iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Does it ever get cold in Florida?

Started by woodbowl, February 14, 2010, 10:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodbowl

Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

woodbowl

It got a little cool last friday so my boy and me decided to go rambling and wound up at the state line. Do you think I could come up north for a visit to warm up?  :)
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sawguy21

It is like spring here if you don't mind coming WAY north. :D That is unbelievable, you southern guys do something to make the weatherman mad?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Coon

If you can manage to get to the prairies it's supposed to be warm all this week.   ;)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

fishpharmer

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it. ;)

How much ended up sticking on the ground?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

woodbowl

This happens once every 15 or 20 years. We probably got less than an inch and it  melted by nightfall, but a few miles on into Alabama I heard 2" to 4".

fishpharmer

We had 4-6" up here.  I tried to send it all your way.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

CHARLIE

It has to be above 0°, so why are y'all wearing coats?
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodbowl

Quote from: CHARLIE on February 15, 2010, 12:26:16 AM
It has to be above 0°, so why are y'all wearing coats?

Come on down Charlie, don't forget yer short britches. Ask Jeff and Sprucebunny and corley5 and.... lets see, who else was it in the past 5 years that almost froze to death while on a friendly visit.  :D

CHARLIE

Don't need to. I'm a displaced Floridian........
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

dnalley

Is that you, Judson ???  Talk about a smile on a dad's face ;D

isawlogs

This would of been a real good time to go visite ...   Would feel just like home .  :) 
Hey Woodbowl,  how ya been keeping , are you coming to the piggy roast this summer ???  YA know I never did get that video from that mill fabricater up here  :-\  I should look into that ..  :P 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

Olen, we had our share here too. Like Fish, we got 4-6 inches, and it stayed around for a couple, three days.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

woodbowl

Sounds like I need to go visit Charlie and Coon real soon.

Judson said, yea Dwight thats me.  He thinks he's taller than me now, but I know better. Anybody knows by looking at the picture, that the camera was tilted, I was standing in a hole and slumped over. The snow was blowing down my collar making me reel my neck in. He had heel boots on, was standing on a hill and the sign was crooked. He's got one of those high fitting hats too.  :)

Come on down anytime Marcel. We'll go to the beach if it's not cold enough. I have been trying to figure how to get to the pig roast again this year. If I can twist DanGs arm to go with me again, it could work out. I've got the video, if you can check them out, maybe it's a good mill.

Wow Radar, snow to play in for several days. Wish we could have had a foot or more.

CHARLIE

Well no wonder he was taller than you were! I was wondering how that could have happened and now I know the truth! 8)
Charlie

Coon

C'mon up woodbowl, it's about time to show you southerners around these parts.  ;)  Hmmm let's see.... what to put on the agenda first...... ya like fishin'? the big great northerns are biting.... friend of mine went out yesterday and had to use his chainsaw to get one through the ice... 10" hole wasn't biig enough....still waiting on the video footage of it from him.... ;D  hope he'll let me share it here. 

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

WDH

Olen,

That is a pretty severe slope that you are standing on.  Looks a little mountainous so that must be why you look so short.  That and the camera angle had to create an illusion delusion  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Slabs

Jeez!!!

That can't be the little guy that went over to DanG's with us a few years ago.  Olen musta strapped him in a leg stretcher.  Maybe you shoulda tried it Olen.

Hi Judson.  Great to see you again.
Slabs  : Offloader, slab and sawdust Mexican, mill mechanic and electrician, general flunky.  Woodshop, metal woorking shop and electronics shop.

woodbowl

That's him slabs. As for his legs, I think they're hollow. He can flat sure put away some food.  :o

beenthere

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 16, 2010, 03:08:24 PM
Spoiled rotten bunch.  :D :D ;D

SD
Shouldn't a said that. I think that someone down there put a heebie jeebie on ya, and knocked you off da forum.  ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!