iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Canadian Logging Lawer needed

Started by fuzzybear, February 24, 2010, 01:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuzzybear

Does any one know of a good lawer in Canada?   Our Territorial government is trying to enact new legislation that will destroy our way of life. My entire operation is being forced to end on March 31. They are suspending all logging pending the approval of this new special intrest driven legislation.
   This is another example of  "It aint broke so lets fix it".  Now granted the existing laws are flawed but they are not broke. Instead they have allowed intrest groups from outside our Territory to dictate how and where we are to log. 
   So I am in desperate need of a logging Lawer that is not affraid to take on the Government. These new laws will be effecting a small population of loggers and bush people here in the north.
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

chucker

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR PLIGHT!!! this is becoming a problem every where that loggings being done. tree huggers and easy money takers will kill for your profits!! wish you all the best in your/our fight to prosper!!
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

SwampDonkey

The Yukon of all places doesn't need any tree huggers. Heck the amount being cut up there don't even come near breaking any sustainable harvest levels. Who are these knuckle-head invaders fuzzy?

My experience back east here with lawyers and government is that the lawyers will suck you dry while the government keeps them employed. And even if you did win that bunch will probably be signing your driver's license or medicare card. >:(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Samuel

Davis & Company out of Edmonton and Vancouver are our cooperate lawyers and they are very good.  Davis Stratton is the guy I have utilized a few times and he is very good!
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

DGK

Hello Fuzzybear,

How's the new regs going to stop your operation? I thought that they were supposed to be a smooth transition without any disruptions to the guys in the field. Maybe, I have been given a line.  I am interested in knowing as I just received my first logging permit based on the old regs.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

arojay

Harvest can only occur in planned areas.  There are only two planned areas, niether of which is in the Dawson area.  The Yukon has had an astounding influx of government employees from Outside jusrisdictions who have brought all of the wonderful ideas that see mills closing almost as fast as the Yukon can hire new government employees from Outside.
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

fuzzybear

Well after spending all day reminding EVERY MLA that the "new" regs are not even a law as of now, and that they are forcing my business closed. I reminded them that this is a violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights. Their responce came this morning in a phone call... "we are going to issue extensions until the end of April"
   I was assured for the last year that my woodlot would be safe, I was slammed with this 2 days ago.  The government is trying to force these new laws into effect without a sound plan in place.  Their "plan" for us in Dawson is to force us into a burn field where the trees only average 8". These trees are covered with charcoal, and pose a serious threat to your health. This plan has not even reached the first stage of approval. Their plan is to force it through the process. 
   Arojay, DGK,  I URGE you and your friends and family to call every mla and question this process. They are not following their own laws. When I spoke to YESAB they have not even received a project proposal for the north.  The only two areas they have plans for is Breaburn and Hains junction.  The process takes a min. of 3 months and up to 1 year. they are going to try and push it through in 1 month.
   It is not to late to stop this.  I am going to do every thing I can to preserve our way of life here in the north.  It is time to put a stop to Denis Fentie and the Yukon Party's way of letting special intrest groups trying to make a Civilization out of us dumb bushman.
   The public has been led to believe that this is a smooth transition, that is a lie, we have been led to believe that these laws will protect our way of life and our businesses, this also is a lie.
   Every recomendation we gave during the planning and development stages of this act have been ignored.  These laws will destroy our way of life and takes yet another of our God given rights and freedoms away.
   The First Nations have been ignored, the loggers have been ignored and the public has been lied to. AGAIN
   One voice will not stop this, BUT, I plan to speak loudly and clearly to these public servants.  After all they work for US. I urge all people interested in this to voice their concerns. Lets put a stop to this.
   Thank you Samuel for the information on the Lawer. I will be contacting him today.  Thank you to every one for your suport. This is going to be a long and hard fight. But it is a good fight.... it is for our children and our freedom.
Donovan "fuzzybear" McGlaughlin

arojay

Check page 46 of Wednesdays 'News'.
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

fuzzybear

Quote from: arojay on February 25, 2010, 03:42:26 PM
Check page 46 of Wednesdays 'News'.
I'll have to try and find a copy.  Headed out to camp for a couple of days. Need to clear my head and figure out my next plan of action.

DGK

Thanks for the info. I think that I will make some enquiries. I agree that we have too many from "outside"  bringing in their favourite regs from their previous employer.
Doug
Yukon, Canada

LT40G38 modified to dual pumped hydraulic plus, HR120 Resaw, EG200 Edger, Bobcat S185,Bobcat S590, Logosol PH260M3, Sthil MS660's, MS460,MS362's MS260, Trailtech dump trailer, F350, F700 Tilt-Deck log/Lumber Hauler, JD440B Skidder, Naarva S23C Processor

Thank You Sponsors!