iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is it with some of you guys???

Started by Twig farmer, February 13, 2010, 09:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Sky

The Detroit in my Fowarder got me to a Zoning Board meeting in my town cause a neighbor did not appreciate that purr.  Got a restraining order on that engine.  Seems that 7 AM in the morning is too early for some.  And the minimal use of fuel is great.

Dave Shepard

Maybe they'd like to hear it at 10:00 at night? I used to help out some friends that did excavating work after their day jobs. We'd be backfilling trenches at 9 or 10 at night, if that's what it took to get the job done. They looked into it, and I think they could make all the noise they wanted from 7 am until I think 11 pm. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Phorester

Interesting when neighbors can't tolerate extra noise for a few weeks every 15 years or so that a particular woods is harvested isn't it?  Some people use it as an excuse to try and shut down that "horrible" logging that's going on so they can "save" the woods.  ::)

Occasionally in the winter here loggers will cut trees during the day, bring in a different crew to skid and load at night when the ground is frozen.  They're doing less damage to the site, rather than skidding during the day when the ground is soft.  We had a logging operation several years ago where some neighbors, who said they're not against logging as long as it's done to minimize "environmental impact"  couldn't understand that logic.  Closest one was several hundred yards from the logging.  They couldn't tolerate the extra night noise for a few weeks.  Good grief.

SwampDonkey

Isn't there some kind of law that allows you to conduct your business without being harassed as long as your within the law? Surely there is no more noise involved in logging, not as much, as living near downtown in a major city. They going to shut the city down? :D Same old story, "not in my back yard". ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ron Scott

Yes, some states have " The Right to Farm Laws", and "The Right to Practice Forestry Laws", but then there are also "The Nuisance Laws" for excessive and repeated noise, etc.
~Ron

barbender

The Detroit exhuast note will definately get you cited under "nuisance laws" :D I have to pull some firewood for a friend in a few days, in a populated neighborhood, I'll see if I annoy anyone with the 3-53 ::)
Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!