iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

resaw

Started by red oaks lumber, March 03, 2010, 05:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

red oaks lumber

does anyone run the wm resaw attatchment with their mill. looking for any feed back pro and con.
thankyou
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Cedarman

We use it when ever we make beveled siding.  We shim the inside up the proper amount to make the right thickness.  Feed those puppies in end to end and make to pieces for each pass.  About 8 per minute.  Have used it for 20 years or so. We use our regular WM resaw for cants and slabs.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

red oaks lumber

cedarman,
your running 8 thick pieces per min.? so i'm looking at resawing  planed 2x6's doug fir, you think it will do a good job? does it flatten any crown out  so the wood stays the same thickness
thanks
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Cedarman

Cedar lays flat so don't have any crown to worry about.  We run 4 planks per minute, could run 5 and when sliced make 8 and 10 boards repectively.  If you have crown on one side, you would have cup on the other.  There is not enough pressure to take the cup out.  You could over saw the boards and after drying run through the resaw and skim the top to make flat and then turn over to skim the other side making each board a uniform thickness. Drying to keep the cup and crown out would be the ideal.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Thank You Sponsors!