iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Best engine for logging equipment?

Started by ggrober, February 23, 2010, 07:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggrober

What is your favorite engine for logging equipment? 
What engine would you like to see?

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

bushmechanic

Over the years I have worked on just about everything put into logging equipment and I have to say my favorite would have to be the 53 series Detroit Diesel and any John Deere is a close second.I'd like to see how an Isuzu would preform in a forestry machine.

tlandrum

i currently run a cummins in my new skidder but i have to say i miss the 4-53 turbo i have in my back up skidder. i also have a 3-53 in the knuckleboom they run good and sip fuel compared to anything else
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Mark K

I would say the same as bushmechanic but ad Perkins. We have a few Timberjacks in the area with the 6 cyl. motors in them. We have two White 2-105's on are farm with the same motor. I think they are 354's. Very strong motor and reasonable to rebuild.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

mahonda

haven't had to rebuild it yet, but our isuzu in my linkbelt is a great engine, i love it. just rebuilt our detroit in our loader, twice in two months! but the best engine all around was the yanmar in our danzco pull through delimber. eight hours one gallon of diesel started everyday *DanG fine engine.
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

donny hochstetler

3304 cat as reliable as the sun itsself 8)

Bobus2003

Quote from: bushmechanic on February 23, 2010, 08:21:51 PM
Over the years I have worked on just about everything put into logging equipment and I have to say my favorite would have to be the 53 series Detroit Diesel and any John Deere is a close second.I'd like to see how an Isuzu would preform in a forestry machine.

I have a 4cyl Isuzu non-turbo in my Link Belt Processor, talk about a fuel sipper.. 8hr days working hard i go through maybe 10 gallons of diesel.. i'm wondering if i rebuild the engine, lower the compression, and add a turbo how it will do.

KyMasterLogger

deere, cummins, deutz and cat in that order. detroit 2 cycle will be at the end of the list.  although not at the top of my list, a P pump cummins is pretty hard to beat in anything its installed in.

as for an engine i would like to see become a reality, it would be the MYT. heres a link to their website. http://www.angellabsllc.com/index.html

u-tube vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGlUZg2pC0Q

another vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Itl9ipaIJ_o&feature=related

timberjack240

im a fan of detroits .. except in trucks . i prefer a cat cuz the world is flat when you have a cat  ;D .. john deere and cummins put out good power to in knuckle boom loaders and skidders 

Thank You Sponsors!