iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I Love The Olympics

Started by Qweaver, February 13, 2010, 02:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qweaver

I'm just setting here in my easy chair drinking hot coffee, nibbling on deer jerky and watching the Olympics.
It's 20deg outside with snow falling and I'm inside snug as a bug.  Life is good.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

SwampDonkey

Man, that's cold for those parts. It's 32 here with bright sunshine.  That being said, I haven't taken up the interest yet. Maybe I should turn the TV on for a spell. Coffee sounds nice, but soon gotta open the "crock pot" for my supper. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Well that's that. Just checked, and all I see is Golf on CBS and Doc zone on CBC.  :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Coon

Swamp I think you better upgrade from poverty vision.  :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

If it's a disease Coon, I've been afflicted a mighty long time.   ;D

Warbird

Pretty sad what happened to the Georgian luge athlete.  :(

SwampDonkey

Yeah, sad. And to think that was the only glimpse those TV pimps have shown me about the Olympics so far.  :-X ::)

Tom

I don't know what happened.  Fox News won't show it because they say it is too graphic.  I searched for the Olympics and found women's hocky.  Then I missed the ski jumping, caught some speed skating and missed all of the Daytona 500.  The TV people have done a good job of hiding this stuff from me today.  In exasperation I watched Kelly's Heroes.  It is an entertaining flick every time.  They got the gold again. :)

beenthere

Here is a YouTube vid of the accident. Not bloody, but shows the abrupt impact against steel columns. A bit surprised there were not protective walls across the columns. Other years, seems there was more wide open space with snow and snow fences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IIHVlriH04&NR=1

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Well, I'm getting a little glimpse now since it's after 7:00 pm  I guess that's how CBC does it, shows tapings of the days events. Well, I guess it's still daylight out there, but how late in the day to they carry on? It would be 3:00 pm out there. I think this is just the news, not CBC sports weekend. Since those small dishes came out they took all the pieces of CBC that made a good station and created umpteen dedicated stations for each topic. ::)

SwampDonkey

Well looks like it's going to be hockey tonight. Philly @ Montreal and Calgary Flames at the Anaheim Ducks. :D

Just did an Olympic schedule search on CBC and zip. Good grief.

Warbird

We are watching speed skating now.  Ski jumps on the 'normal' hill concluded a bit earlier.  Got to see a replay of the opening and have to hand it to the Canadians.  They did a beautiful job.  I really appreciated seeing Gretzky light the outdoor torch. 

Brucer

Quote from: beenthere on February 13, 2010, 06:03:43 PM
A bit surprised there were not protective walls across the columns. Other years, seems there was more wide open space with snow and snow fences.

It's claimed to be the wildest sliding course ever. The Olympic committee has ruled the accident was due to operator error -- he came out of the previous turn too high. Looking at some still shots I get the impression that when he parted from the sled, the reaction threw him up and outward, clearing the top of the sidewall.

They've revised the program now. The sidewall has been extended upward to keep someone on the course. The men will also be using the lower women's start, which will keep the speeds down. The guy was clocked at just under 90 MPH when he left the track.

Here's a look at the track going into that curve ...

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/venues/story/2010/01/13/spo-venues-sliding.html

If you want a look at the program, check out the venues, see the results, CBC has a pretty comprehensive web site at ...

http://www.cbc.ca/olympics/
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but no TV coverage, at least not out this way. Years ago it was on CBC TV all through the games. Now I guess you have to pay. $%#$%^'m  :D

Qweaver

The coverage is on NBC and is really continuous except for a two hour break between 6and 8 pm.  It's 1:15 AM right now and still going until 4 AM.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

Brucer

Yep, NBC paid $800 million for the exclusive broadcast rights. As of 2 weeks ago they predicted they were going to lose $200 million. Makes you wonder if things are going to change ...

Brucer

Some "experts" were talking about how the Canadian Women's Hockey team could suffer from the  psychological pressure to win for the home crowd. Didn't see any of that tonight.

I'm calling for the Canadian women to beat the US team in the finals ;D ;D ;D.

SwampDonkey

I don't even have to watch that to know whose gonna win. I hope that ain't the only gold.  :D

LOGDOG

The death of that young guy upsets me. They should have had nets strung along that whole course of I-Beams there, or have brought that wall higher. Just upsetting.  :-\

I did enjoy watching the speed skating last night though. Those guys are smoooooth on the ice. The USA had a good showing.  :)

LOGDOG

Don_Papenburg

Canada got the first gold on home turf tonight   Mogals I think.
Scot Ono has to get one more gold to become the winingest  olymipian ever.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

DonT

Swamp Try CTV. The mens hockey ius going to be close,the Russian team are have a pretty potent line-up.They decide to play as a team they will be real tough to beat.Womans team won 18-0,at first Ithougfht this was a little unspotsmanlike to run the score up,but in the event of a tie goals for and goals against come into play,so being the spotsmanlike team could kill you in the end.I also read where the slovaks beat the Bulgarian womans team 82-0 now thats running the score up.

SwampDonkey

Yeah CTV, if only I could see it through the snow. I used to be able to get that station a few years ago, but it has gone down hill as far as reception the last few years.

Thank You Sponsors!