iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Please delete my account

Started by Don K, February 08, 2010, 03:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don K

Someone used my email address to register on this forum, please kindly remove the account. Yes I have tried myself in the Account Settings but the Delete Account options isn't displayed.

Many thanks.
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Tom

Don,
The software doesn't allow that.

Please be more specific.  Place the info in an email or Instant Message. 

I've looked at your email address and it only appears one time on the forum.

Do you have another one that is being used?

SwampDonkey

Hopefully he's not getting a malware email from another site posing as a forestry forum email reply. What was the email address attached to the message you got? Maybe forward that info to Jeff or Tom in a personal message.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Warbird

Or someone hacked his account here?  Was this message posted from his known good IP?

Jeff

I need some sort of contact info for Don K  I believe his email account to have been hacked and used to gain login for the forum. Unless Don has moved to Amsterdam, that post was not him.  His account has been froze.

Does anyone have a phone number??
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff

I just called dang, but the number he gave me is a wrong number.

Jeff

I got a hold of Radar67's wife. She said Radar and Don were trying last night to figure out what was wrong. Well, we know now.  She did not have Don's number but Will tell Terry as soon as he gets home from work.

This is a good place to give a security talk.

Folks, your email password is critical  You need make sure  it is a good one.  Why?  Do you do any online payment, shoping or banking?  Do you share any personal info with family or friends in it? Do you sign up for forums such as this?

If Someone can hack into your email, odds are they can turn your world upside down. 
Rather then me type out a lengthy explanation on how easily you might be hacked, read this.

http://onemansblog.com/2007/03/26/how-id-hack-your-weak-passwords/

Warbird

Someone please be sure to tell Don to use a different and known to be secure computer and change all logins for his secure stuff (banks, retirement accounts, etc)?  This happened to my brother a few months ago and thankfully, we either changed his passwords and account names in time, or they hadn't gained access to it.

Magicman

I have Don's mailing address if that will help.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

Don was trying to change his email address on here last night. It appears he has fat fingered the new email account he wanted to use. He is going to change his email account password to be on the safe side and then let me know, to let Jeff know that everything is good. He is going to get a kick out of this thread when he gets back on.

He reported last night that after an hour of not being able to get into the forum, DTs had set in.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Yep, looks more and more like this is what happened.  Don typed in someone else's email address, and the password reset link was then sent to them. This person whose I.P. originating out of Amsterdam then thought someone had registered for the forestry forum with and had been using their address and they were going to put a stop to it. Good thing that I do not allow an account to be deleted without admin approval.

We coulda lost our stick lickin Don K!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Radar67 on February 08, 2010, 07:31:38 PM
It appears he has fat fingered the new email account

:D :D that's a new one on me. Don, Don, Don, what we gonna do about ya. :D Radar in here making fun, and me laugh'n like a fool. :D Don, you gotta stay off them Amsterdam sites. ROLFLMAO :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

I did find Don's phone #, but it looks  :o like everything is OK now.

I mailed him a letter last week.  I hope it didn't go to Amsterdam.....Or maybe if he's there....he got it...... :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Don K

I am back, I am back!!! 8) 8) 8) :D :D ;D  Still kicking and lickin sticks. Let me tell you boys,... it is rough going to Amsterdam and back in less than 24 hrs. I am completely tuckered out. :D :D :D

I guess I messed up last night trying to change my email account due to some changes at work and some poor fella thought he was comprimised. He passed up a good forum though.

I promise not to fat finger anymore. ;D

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

SwampDonkey

Let that be a lesson to ya. Next time you'll have to go through forum initiation all over again.  ;D

Mooseherder

Your Stunt double seemed like a nice guy asking to be kindly removed. :D

Magicman

From your post it looks like you passed by Australia....Jet lag....  ???

Banjo picker

Let me in on what it means to fat finger. ???  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Radar67

Pressing a key next to the one you wanted to press because your fingers are too big.  :D :D and not catching it before you hit the send button.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Warbird

LOL !!!  Very glad to hear this is all it was, Don.  Was getting pretty concerned for you there.

Jeff, does the change email thing require you to enter the new address twice?  If not, it might be a good idea to add that in.  Might stop this from happening again the next time Don changes his email.  ;D ;)

Jeff

I don't know very many applications (any) where you are required to enter email twice, honestly it would be ridiculous to do so. Email fields are not password fields, so the content entry is totally viewable and you can just look at it and say, hey, that's right, or hey, that's wrong.  Password fields are usually redundant because you can not see what you have typed so you check content by field comparison, not by simple visual verification.

Don K

Durn Terry, you make me sound like a fat dummy.  ;D :D :D I just glanced at my entry before I hit the button. I am sure that is what it was. :-\ :-X

Don

SwampDonkey

"Just call me sausage fingers" ;)

pigman

The thing I don't understand is why our friend in Amsterdam didn't want to stay a member of the Forestry Fourm.  :-\ 
I know I have fat fingered a few keys on occasion myself, like hit the "p" key when I ment to hit the "z" key, they are so close together. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.