iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Washington Hotsaws

Started by treedragger, February 07, 2010, 09:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treedragger

Good evening friends,

I had an 046 rebuilt by a man named Dean with Washington Hotsaws.  He did a really fine job and I got about four years out of it until a couple of days ago it siezed up.  I'm trying to get back in touch with him and I can't find him on the internet.  Does anybody know how I can reach him?  Thanks
Use Stihl 028wb and 046.

Al_Smith

Dean was involved with some engine development using exotic materials such as ceramic bearings and numerous other materials .I haven't seen him on line for about a year or so on any of the forums .

I did run a saw he souped up being an 034 with an 036 cylinder that found it's way to the east coast .It was quite a powerfull little saw .We used to correspond a little via PM's but as I said he kind of went off the radar for a period of time .

Cut4fun

Last I read Dean was having health issues and pretty much got out of the website stuff and long distance saw building.

If I stumble across his number I will pm it to you.

Cut4fun

PM'ing you address and phone #.

I will say there is some really good alternative builders out there now days.  I could  list 2-3 I would use, while I could list a dozen or so I wouldn't.  Buyer Beware.  :P

treedragger

Thanks.  I'm sorry to hear that he has health issues.  He did a great job on my saw.  Do you have a personal experience with another saw builder that worked out well for you?
Use Stihl 028wb and 046.

Thank You Sponsors!