iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Where's da food

Started by chet, October 08, 2003, 08:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Hey, has everybody gone on a diet and not clued me in.  :-/  Food topics have been kind of scarce lately. No that's not it. What I should have said is "topics that where converted ta food" have been kind of scarce lately.  ::)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

I fed Noble Pickled Baloney
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chet

I don't think Noble even told us if he liked da fat hot dog dat tasted like a pickle.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

He aint mentioned it. I got pickled Ocra(sp?) Not bad. I liked it.

ohsoloco

Pickling....where's da pigs feet  ??? ;D

Tripe...anyone for pickled tripe?  (that's right, get me talking about food, and it ends up about innards  :D )

jerry-m

Don't like Okra, no way no how   Kinda like squash mushy, too slick for me... Fried squash is fine just about anytime... Just got up from fried cat fish, tators, & fried biscuits... It was  Farm raised cat fish, not as good as fresh caught... ( Man I got to go fishing soon)...  Been making beef jerky for deer season, but everybody always eats it before I can get it hid...

Jerry
Jerry

Bro. Noble

You guys just don't read all the posts.  I've mentioned pickled balogna at least twice I believe.  Once was on that thread where You put all your pictures,  Jeff.

I can sure see how that stuff would go with cheese and crackers out at the deer camp.  I really liked it (still have a little left),  but my daughter Carrie said "that stuff looks really disgusting"  I sent a sample to my folks.  They thought it otter be fried for best results.

Jeff,  you went off without the antelope jerky I aimed to send home with you.  I ate it for you ;D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

chet

Noble, if ya want ta make up a nudder batch of dat antelope jerky and send it to me, I'll save it fur Jeff when he comes ta see me. It'll be a test ta see if I got more self control than you.   ;D

Jeff

dail_h

Now how does one pickel balogna???? Sounds good
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

OneWithWood

Relax, Jeff.  Noble being the kind hearted guy he is was just taste testing it for you to make sure you did not have a re-occurance of quicky-stop hot dog disease. :o
Given his age he probably forgot the results and kept having to repeat the test. ;D

You should be more appreciative of your elders  :D :D

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Texas Ranger

Back in my beer drinking days at the U of Mo we used to find pickled sausage, pigs feet, and eggs at our local watering hole.  Don't know as if it was that good, or there was that much beer flowing, but it stands in my memory as some of the finest hours spent in school.  ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

whitepe

Food ???
Jeff and Tammy had some of Becky's lasagna.
It's so good even Garfield wants some.  :D
I'm afraid to mention hot dogs.   ;D
blue by day, orange by night and green in between

Jeff

Quote  Now how does one pickel balogna???? Sounds good

First it needsto be deer season. Then you go to the grocery stores in Michigan and it grows in jars stacked neatly in rows near the meat coolers.

Thank You Sponsors!