iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

latest project: Shot Glass Cabinet

Started by Dan_Shade, January 30, 2010, 07:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

simple little project in white oak

I finished it prior to assembly, which was a bit of a hassle, but it worked.  I used Boiled Linseed Oil, Mineral Spirits, and Spar Varnish as the finish.  I put 4 coats on it, the last coat gummed up a little bit, which was very frustrating, I don't know if I didn't rub it out enough, or the wood was too sealed for any more linseed oil...

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

jamesamd

Well done Dan!
My Better half,collects creamer servers. :D
All that is gold does not glitter,not all those that wander are lost.....

Phorester

Very nice, Dan.

Appropriate choice of wood too, since most whiskey is cured in white oak barrels.

Dan_Shade

I didn't even think of that!

I try to get a shot glass or two when I go on a trip, sometimes, I'll get several before I find the one I really want.

I have one at work that I need to bring home, and that will fill up this case.  I didn't think I would fill it up!

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

WDH

Looks great!  When you fill it up, then you will have to make another one  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Don_Papenburg

I hope you washed out the inside of them shot glasses several times before you put them in the cabinet.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Texas Ranger

I have filled up a shot glass a time or two my own self, oh, you meant the cabinet.  Sorry.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Norm

Quote from: Don_Papenburg on January 30, 2010, 11:53:03 PM
I hope you washed out the inside of them shot glasses several times before you put them in the cabinet.

That wouldn't be a problem for me Don, I lick them out several times after every use. :D

Don_Papenburg

There ya go !!!!   I guess that is why it is called licker ;D
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

LeeB

Quote from: Norm on January 31, 2010, 11:05:40 AM
Quote from: Don_Papenburg on January 30, 2010, 11:53:03 PM

That wouldn't be a problem for me Don, I lick them out several times after every use. :D

:o I bet that impresses the ladies.  :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!