iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer LT28

Started by Wallys World, February 22, 2010, 06:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wallys World

We finally did it. My wife and I ordered a new LT28 with the 25 horse and log deck package today. I looked at this same mill 2 years ago and now it is $2500 less! What a deal. Our LT15 has been a great mill, but I am not getting any younger and was looking for a little more mechanicnized log handling. Granted it is not a LT40 hydro..... but it's more than the LT15. Now to get the LT15 on the market. It is a 2000 with a bed extension and a WM road trailer kit.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

POC

Good for you!
I hope to make a similar purchase in the next month or so..
And that's all I have to say about that,
Patrick

Magicman

Congratulations and happy sawing.... 8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Congrats on the new LT28. They are nice mills.

What are you asking for the LT15?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Wallys World

I am going to ask $5000, WM values it at $4700 - $5400.
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Congrats on the new mill Wally's World and thanks for the posting about how to clamp small logs. That was a lot of help to me. I have a brand new LT-10 on order that I pick up mid March and can't wait to get back to sawing
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Wallys World

Thanks, and glad that picture helped you. Mine works slick, I can take a firewood size piece and make some nice lumber if I want to.

Chuck White

Congratulations on your new mill!  8)

Not many people have 2 sawmills!   ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Wallys World

Hopefully soon to have one so as I get the LT15 on the market!

Wallys World

I talked to Marty at PA Wood_Mizer today. We are going to pick up the LT28 at the "Woodworking Show" in Fredericksburg, VA on Sunday. Can't wait. Went to the LT15 today and started getting ready to put the trailer wheels back on to move it out. I got logs ready to saw on Monday (if the weather holds out!).

fishpharmer

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

P.A. RESHARP

Congratulations on the new mill,  maybe i will get to see you some time, if you come to Martys for openhouse or something.

Wallys World

Sadly, I have to work the days of the PA Open House.....

P.A. RESHARP

I will keep my ears open, we get call quite often on people looking for used mills

gator gar

Congratulation on the new purchase. I hope to be joining you in the next day or so of owning a LT28. ;D

vahighlander

Congrats!  Im picking my LT40HD up from Marty at the same show too!  Hope to go up Friday ans saw a bit with him to get the rust off. The weather looks iffy this weekend.
WM LT35HD, Stihl saws, Kubota M5700, Massey Ferguson 2750e, Wallenstein FX65Winch, Woodland Mills WC88 chipper

Wallys World

We are coming up on Sunday to get the LT28. Maybe we will see ya there!

vahighlander

Good meeting you John! Good luck with that 28.  Its gonna be fun.  I made it home safely with my 40.   Marty and Todd at PA Woodmizer are class acts.  Enjoyed sawing with you guys in Fredricksburg!
WM LT35HD, Stihl saws, Kubota M5700, Massey Ferguson 2750e, Wallenstein FX65Winch, Woodland Mills WC88 chipper

Wallys World

Nice meeting you also, Chuck. We made it safely home also (after stopping at Wegman's). Took a little under 3 hours. The mill pulls like a dream. I hope to be making saw dust tomorrow with it. Marty and Todd were great to work with. Good luck with you new mill also.

Wallys World

I put the LT28 to work this morning. Everything worked great. Started with a Maple and did a Cedar.

The maple was in my aunt's yard next door to our house and the boards are 5/4 X 22", the cedar is 4/4 x 8". I put it on the wagon to get ready for stacking. Had a good day, a few learning curves from the LT15, but I am very pleased.

fishpharmer

WW, great looking stack of lumber from a great mill.  Wish we could have seen the smile on you face.    8) 8)

wannasaw

Congrats Wally!, I made the very same purchase or, down payment last thurs. and could'nt be more thrilled for both of us. My Dad used to take me fishing alot and always told me to enjoy the anticipation of the trip because it sometimes goes downhill from that point. I have an optimism about this though, hope it'll be uphill from here for both of us. It was easy for me to choose the 28 after looking at used saws in our area vs. the cost of the 28.YAHOO!!! I hope...
LT28 70something Int'l Backhoe loader  Kubota L285, Husky 55, F-250 7.3, 12'x6' single axle trailer, Kubota RTV900 w/remote hyd. Iron will...

Magicman

Happy "Sawdust Day" to you..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

vahighlander

Nice Job Wally!  I didnt get to saw with my new rig....rained in my area.  But Im looking forward to Wed thru Sunday!!

P.A. RESHARP

Congratulations Wally   You keep going, next will be the lt 40

Thank You Sponsors!