iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well, DanG!!!

Started by Texas Ranger, January 30, 2010, 01:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

Just received a phone call from the youngest daughter, boyfriend went on bended knee last night, she accepted, and plan for an August wedding.

There goes my scheduled trip to the piggy roast.  DanG
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

pineywoods

Quote from: Texas Ranger on January 30, 2010, 01:43:46 PM
Just received a phone call from the youngest daughter, boyfriend went on bended knee last night, she accepted, and plan for an August wedding.

For a sufficient bribe, recon they might elope ?
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Raider Bill

Congrats!

I thought someone found the missing  smiley_deadheader alligator  DanG!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

Yer supposed to be the patriarch. Tell em that August aint goona fly unless its the last week.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Warbird

Congratulations!!  (I think)  ;)

crtreedude

You know, that is the problem with kids now a days, Dang inconsiderate.  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Ron Wenrich

You could always have the wedding at the pig roast.

I remember when I got married.  We had to move the wedding date so it didn't conflict with the opening day of trout season.  Her dad was an avid fisherman. 
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

scgargoyle

.......or move the piggy roast to Texas. Wouldn't they be surprised! :D
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

WDH

Looks like DanG got ate by alligators  :)

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Quote from: scgargoyle on January 30, 2010, 04:53:50 PM

I can't believe you even suggested such a thing.

pineywoods

Quote from: scgargoyle on January 30, 2010, 04:53:50 PM

South texas in august ?  :-\
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Chris Burchfield

Youngest son was married July 16, 20 in Memphis .  I thought that was too hot.  Wife had that son is August, which is DanG hot in Memphis. You may suggest that August is too hot to have a wedding. Or, stick out $500 and say "take this and elope."  Good luck!
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Raider Bill

Quote from: WDH on January 30, 2010, 06:28:42 PM
Looks like DanG got ate by alligators  :)

:D :D :D :D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

isawlogs

He is probably stuck to a can a beer sitting at the Dodge wheel .. dem souderners don't know much about wet tongues getting too close to frosted cans .  :o 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

No, his computer is DOA again.

WDH

Hopefully he is not undergoing Forum withdrawal  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Tom

He's up to his bohunkus in alligators and hasn't had time to miss it too much.  I think it gets to him along about midnight for awhile, but everything he owns decided to break down.

He took his boat to the mechanic because it wouldn't pump water.  That was a project about 2 months ago. Then he couldn't get it back because he didn't have a 1 7/8 ball on the truck.  He decided to swap balls and the 2" wouldn't come off of the truck.  So, He bought a 2" coupler.  Drove all the way to boat place, up in Georgia, and found that the coupler on the trailer had been welded on. 

Not having much else to do and wanting to get something done, he jacked up Linda's car to change the oil and the plug wouldn't come out.  He ended up rounding the corners and then couldn't find his vice grips.  He quit and called me.   We talked until the problems weren't so bad anymore.

Finally, a day or two later, he got a 1 7/8 ball on the truck and went and got the boat.

When He got it home, Linda was all upset that the dogs had killed her cat, Charlie.  The only cat that Dang cared for at all.  He went and got the cat out of the road and buried it with the backhoe.   We were talking on the phone shortly after that and Linda called him and said that it wasn't Charlie.   Charlie had just walked into the house.

It's been going like that ever since his computer got the "Blue Screen" about a week or better ago.

I figger that Dang probably needs to be given wide berth for a little while.  :D :D

pigman

We could all call him and ask how things are going at his place. ;) Y'all go first. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

moonhill

He about bit my head off a while back, no wonder. 

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

metalspinner

So how deep does the State of Florida say you need to bury a cat that he used the backhoe for the job? ::)

I have some days like you descibed, Tom.  Sometimes even the simplest of tasks become major projects. >:(  It's best to just walk away and try again tomoorrow.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

fishpharmer

Ya'll wouldn't kick a fella when he's down?

I think he's a DanG fine fella.  Now that I am getting the hang of the picture loading, thought I would share my first meeting with DanG.  We were on the way home from Spring Break 2009 and DanG graciously invited us to stop by.  Glad I did,  we have become good friends.
I am itching to get back down there and visit longer.

DanG's guard dog, Ike.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Left Coast Chris

Well,  we will just have to wait to see what REALLY happened to Dan's computer.

Maybe checking out comentary on the State of the Union address when it became too much?  (baseball bat to the monitor)

--or--   mabe Charlie really was Charlie and he sprayed the intake vents on the pickup for the last time (happened to me) then when burying the cat the backhoe hit the in coming power line and the surge knocked out the computer?

Hopefully when the dust settles we can get a full report. :o ::)

Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Tom

QuoteSo how deep does the State of Florida say you need to bury a cat that he used the backhoe for the job? ::)
You got to get them as deep as you can reach, or throw'em in the woods.
:D  He had just dug a stump and there sat the hoe.  The shovel was in the barn.   Most of us fellows down here would consider the backhoe to be the correct tool before we walked all the way to the barn to get the shovel. :D

WH_Conley

That sounds about like the proper procedure, Tom.
Bill

fishpharmer

It's only fittin that a cat bury a cat ;)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Thank You Sponsors!