iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new LT10!

Started by ForestMan, February 05, 2010, 05:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForestMan

I know I have been talking about this on other threads, but I feel a brand new sawmill purchase deserves it own thread!

I just put a deposit of $3000 down on a WM LT10.  I still owe about $625 before I can pick it up.  I am waiting on a paycheck to come in on the 26th of this month, and then I'll be free to pick it up.

It is my very first sawmill, and it's brand new.  I have never even bought a new car.  This is the first major purchase of something new in a while.

I suppose I should celebrate.  Now, what can I do...

Probably better just to go home and hug my three year old and kiss my wife and tell her "Thanks for supporting me."

Isn't life good?
There is nothing like the natural beauty of wood.

Tom

Congratulations!!

I know you must be proud and anxious too.   Just think.   You could have spent all that money on a Bass Boat and used it once a month or six times a year and it would have never made you any money.  At least a sawmill has the potential of paying for its own gasoline.  :D :D

You're gonna love this.  ;D

fishpharmer

Forestman,
Outstanding!! 8)   Tom said it best. 
I don't think you will ever regret it.  As much as I love my homemade mill, it sure would have been nice to consistently mill lumber for the last five years.  We gotta have pics of the first log. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ForestMan

Thank you.  Yes, I'll be sure to snap some pictures and upload them.

Jasperfield

Good Job!

Nothing like the smell of a new sawmill.

southpaw

Congrats on the new mill  8) 8) you'll have the best time, enjoy be safe and take your wife out to dinner  ;) ;D.

Magicman

Yes, any major event in one's life deserves it's own thread.  I see this as a very exiting venture, and you putting in the footwork to make it a success.

You have a big support team here to answer questions and give advice as needed.  Sometimes you may not like the answer or response, but they are given based on knowledge and experience, and certainly intended to help you.

Good luck with the new mill, and don't forget the camera..... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sigidi

Good for you ForestMan!!!! yay 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

WDH

What Tom said  8).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

djoslin

Just up the road from you, nice sawmill, good luck with the new venture.

thecfarm

Good news.What will you be using all the lumber for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ForestMan

I'll be using the lumber to build animal pens, sheds, a house, and to start a molding and hardwood floor business.

Don K

That's great! 8) 8)  I remember the excitement of ordering my first mill. Heck I remember the excitement when I ordered my second mill. You will have loads of fun. Be safe and there will be days when things might not go the way you want. But when there is sawdust in your blood each day you wake up and walk out to that mill will make the tough days few and far between.

Enjoy the new mill and I can't wait to see some pics.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Qweaver

Congrats on the new mill.  You're going to love making the sawdust fly.
So Many Toys...So Little Time  WM LT28 , 15 trailers, Case 450 Dozer, John Deere 110 TLB, Peterson WPF 10",  AIM Grapple, Kubota 2501 :D

zopi

Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Very happy for you Forrestman. I have an Lt-10 on order as well. We will have to keep in touch. That sale they had was just to good to resist.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Slingshot

Them LT-10's can go anywhere!!!!! fly_smiley :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgsId2N5QDo&feature=related

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don K

Now I can say that I have seen Woodmizers delivered by land, sea, and air.  ;D :)

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

customdave

Right on man!!!, but the 26th , it will be worth the wait, hang in there buddy!

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Chuck White

Quote from: Don K on February 07, 2010, 06:50:57 PM
Now I can say that I have seen Woodmizers delivered by land, sea, and air.  ;D :)

Don

Better yet Don, now you can say you saw a Wood-Mizer that flew.  ;D
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

Quote from: Tom on February 05, 2010, 05:50:47 PM
Congratulations!!

I know you must be proud and anxious too.   Just think.   You could have spent all that money on a Bass Boat and used it once a month or six times a year and it would have never made you any money.  At least a sawmill has the potential of paying for its own gasoline.  :D :D

To catch some $300 a pound fish, my BIL must be around $1000 a pound buying 3 new boats over the years and not catching many fish. You cant get much of a car for $3600 either and it sure wouldn't be worth any where near what your sawmill will be worth in 10 years. Also if you sell a few boards you can save money on taxes.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

ForestMan

It's pretty cool to think that I am buying a real asset.  Instead of a purchase, it is an investment.

I was thinking about this the other day.  If I were to use this for 10 years, then sell it at say, even $2000 even, I would have the use of a great sawmill for 10 years for only $1600 (the difference of what I paid - what I sold the mill for).  That's not bad.  Plus all the money I created in the meantime.

If you think about it, it is a pretty nice proposition.  You buy logs and mill them into lumber that is always worth more than the logs alone, and then refine them further to a finished product that is always worth more than the lumber itself.

There was a comment in a thread here on FF that said it best.  It is like printing money.

Thank You Sponsors!