iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Enhanced Tom and CHARLIE lunch

Started by Jeff, May 26, 2010, 01:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I just had something that was remarkably tasty and yet oh so simple for lunch. Tasty enough I felt the need to post my recipe. :)    My cloths are all getting tight, so I have decided to start eating better again. I wanted to have lunch, to make sure I'm not overly hungry by the end of the day, so I figured, I'll just eat a can of vegetables.  We have lots of corn. I don't see corn as all that good for you. We have some green beans, but I had green beans for supper.  We have some vegall, but I save that for soup.  We also had a lonely can of store brand peas.  Peas it is!

ALl I did was dump em in the pan, add some pepper, and then I spotted this in the spice drawer. Its a little self contained spice grinder.  I ground up a generous amount into the pan of peas and heated it up.  I've never had peas that tasted so good. I ate the peas, and drank the liquid. it was like a pea soup.  I'm looking for to having it again very soon. :)

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Gary_C

Like Tom, I am a veggie eater too. When I am working and eating alone, one prime thing on the menu is either a can of peas or cut green beans with just a touch of butter. And though the spices are sure OK, though I don't care for them, that water in the can is best dumped out and the peas rinsed with fresh water. Reason is the water is loaded with salt. In fact they say the canned peas are just as good as frozen ones if you rinse them good.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Jeff

I usually do that, but I was hungry. ;D

Gary_C

Ya, hungry will always trump reason.  :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

CHARLIE

Well that's sorta cheatin' Jeff.....I mean.....it really ain't cheatin' but its about as close to cheatin' as a guy can get without actually committing the act.

For a true "Tom's Lunch", it has to be about 105° at noon and no shade cause all the trees are cut down. You also have to be soppin' wet from head to toe from sweat after offloading 16 foot 2" X 12" boards off the mill 'cause Tom doesn't know how to cut 1 by anything. Then you open up a can of Brand X (that's the cheap stuff) peas. Then you have to carve yourself a spoon out of some scrap wood and use it to eat the peas out of the can without any seasoning whatsoever.  You can drink the juice if'n ya wanna. I do still have my circa 1995 pea spoon too. Just in case. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Samuel

You must have been hungry to eat just peas for lunch.   :D
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

SwampDonkey

I woulda had to have cooked up some meat and a tater to go with it. Sorry, but you weren't very hungry.  :D My belly button would be rubbing backbone an hour afterwords on canned peas.  ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodsteach

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 27, 2010, 03:02:46 AM
:D My belly button would be rubbing backbone an hour afterwords on canned peas.  ;D :D

Mine too.... and it has a way to go to get there!!! :D :D

woods
Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

Jeff

Well, it you saw me, you'd now that I know my way around the dinner plate, and I was thoroughly content with the peas for lunch, and yea, if someone else would have posted this, I would be thinking the same thing as you guys. That's why I was totally surprised enough at the results to post it.  :)

LeeB

I quite often like to make a meal out of just veggies. It may be peas or maybe lima beans or even just squash or maybe even broccoli. To look at me you can tell I ain't missed many meals either. I was gonna have poke salad for lunch today but had to go get hay instead.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jeff

LeeB

Didn't eat no hay, at least not on purpose, even if it was alfalfa.  :D  I just never got to eat lunch
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

CHARLIE

Tom thinks a can of peas make a perfectly acceptable lunch too Jeff......... ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!