iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does anyone out there collect logging toys?

Started by gascher, February 25, 2010, 06:08:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gascher

I have been collecting loggings toys for years.  In my office (Loggers Insurance Agency, Inc.), I have a display case full of die-cast logging toys - everything from skidders, processors, forwarders, log trucks, etc.  I even have a model log truck from Russia.  The writing on the box for the log truck from Russia is all written in Russian.  I have all of the original Timberjack models.  I have 50 different die cast metal logging toys.

I am always looking for companies that sell logging toys like www.everstoystore.com.  (Search under the words "log" or "logging").  Of course, I am always checking Ebay.  Some toys are available from equipment distributors like Valmet, John Deere and Ponse. 

Gary Ascher
www.loggerinsurance.com

Ironwood

A few things mostly log tractor trailer trucks w/ bunk style beds. Just when they hit me in the face.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

WH_Conley

Worst thing about them is that the ones I collected seemed to weight several tons, wouldn't fit on the desk. :(
Bill

Brucer

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Meadows Miller

Quote from: WH_Conley on February 25, 2010, 11:54:04 PM
Worst thing about them is that the ones I collected seemed to weight several tons, wouldn't fit on the desk. :(

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I have the same Issue as You do Bill  ;) :D :D Thats the problem when you collect full scale Originals Mate  ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gary Ive had afew toys when I was a kid I had several log trucks a couple of remote control cat loaders that i got for christmass and within a couple of hours they had log forks care of dad  ;) ;D  and a Jd 440 and Timberjack 225 skidders only problem was they all saw heavy use and got wore out  ;) :D :D :D If i had the chance again they would have been lef in the boxs but thats no fun for a Kid  ;) :D ;D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Logosol Steve

My six year old son gave me some Lincoln Logs and said I should use my "Logosol Skills" and build a cabin with them. :)

gascher

Quote from: Brucer on February 25, 2010, 11:57:48 PM
Have you got a WM sawmill yet?

Yes, I do have a model wood-mizer in my collection.  I bought direct from their website about 10 years ago.

Gary

Jeff

I've got quite a few, but none of the high dollar stuff like Smith-Miller. Mostly stuff about the value level of the Hubleys.  I have a bunch of wooden logging trucks, and all sorts of other collectibles. Most of it boxed up and in storage.   Ya want me to have a sale? ;D ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!