iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thinking of a temp. building or shed for mill

Started by bikedude73, February 15, 2010, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikedude73

I got my WM lt-15 and the snow came in a big way.....  I have had some time to think about what kind of shed to build.  I have been thinking about a temp. shed like four 4x4's and a tarp or a pvc hoop house ect...  not sure yet.  Want to cut lumber for my saw shed / barn so have to have a temp shed first.  Any suggestions would be great. :P

POC

There is a guy in Bedford that sells tarps, and these are the best tarps I've ever seen.  They are what are put on billboards now instead of paper.  So they have screen printing of some advertisement on them.  I think they are about $50, are different sizes, but generally about 20'X25' or so.
I'd throw up some posts, maybe even the ones you are going to use for your perm. building and cover with one of these tarps.  I'll get a phone number if you are interested.
And that's all I have to say about that,
Patrick

stonebroke

Just google billboard coverings, or try it on ebay

bikedude73

POC I would love to have the info.  Thanks for your help!!!!  We shoule get together and do some milling when I get my mill set up. 

Busy Beaver Lumber

POC

That is an excellent price on tarps that size. They are usually made out of 13 mil thick vinyl. We own a sign business here in Fort Wayne and that vinyl usually sells for around 50 cents a square foot wholesale. Just make sure when you hang it you do not have any snag points because one you get a slit in it, it will rip fairly easy from that point on.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

POC

It might take me a couple of days.  I have to drive by and get the phone number, I just drive up and get some when I need them.
We've got some snow over here....in case you hadn't heard!

Quote from: bikedude73 on February 15, 2010, 07:40:15 PM
POC I would love to have the info.  Thanks for your help!!!!  We shoule get together and do some milling when I get my mill set up. 
Patrick

POC

Sorry it took so long...........
I stopped and talked to the guy today.
14'x48', $30.  Only problem is they weigh about #70!

So if anyone wants one, let me know, it might take me a couple of weeks to get them, but I will and get them shipped.

Patrick
Patrick

Thank You Sponsors!