post like this when I was up in Alaska that were spruce.   Pretty common up there near Fort Greely.
   May have to do a bit of e-bay on some of these bumps.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

EZ

I new that, I was just being silly. Sorry about that, Arkansawyer. I love it when people call me boy, it makes me fill so young. ;D
EZ

DextorDee

I see a Mountain Lion on a boulder in that picture 8)
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

OneWithWood

or mebbee a mountain lion on a buffaloes' back
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

DextorDee

Yea, I see that, guess we're the only ones that noticed :o
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Jeff

I see a little boy kneeling to pray with E.T. standing next to him.

Tom

I see the sun coming up over a mountain in Florida with multitudes of catfish fed worshipers singing Dixie while ballot examiners look through microscopes at pregnant chads and out-of-state Governors remove historical flags from the capitol grounds.  There's stacks of books written in Spanish and Ebonics weighting the Southern end of the state and lines of natives climbing over one another to reach the Georgia Border against a head-wind of throngs of Northerners who are attempting to escape their Maelstrom.  It looks like it is cool and will be partly cloudy with scattered showers. ;D

Bibbyman

If there hadn't been so many knots and lumps,  it'd made good far-wud. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Jeff

dail_h

Even I saw the cat,just ain't sure what he's on
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

ARKANSAWYER

DanG it Tom all I saw was a face with the mouth open wide in the middle.   But on second glance I see it is a Native screaming "Go Home and leave us alone" against the outsiders.   Naw! it is just a map of the universe and the same ole galaxies in it.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

music_boy

Being new to the forum, no one has shared the type of beverages you all drink, nor how to make it ! So, all I see is a pretty cherry bump, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, that would make a beautiful peg-head cover for a geetar.
It's not how much YOU love, it is how much you ARE loved that matters. (Wizard of OZ)

DanG

When I first seen it, I thought Arkey was showing off his latest Colonoscopy pix. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DextorDee

I see the boy I think hes a eatin a bowl of grits.
hmm, now I see a biskit with redeye gravy onit.
im goin to lunch :P
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

Norm

Why is it the only thing I find in a ditch is empty beer cans.

We have been working on clearing some land along a small creek. I've been pulling the stuff that has fallen in and piling it to burn. When I pulled this one up it still had a little bark left on and I noticed it was cherry. Hauled it up to the house and will cut it next week. I would have done it today but the lady bugs are so bad you can't stand to be outside after it warms up.

iain

What you done with this log Arky?
got any more pics?

iain

doublecut

:D :D :D :D
To funny
doublecut

Thank You Sponsors!