iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the winter from hell (continues)

Started by Quebecnewf, February 19, 2010, 08:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chevytaHOE5674

We are all on spring break up here. Load restrictions went into effect almost 2 weeks ago now, so no logging really going on. Still a foot or more snow in the woods, but open areas are pretty well melted. Been in the 40-50's for the last 2.5 weeks now, but calling for cold and snow starting on saturday.

Ron Scott

It's the same down here, but most all of our snow is gone. No hauling for the past 2 weeks due to the road restrictions. Doing some forwarding and cleanup, but the road access is bad until things dry out.   
~Ron

Coon

It's snowing here right now.  >:(  Highs for the next couple of days are below freezing.  :(  What a change from yesterday though..... was nice and sunny and warm with a high of 11 Celcius......
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

loggersmg

Here in Southwestern Nova Scotia, it looks very well like Spring is here.  99% of the snow is gone, most of the lakes are ice free and there hasn't been any frost left in the ground for over a week. Muddy skidding but on the bright side, they,re talking about lifting the spring weight restrictions in 3 weeks instead of 5 so at least we'll get some trucking done

SwampDonkey

Dad planted peas in the garden yesterday.  :D They'll never live if they germinate at all. I don't know what he's thinking. ::)

Suppose to be in the 60's tomorrow.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.  If they don't make it, he can replant.  But, if they do make it......he'll be a hero...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

They only cost $0.30 so won't be out much. :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sjfarkas

it's been in the 60's and 70's here in california.  I wish we had more storms coming to help the drought, but I don't think anything substantial will come.  We can't work here in the winter so the warm weather is could for the timber industry and also for my clearing bussiness.  The farms will suffer from the lack of water.  I guess more food will be coming from other countries. 
Always try it twice, the first time could've been a fluke.

CLL

Was 60 degrees here yesterday today we have 6" of snow on the ground and its 30 degrees. Supposed to snow up to 3 more inches tonight.
Too much work-not enough pay.

sawguy21

We didn't have a winter to speak of, Vanoc had to truck in snow for some Olympic events. The crocus and daffodils have been out for almost a month. Things are not looking good for the summer with such a low snow pack, we could get another bad fire season and some communities could be short of water.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!