iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

This maybe Goodbye!

Started by ARKANSAWYER, October 06, 2003, 08:50:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARKANSAWYER

I thought that I would post this as it may be goodbye from me before the car from NASA comes and hauls me away to Area 51.
   I have notice a small thing but when one ponders on it a bit it becomes quite a deal.  It seems that I  have been lied to for some time now.  The earth can not rotate around the sun as they say.  Because each night on my walk from the mill to the house it is very dark and I look up at the stars.   I see the same ones year round.   But as I ponder on this fact it seems unlikly to be able to occure.   If for in fact the earth rotated around the sun I should see different part of the universe on my trip around the sun and thus each night see a slight change of stars.  I can only see stars when I am in the shadow of the sun on the back side of earth.  My field of view is limited to say 180 degrees but other then the tilt of the earth as the seasons change the same stars appear each night.   From each side of the sun I should be looking at oppitsite stars in the universe?  I can not look into the sun and see stars on the other side and during the day I can not see stars.  So why do I see the same stars at night?  
    My wife has this pot that you can build a fire in and sit out in the rose garden on these cool fall nights.  The light reflects out the top and onto the trees around.  If you keep the pot to your back you can look up at the trees in the light.   As you move around the pot you see different trees.   When you turn around to warm your front side the light from the pot keeps you from seeing much of any thing.   So I was wondering why then do I see the same stars if I am going around the sun?
  How to could a man see Mercury or Venus if they are between us and the sun?  We can only see out the back side of earth and they would always be to the front.
   So when I am deleted and NASA hauls me off to AREA 51 know I will miss you all and wish you a found farewell.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Paul_H

For the next few weeks it may be a good idea to shave the beard and have Rodney wear the red shirt and hat, while you offbear.At least till they have dragged him away.

Better yet,head up our way till things cool of down there.Keep calm and be cool,were here for you.Just follow the North Star,it's easy to find,it never moves.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

woodmills1

You should quickly come up here to NH as my neighbor has a whole room dedicatd to area 51 and that would help you feel better after you left one of our bonfires. :D :D :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

DanG

Arkey, m'boy! What makes you so sure those are the same stars?  After all, they all really look pretty much the same, don't they? I mean, they're all just little bright specks in what we percieve to be "the Sky."  I'm thinkin' you may have just OD'd on cedar dust, and should take a few days off in a nice clean place like Moultrie, Ga.  I was up in your neck of the woods, a few years back, and discovered that the "round Earth" theory is a lotta bull. I'da never thunk it, what with all the propaganda I'd been fed in school, but I'm pretty sure I came to the edge of this big flat sucker! :o :o  I'm a'thinkin that a steady diet of that might give a feller a funny perspective, such as yer own. ???

BTW, do them NASA fellers wear white coats? :P
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

I can well understand the confusion caused by such deep thinking.  Having been prone to such excercises in the past, I have found that it is a survivable endeavor.

Look back upon the logic of "Trees make wind". :)

LSUNo1

Maybe it'd be best if you just went inside before it gets dark for a few days ;D

Percy

Ive often had questions that couldnt be answered by rational thinkin either......like, does the light in the fridge really go out when you close the door?  Why cant I wipe my butt with my elbow? How come there are no fluoresent squrrels?? Does the gene pool have a lifeguard?? :D :) ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Haytrader

TEXTPSSSSSSSSST!

Well, It is plain to see that someone in Bruno, Arkansas has been pressin some cider and has let it sit out a little to long before sippin.  -or-    One of them virus laden sqeeters has done bit him causin all this high lucinatin.

8) 8) 8) 8)
Haytrader

Haytrader

Man, did I screw that post up, but guess ya'all had that figured out already.

;)

See what JUST READIN Arksawyers jibber jabber did to me?
Haytrader

Norm

I often ponder the tough questions of life too. Like when you get to the end of the universe what's next. Is there anything faster than light. How many dimensions are there. Is this batch of corn squeezins 160 or 180.

I think I'm not the only one that needs a day off. :D

Weekend_Sawyer

Heay Arky,

We at NASA  would like to take you to.... Lunch... yea lunch. We are sending a wagon... er CAR, around to pick you up. Please wait outside and hold a sign up that says "Yup it's me!"

The truth to you folks is that we keep Arkansas in a box with holes punched in it. It's quite the ant farm.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Bibbyman

I don't go to the malls or to the airports and such on purpose.  They got these displays every now and again showing a big map of the place.  No matter where I find one, there is a big arrow showing me where I am.  That just bugs the bejebees out of me.  How do they always know where I am?  ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Texas Ranger

arky, ya either need to start drinking, or if you are drinking stop, or ifin you caint stop, get a better supply man, cause that stuff your own is gonna kill ya. :'(
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

OneWithWood

One day somebody is going to find THE SWITCH and then we are all going to know what Arky knows.

Arky, it sure has been good to know you (sort of - the know you part I mean).  Keep your eyes peeled for customers showing up at the mill that just don't seem quite right.  You know what I mean? :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

I'm goona have to take the blame on here. Gosh durn it. I thought he could handle it. I give him such a small bottle to. All that Northern wisdom and secrets of the forest and the cosmos bottled up into one small amount of Harrison Maple Syrup was more then poor Arky's nervous system could take. DanG I feel guilty. I turned the boy into a pure sap.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

Aha!!!!!
    I knew it.... There had to be a perfictly good reason behind all of this...Did you also send some over to Woodmills1 ??? ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

Nope.  I took some clear down to Misourri with me to give to Noble. I also took some for Arky, but forgot it at Nobles when we went to Arkansas. So I had to mail it clear back down there after I got home.

woodmills is just having nadaskool brain tremers.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

dail_h

SHOOT,y'all all got it completely wrong...
   Being almost completely night blind,I;m convinced that stars don't really exist.What Arky is most likely seeing is phototropic impressions from staring at the sawblade all day      yeah that's it zactly ,yup done figured it out,an y'all thought I didn't no nuthin.
       SHOOT, I showed y'all
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

AtLast

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ::)
actually u dont see all the same uns cuzzin the earth is square an iffin ya ever take a box and set it on its tip and spin it..it sorta weeble wobbles and THAS y they are different every night cuzzin the weeble wooble

isawlogs

A... Jeff....

I'm thinking that ....that there syrup leeked out more then what you may have thought, Or is it the fall air that is coming down from the great north ??? ??? ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

C_Miller

Percy I've been giving your questions some thought  and this is what I came up with

...like, does the light in the fridge really go out when you close the door?     Yes, and I have the pictures to prove it.

Why cant I wipe my butt with my elbow?
      You can, but sometimes you need to use your fingernails.

How come there are no fluoresent squrrels??  The starting circut only works with flourescent chipmunks.

Does the gene pool have a lifeguard?? Obviously not.

C
CJM

Sawyerfortyish

NASA whats that stand fer :-/
  North Arkansas Sawyers Association. ;)
I thought Arky was chairmain of the board. ;) Now whats all this gibrish about these stars. If you want to see stars during the day you have to go to Hollywood :D ;D

woodmills1

see bein a fisics kinda guy stars i gots no problems with but last night thar DanG smelly red oak was a sorta sweeta smellin.  Was gona ina mornin though. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

ARKANSAWYER

I have come to the conclusion that the earth is more like the tops I played with as a kid.  We are just spining around with a slight wobble and that's it.  No going around the sun and the rest of the universe is just a bunch of suns out there spining around but not going any where.  Because if I was going around the sun then I would get new stars each night.  But NO I am seeing the same ole worn out stars that Grandpa saw when he was a kid.  And that stinking moon.  I just see the same ole side of it all the time as well.   I wonder what is on the other side.   Maybe it doesn't have another side.  You can not trust them NASA guys any way because they are goverment any way.   Like the Government never lied to us before.   Something just is not right here!
ARKANSAWYER
P.S.  Jeff was I to put that sap over something or just take it straight up?   Shur smells good!
ARKANSAWYER

woodmills1

we do wobble, it is called precession I think, and it takes around 17,000 years to wobble once.  That means in around 6,500 years it will be obvious that we need a new north star.  Now my grandpa ain't that old. :)

Thank You Sponsors!