iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Made the sawdust fly today!!!!!!!

Started by bikedude73, February 27, 2010, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikedude73

Today was the day!!!!!  I got the mill off the trailer and set it up and made sawdust woo hoo!!!!!  Pics to come soon..... 8) 8) 8) 8)

Magicman

Who said this on September 14, 2009, 07:07:07 PM?

"I am doing a lot of research into getting into this business any ideas?  ??? ?"

Congratulations bikedude73..... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

John_Haylow

Congratulations. Looking forward to the pictures.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Don K

Sawdust at last!  8) 8) You are in for it now. A ailment has set in for which there is no medicine for except logs and the forum.  :D :D ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

bandmiller2

Good news Dude,learning to be a sawyer is like learning to ride a bicycle you just have to do it and take some spills along the way.The dangerous time is when you get cocky before you get experianced that when you prune metal mill parts.Enjoy the ride and share it with us.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Chuck White

Congratulations BD73, you finally got to make some sawdust with the new mill.  8)

I know if it gets much nicer around here, I'll be getting my mill out of the garage.  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Qweaver

Quote from: bandmiller2 on February 28, 2010, 07:19:30 AM
Good news Dude,learning to be a sawyer is like learning to ride a bicycle you just have to do it and take some spills along the way.The dangerous time is when you get cocky before you get experianced that when you prune metal mill parts.Enjoy the ride and share it with us.Frank C.

I hit the standards within the first few days after first starting to saw.  There is really no excuse for this...the danger area is clearly marked.  But I'll bet we have all done it.  I haven't hit anything in a long time...but I know I will.
:D
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

fishpharmer

BD73,   8) 8) 8)  That's super news.  I can't wait to see the pics.  I was drooling at WoodMizer's yesterday in Perkinston, MS.   8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

southpaw

Way to go!  8) 8) I know your hooked   ;) be safe.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Wtg Skyler. I will be going to Indy in 3 weeks to pick up my new LT-10. Can not wait to get it. Post some pics when you have them.

Fred
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

OneWithWood

Excellent!  I know you are stoked  8)

Thought about you this weekend when I put the big logs on the mill.  I spent a lot of time trimming the big red maple to fit only to discover it was hollow in the middle.  Yielded less than a 100 bf   ::)

Have fun and stay safe  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

brdmkr

GREAT!  It gets in your blood.  I have not milled in over 6 months.  I just serviced the mill and have it ready for the next open day.  Won't be this weekend though.  I am building a deck 8)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Thank You Sponsors!