iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ya just got to love the weather man.

Started by DR_Buck, January 30, 2010, 03:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mooseherder

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

I'd also post 2006 to compare, but I think Caribou had a lot of snow then, while we never got much other than rain and freezing rain that winter. I know up in Blue Bell Mountain there was 3 feet on the ground in April. And on your way from Caribou to Limestone you can see the mountain in New Denmark, NB. I drove the truck anywhere I wanted to go here all winter, never had to plow anything.

I tried to dig those records out, but they are cut off between 2006-2008 for some reason.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ibseeker

Thanks for the link, Swamp...I like Accuweather too. Looks like another one is sweeping east across the Canadian/US border and will arrive in the Northeast sometime Monday or Tuesday. Only a foot of snow predicted. This one might bring snow to you guys up north.

My family is from Illinois, we lived around Lake Michigan until I was 8 years old when my Dad was assigned Sea Duty in San Diego. All I can remember about the snow was fun stuff. Walking down the front path with the snow taller than me, probably 4 foot or more and drifts all the way to the eaves of the house. I remember a lot of sledding, snow icee's with sugar and milk and my Mom and Dad complaining about the snow. I'm pretty sure that my Dad requested San Diego at my Mom's urging. I complained that first winter in California that I missed the snow and wanted to move back to Great Lakes, Mom said "You go right ahead, Honey...I'm never leaving Imperial Beach." She loved the ocean, took us clamming and would even body surf with us back then. Maybe for her it was the ocean and nice climate more than the snow. My Dad, a Navy Chief worked at night driving a tow truck....I'm pretty sure it was the snow for him.

What do you guys do when you're all snowed in? Can you run your sawmills when it's this cold or does it affect the wood?
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

SwampDonkey

Doesn't look like that storm will reach us. The punch will be long gone out of it and looks like scattered snow and rain showers and nearly 40 degrees for daytime highs. It's 26 right now, when that sun comes up it will soon bump up to 36 degrees.When what is left of the snow melts it won't make a teaspoon of water. ;)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DR_Buck

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 12, 2010, 05:39:58 AM
Doesn't look like that storm will reach us. The punch will be long gone out of it and looks like scattered snow and rain showers and nearly 40 degrees for daytime highs. It's 26 right now, when that sun comes up it will soon bump up to 36 degrees.When what is left of the snow melts it won't make a teaspoon of water. ;)

So, Global Warming is just an isolated event?   Sounds like you're right in the middle of it.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

SwampDonkey

Thank You Sponsors!