iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

tj clutch

Started by 240b, February 12, 2010, 08:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

240b

can't depress clutch pedal with engine off, works fine with motor running. any ideas?? ('95 240b, cummins with manual gear box. i rebuild clutch 2500hrs ago. worked great till today)

bushmechanic

Sounds like you may have trouble with the throw-out bearing and your clutch fork may be jamming up when stopped and catching when the machine is running.Another thing comes to mind is that there could be a problem in the pressure plate.Is it a New Process gearbox and reverse box set-up?

Jamie_C

Sounds similar to what happened on the 610 that i run, the little clips that hold the buttons on the clutch fork broke and it basically was just flopping around.

240b

Quote from: bushmechanic on February 13, 2010, 08:08:09 AM
Sounds like you may have trouble with the throw-out bearing and your clutch fork may be jamming up when stopped and catching when the machine is running.Another thing comes to mind is that there could be a problem in the pressure plate.Is it a New Process gearbox and reverse box set-up?

Its an Eaton gear box the reverser is in the transfer case. I was hoping it was the throw-out bearing, but starting to think its the pressure plate. Its factory, and has 8770. hrs on it. I just put a new disc and bearing in it before. Pulled pulp trucks this am and it didn't bother. Dealer suggested i run it till it blows up. Ah, I don't think so.  I can drive it to the shop and work on it.   

ford62783

id say its the presure plate my self had a freind had the same problem few years ago and thats what it ended up being of course we didnt think about it til after we swaped out the throw out bearing and it still didnt work lol
timberjack 240e

240b

Quote from: Jamie_C on February 13, 2010, 08:38:04 AM
Sounds similar to what happened on the 610 that i run, the little clips that hold the buttons on the clutch fork broke and it basically was just flopping around.

The spring clip broke on one side and the button fell out.  it appears that the fork only was pushing on one side at that point and the throw out bearing was binding on the tube it rides on. that broke the tube off and kind of pushed itself into the clutch and ground up. So I need to replace the front cover on the transmission. Every thing else looks ok except the throw out housing.  So couple hundred bucks and it hopefully will be back to work. Could be worse.
Thanks for the help.

Thank You Sponsors!