iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Solo 694 & 656 saws

Started by Meadows Miller, February 19, 2010, 03:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meadows Miller

Gday

Im needing to update a couple of my older saws shortly namely been a Jonsered 2095 and a 2050 the main one been the 95 atm as its hitting the 13yo mark and have been looking around at options cash is tight but i dont want skimp on quality at the same time . So i have the choise of rebuilding a couple of the saws i have here or looking at new saws namely been either a 390xp or 395xp at either $1800 and $1950 au respectivley  which my local saw shop has done me a deal on taking about $200 of the list price on each which is getting alittle on the steep side for me atm  

Ive been on the baileys site and and noticed that i could get a 694 sent here for around the $1050 aust mark with postage which aint a bad price for a 90cc class saw in anyones language I doubt ill get a warranty but from my exp with them in the past working with a tree lopper for a couple of years they arnt a bad saw his where about 5 years old at the time also

So i guess my question to you all is what has your exp been with solos and buying new saws over the internet through baileys if you have had any dramas with the saw

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

fishpharmer

Chris,
Eight years of heating my home exclusively with firewood in a relatively mild southern US winter is my experience with Solo chainsaws. (Have an electric heat pump now) I started with a new 647 in 1989.  Gave me years of good service in a homeowner capacity.  Up until the saw was over fifteen years old parts were no problem to obtain. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Solo.

James
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ladylake

I have a Solo 690 that really cuts and is built well, it's a little heavy on the downside. I think the 694 and a Dolmar saw are the same with my 690 being a Solo design.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

peppone

the solo 694 basicly is a dolmar ps 9000 (or ps 9010 it's the same) engine with 1 mm plus of running on the drive shaft.
good saw.
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

Thank You Sponsors!