iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

SANTA CAME EARLY LT28G25

Started by windy hill farm, February 27, 2010, 08:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windy hill farm

Ordered my saw at the Farm show in Syracuse. WM LT28G25 with the LDP. Will probably pick it up in April. Kevin
New Holland TN-60DA, Farmi Winch 501,Rhino 9.5ft 3pt backhoe,Sthil 440,361,270, 170 and O26 and several trailers.

Magicman

Way to go !!!  Wonder what kind of sugarplums will dance in your head for the next month ??  Wonder if they make sawdust sugarplums?    8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

windy hill farm

Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, but I will hang in there and when the snow is finally gone Ill get out and cut some trees. thanks Kevin
New Holland TN-60DA, Farmi Winch 501,Rhino 9.5ft 3pt backhoe,Sthil 440,361,270, 170 and O26 and several trailers.

John_Haylow

Congratulations on your new purchase Kevin. Welcome to the the forum.
John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

windy hill farm

Thanks John, I really like reading the forum questions I have picked up a few pointers already once I set up my mill Iam sure ill have a lot of quetions for you guys. Kevin

WDH

Windy Hill, I have the LT15 with 15 hsp engine.  It cuts great.  However, that LT28 with the 25 hsp engine may be one of the very best manuals mills you could buy taking into consideration all the features.  Keep us posted.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don K

Hello Kevin. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the LT 28. I guess you will stare at the calendar for a while. :-\ You will enjoy the mill.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

sdunston

Quote from: windy hill farm on February 27, 2010, 08:51:41 PM
Ordered my saw at the Farm show in Syracuse. WM LT28G25 with the LDP. Will probably pick it up in April. Kevin
Congrats on the mill, Soon there will be sawdust flying instead of this snow. How was the ride too the farm show, We went on thursday and it was a little crapy on the way home.
Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

Chuck White

Hi Windy Hill Farm and congratulations on the new mill.

Hey, we're neighbors, give or take 60 miles!   ;D

I know it won't be much longer before my mill gets pulled out of the garage!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

windy hill farm

Thanks Chuck, I didnt know where Russell N.Y. was until the guys I went to the show with told me.I have been living up in Ellenburg for the last 5 years, so Iam still learning the area.I dont know how the weather is in your neck of  the woods but we got about 2 feet of heavy wet snow in the last week. Kevin

Chuck White

Actually, we're starting to get a lot of bare ground around here!

But........ we still have about 2 months yet to deal with!

I went to the garage today and did an alignment check on my mill, couple of minor adjustments and done!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

WDH

I sawed on my LT15 this weekend.  Weather was very nice.  I sawed 8/4 red oak, so now my butt log is dragging  :).  I am getting too old for 8/4 red oak  ::).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

You're too young for..... smiley_old_guy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

8/4 red oak 12" wide and 10 feet long can age a feller by his lonesome  :).

backwoods sawyer

Quote from: WDH on March 01, 2010, 12:07:52 AM
8/4 red oak 12" wide and 10 feet long can age a feller by his lonesome  :).
That it can...
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

thecfarm

A nice new saw on the way.What will you be building?I see you have your own trees to cut.Know how to post pictures yet?Better get that task out of the way before you get your new mill.We want to see it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bandmiller2

First project should be a nice roof over that little sweetheart.Any plans yet for band maint.in house or send out??The waite will just make the winter seem longer,but spring sweeter. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

windy hill farm

Dont know how to post pictures yet, but the wife will take care of that. I have  a few sheds to build and maybe a camp on my woodlot.My mill will bi in the barn the day I pick it up, which wont be until April. Started a new job been working a lot of hours and weekends, so even if I had the mill I have not had time to cut any logs, that and all the snow in the woods. Kevin

vahighlander

Quote from: windy hill farm on March 03, 2010, 06:43:54 PM
Dont know how to post pictures yet, but the wife will take care of that. I have  a few sheds to build and maybe a camp on my woodlot.My mill will bi in the barn the day I pick it up, which wont be until April. Started a new job been working a lot of hours and weekends, so even if I had the mill I have not had time to cut any logs, that and all the snow in the woods. Kevin

what will you be building your sheds out of- is your place a lot of HW?  always curious to see if others like me with a big HW woodlot are building out of oak etc.....
WM LT35HD, Stihl saws, Kubota M5700, Massey Ferguson 2750e, Wallenstein FX65Winch, Woodland Mills WC88 chipper

windy hill farm

I will be building out of spruce fur and hemlock. I have black cherry maple and yellow birch, poplar but no oak up here on my land . Kevin

Thank You Sponsors!