iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Olympic hockey

Started by Warbird, February 22, 2010, 01:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warbird

Go USA!!  Nice game against Canada!  Incredible hockey.  The Russia - Czech game was also good.  :) 

rickywashere

yea that was a great game lots of shots on goal and lots of action

Warbird

I hope to see a rematch for the gold medal.  :)

SwampDonkey

I can't/couldn't watch it, no coverage here.  ::)  :'(
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom Sawyer

Ryan Miller won the game for you guys.  We have a long road ahead to get to the gold medal game.  I would love to see a rematch as well! :)

Warbird

This may not seem very patriotic of me but I honestly would be happy to see either USA or Canada win the gold.  As long as it is one of the two, I am happy.  Continuing with the honesty, I am a bit miffed at what my country has done with televising NHL games.  They tried to kill the sport, IMO.  :-\

Magicman

Quote from: Warbird on February 22, 2010, 03:03:53 PM
  Continuing with the honesty, I am a bit miffed at what my country has done with televising NHL games.  They tried to kill the sport, IMO.  :-\ 

I'm afraid that it is all about sponsorship and the almighty dollar.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

We have a CBS affiliate out of Presque Isle, Maine and I've never seen hockey played on that station. They broadcast just about anything else though. :D In Canada, we have Hockey on every week and sometimes every night on CBC near the playoffs. There is a Monday or Sunday Night Football theme on CBS and here it's Hockey Night in Canada, which has been forever. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

I hope to see either Canada or the US win the gold it really don't matter to me. If by chance they do play each other again I hope that the reffing is done a bit more fairly.  There was atleast three different time in the game where the US should have had penalties called.  One of those calls should have been a checking from behind call, another a boarding call.  There was more than once that the crowd boo'd wanting these penalties but what is done is done.  I better shut up before I start a war.   :D

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

If ya wanna play dirty, I guess we'll have to give a little back. :D :D

Coon

Don't ya worry donk, the womens team will lay a licking on em in the finals.... they just shut out the Fins  in the semi final.   ;D  The Fins only got 11 shots on goal the whole game.

As for the mens Canada will get the US right where it hurts.  We just wanted to make em feel good for a bit.... remember we're playin on home ice.  ;)  ;D  :D

Brad.

tonich

Do not underestimate European teams - Sweden looks rock solid so far, Finland, Russia and Czech Republic could improve their play a lot!

Warbird

Russia & Sweden look very good but I still think Canada or the USA will win the gold.

chainspinrunner

I'm rooting for North America!!!
Grose

pigman

I am rooting for a team from Earth.  ;) I bet they win.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Payton34

I'm with you, Pigman.  I sure hope a team from Earth wins, too!! :D :D :D :D

Warbird

I never woulda guessed you two were greenpeacers...   :o :o ;)

isawlogs

Whos goalin'for the Greenpeacers  ???
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Coon

Do you greenpeacers wear helmets or just your halo's?   :D

Warren

Kinda got the hockey bug after spending the last 3 months in Waterloo area on assignment.  "THE GAME"  was not televized in our area, however, son came to the rescue and showed me how to find a live internet feed.  Was able to watch most of it on the computer.

Will be an interesting game indeed if both teams make it to the Gold Medal game for a rematch...

-w-

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Brucer

Well, losing to the US cost us a little detour, but we took out Germany so we're into the quarter finals. Canada & Russia is next up.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Warbird

That will be a good game.  Here's hoping Canada spanks them.  Sure wish I could watch all these games.

Warbird

Yes!  The USA vs Swiss game is being aired on broadcast TV at 1400 local time.  And I got the afternoon off!!   8) 8) Yes, I like hockey enough to request time off from work just to watch it.  And my boss is cool.  He likes hockey, too.  ;D

Warbird

Wow.  This USA vs Switzerland game is awesome.  I know it is already over but it is on tape delay here.  Going into the 3rd period now, still 0-0.  USA has 32 S.O.G. compared to Switzerland's 8.   :o

SwampDonkey

Canada has one goal so far on Russia in the first period.

Thank You Sponsors!