iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New to Forum - Busy Beaver Lumber Says Hello to all

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, January 30, 2010, 12:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busy Beaver Lumber

Hello All;

Ty told me about this forum and encouraged me to join. He is one heck of a fine young man and I wish he was a few years older because I have 5 daughter that can't seam to find a man with half as much ambition or drive as he has at age of 17.

Equipment wise, I just sold an LT25 and just ordered a brand new Lt-10 this morning. I am forced to downsize due to back and shoulder injuries from a recent auto accident and do not plan to cut much wood for others, just primarily for my own needs. I still want the ability to cut slabs and boards for my log furniture business and turning slabs and blanks to supply my avid wood turning customers. I think the LT-10 should do just fine for what I need and take about half as much space in the shop.

Have a 1700 square foot building to work out of and just about any woodworking tool you can think of. Really like building rustic log furniture. Hope to share and learn with the other members of the forum.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Lots of good people and info here!

That Ty seems like a real go getter!

Here's some info on WM portable sawmills.  Click on the mill, then click on video!

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/sawmills/manual/index.aspx

Good luck to you and your new sawmill.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

fishpharmer

Busy Beaver, welcome to Forestry Forum.

Any friend of Ty's is a friend of ours. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

KyTreeFarmer

Welcome to the forum Busy Beaver. Looks like with your interests you will love it here and will fit in fine!

KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

Magicman

Busy Beaver....Welcome to The Forestry Forum.

smiley_idea smiley_idea  I have Grandsons........  smiley_thumbsup   :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ARKANSAWYER

Howdy

My youngest girl has the same problem.
ARKANSAWYER

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Chuck White on January 30, 2010, 12:31:31 PM
Welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Lots of good people and info here!

That Ty seems like a real go getter!

Here's some info on WM portable sawmills.  Click on the mill, then click on video!

http://www.woodmizer.com/us/sawmills/manual/index.aspx

Good luck to you and your new sawmill.

Thanks for the warm welcome Chuck and glad to be here. Although I have never met him face to face, Ty certainly impresses me a lot based on email discussions we have had. Very ambitious young man and I can not wait to meet him. Sent him a dinner invite today, my treat, and hope he takes me up on it.

Ordered a new LT-10 with 10hp motor today. Can not wait to get it in a few weeks
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: fishpharmer on January 30, 2010, 12:36:29 PM
Busy Beaver, welcome to Forestry Forum.

Any friend of Ty's is a friend of ours. 8)
Nice to meet you fishpharmer. Ty is one ambition 17 year old. I can not wait to meet him in person, which should happen soon since I keep my trailer at the lake only about 3 miles from where he lives.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: KyTreeFarmer on January 30, 2010, 01:20:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Busy Beaver. Looks like with your interests you will love it here and will fit in fine!

KTF
Hello KTF, a pleasure to meet you and the others. Look foward to spending lots of time getting to know you all and anxious to learn what you have to teach
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on January 30, 2010, 03:15:48 PM

Howdy

My youngest girl has the same problem.

Arknasawyer

If there is a looser in Fort Wayne, one of my five daughters will discover him and bring him home to meet me and my wife and then try to convince us how great they are and how we just do not understand. The last four offerings did not even have a job, nor was there any hope that any of them would be getting one anytime soon based on their levels of ambition. I hired one for the afternoon to load firewood logs into my truck with me. For every one he loaded, I loaded 5. So much for hoping the 20 year old could run circles around a 48 year old with 3 spine surgeries and two shoulder surgeries.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: Magicman on January 30, 2010, 01:21:02 PM
Busy Beaver....Welcome to The Forestry Forum.

smiley_idea smiley_idea  I have Grandsons........  smiley_thumbsup   :D :D :D
Thank you for the welcom Magicman

Do the grandsons work? Apparently that has become a rarity to find these days in young men....but they can text message faster than a speeding bullet all day long.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Magicman

Quote from: Busy Beaver Lumber on January 30, 2010, 04:49:15 PM
Do the grandsons work? Apparently that has become a rarity to find these days in young men

The oldest doesn't, the next does, the next doesn't, and the three youngest do.

I'm proud of them  :) but  really wonder about some.  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

Welcome aboard the forum busy beaver. You can't do the match making for your kin, just steer'm a little though. :D Well, don't ask me anything about it.  ;) Anyway, good luck with the mill making new saw dust.  :)

Gotta watch what I type in here, that Paul_H likes quoting out of context. ::)  sling_shot pull_smiley
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

bandmiller2

Welcome BBL,mayby you should have up sized to a hydraulic mill, let the oil do the heavy lifting and turning.Anyhow its good to have you aboard hopefully your brighter than I and can show us some pictures of your operation and furnature.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

pasbuild

I have had the pleasure to meet Ty, you won't be disappointed
Welcome
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

southpaw

thecfarm

Busy Beaver Lumber,welcome the forum.I take it you buy logs and saw them at your place,not at others?Sounds like you have a good business going there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ARKANSAWYER

It is not just the young pups wanting to date my girls they also come to the mill wanting a job.  They do not have a lick of sense and have never done a days work in their life.  Their Mom and Dad have given them everything and babied them their whole life.  They think they are owed something for just standing around all day. 
  I made my kids work when they were young.  They said "Yes Sir and Ma'am" to their elders and were taught to be polite.  Both boys are married and their in-laws are so proud of their daughters for doing so well at picking a husband.
  When these punks come in and have things stuck through their eye lids and lips and tattoos like they are tuff, I pray for the draft and to be a Drill Sergeant again.
  Sorry Beaver I will get off the soap box now.
ARKANSAWYER

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 30, 2010, 06:40:13 PM
Welcome aboard the forum busy beaver. You can't do the match making for your kin, just steer'm a little though. :D Well, don't ask me anything about it.  ;) Anyway, good luck with the mill making new saw dust.  :)

Gotta watch what I type in here, that Paul_H likes quoting out of context. ::)  sling_shot pull_smiley
I hear you about stearing the young ones in the right direction, then crossing your fingers. Thank you for the welcome to the Forum
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: bandmiller2 on January 30, 2010, 06:57:11 PM
Welcome BBL,mayby you should have up sized to a hydraulic mill, let the oil do the heavy lifting and turning.Anyhow its good to have you aboard hopefully your brighter than I and can show us some pictures of your operation and furnature.Frank C.
Hello Frank

I do have a video on you tube showing my operation. You can see it by typing "busy beaver lumber" into the search box. Bear in mind it shows my Lt-25 mill, which I just sold yesterday and will be replacing with a brand new LT-10, which is more in line with the amount and type of cutting I will be doing from this point on to support my log furniture builds out of cedar.

Don't have any pics to post of furniture but will start totake some from this point on and post them. Most of what I have done have been one up originals sold under contract and were sold before I ever even made them. I love doing it and am now gearing up to work almost exclusively in cedar, although I do have quite a nice stash of walnut, cherry and oak built up in my wood racks.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: pasbuild on January 30, 2010, 08:07:43 PM
I have had the pleasure to meet Ty, you won't be disappointed
Welcome
There is no doubt in my mind that I will be impressed with Ty. Just emailing with him I can tell he is one fine young man
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: thecfarm on January 31, 2010, 08:19:58 AM
Busy Beaver Lumber,welcome the forum.I take it you buy logs and saw them at your place,not at others?Sounds like you have a good business going there.
Actually, I have been getting virtually all the logs for free through local tree services, just for the effort of going to get them. Many are more than happy to have you come and get them to save them the trouble of having to haul them away, especially if you retaliate and hand out their fliers and help them get additional jobs. I have a dually truck, which is now up for sale, that is specifically set up to load and haul logs. Has a 1000lb crane and 4000lb winch with heavy duty loading ramps. Have loaded 30 inch logs onto the bed with ease.

My problem, and reson for my downsizing to smaller logs and smaller wood working projects is that as a result of a rather recent auto accident, I only have about 30% use of my left arm and left hand. Efforts to find reliable help have been rather dissapointing and somewhat frustrating, although I do have one fellow that works with me that is excellent and a pleasure to work with. We have actually become the best of friends and often get together socailly as well. He too prefers to build the log furniture, so we decided to change focus from just cutting logs for others or for lumber sales to cutting what we personally need to keep our furniture operation going and enjoy the creativity assocaited with building rustic furniture
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on January 31, 2010, 03:27:09 PM

It is not just the young pups wanting to date my girls they also come to the mill wanting a job.  They do not have a lick of sense and have never done a days work in their life.  Their Mom and Dad have given them everything and babied them their whole life.  They think they are owed something for just standing around all day. 
  I made my kids work when they were young.  They said "Yes Sir and Ma'am" to their elders and were taught to be polite.  Both boys are married and their in-laws are so proud of their daughters for doing so well at picking a husband.
  When these punks come in and have things stuck through their eye lids and lips and tattoos like they are tuff, I pray for the draft and to be a Drill Sergeant again.
  Sorry Beaver I will get off the soap box now.
Arkansawyer
I had to get my wife and let her read your response above. I was adopted as a young lad and she asked me if is was possible if I had a biological brother living in Arkansas because what you wrote in your email has been said many a time in our house by me. I had 5 girls and made each of them pull their own weight and earn things they wanted. When I was a kid, I did not dare to call and adult anything other than Mr or Mrs because if I did, my dad would quickly correct me with what the kids now call "A slap up side your head".

So far as you comment about the earing and tatoos, here is one for the books. One of our kids bought a new boyfriend home to meet the family last Christmas. When he arrived, he had a filthy short sleeve shirt and badly torn pants on and tatoos up and down his arms, and earing bigger than any one Tina Turner ever wore, and a bandana on his greasy hair. All he needed was a parrot and an eye patch to look like a full blown pirate. I was livid that he would show so little respect for a formal dinner that he dare come to the house looking like that. I told the daughter that she had best take him home and make look more presentable, or he could hop on the next pirate ship and go find so food and grog elsewhere so far as I was concerned.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

sigidi

Arky, I am right with ya - stay on the soapbox

BBL, I'd have felt the exact same way, but my Wifey wouldn't want a scene, so I'd be censored:( nothing wrong with letting people know you have higher expectations.

oh I recently saw a clip for Idol with the retired US General.... 8)"they lookin like a fool with tha pants on the ground..." 8)
Always willing to help - Allan

ARKANSAWYER

Got two nephews by my oldest sister who shore lack sense.   Both have respect (or fear) for me and are in their early 20's now.  Last Dec. their Great GrandMa (my GrandMa) passed away at the age of 96 and she helped raise them when little.  When they showed up at the Wake I asked them to remove the studs and get a haircut before the funeral out of respect for this Saint of a Woman who loved and cared for them.  Both young men came in and did me proud.  Their Mom was so pleased with them and the rest of the family surprised by how they cleaned up.  I guess there is some hope still out there.  But I see a larger number all the time pushing 30 still living off Mom and Dad and needing a ride to work, when they work.
  I know that each generation said this about the one that followed them but the lot comming up now is a sad bunch.  No ambition, or desire to succeed and want every thing handed to them for just being here.  All they want to do is talk to some one about nothing and see who can get the most text's sent in a day.  When did we come to have such a desire to commuicate with each other?  People tell me all the time I need a cell phone so I can get more work done.  All I see is people getting less work done because of them.
ARKANSAWYER

SwampDonkey

Arky, I see a lot of men older than you and me that fit the same description, maybe not text messaging. Of course to, there aren't many 42 year old men like myself pushing and coasting snow sleds. No kids neither. If so come show me. It ain't no harder than bicycling, but no one does it any more. Even as a kid I had a computer, but I was outside all the time to. In fact my father always had to come looking to find me, or ask mother about my where-a-bouts, the time when he needed someone to carry sacks of potatoes and handle/pile them 4 times (never had no pallets and lifts then) before they went down the road in a tractor trailer finally. 1000   50 lb bags is a lot of handling 4 times by the way. :D He always told me I worked harder than any hired man. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sigidi

Yep fella's and it's not just over there either :(

Seems to be a worldwide 'flu' maybe governments should look into a vaccine for it rather than swine flu - seems this flu will do us much more harm in the long run.
Always willing to help - Allan

Meadows Miller

Gday

And Welcome to the Forum  Tys is a Top Young Bloke Mate  ;) ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) Dads been doing the same sort of thing your doing  ;) ;D  but in cypress for the last 8 years and i do all the the custom sawing  for him and have done since before then in the logbuilding buisness we had so he hasnt gotten to do much sawing in the last 15 years  ;) :D :D :D ;D Im looking forward to your imput and seeing some pics of your work Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Sorry to hear you had a prang I hope your healing up quickly Mate  ;) i had a big one when i was 18 and nearly bit the dust i was supose to have 18 months + off but was back at work within 8  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Ohh and by the way Im a single man have been for 4 years  :o :) ;) :D :D :D and quite happy to stay that way untill the rite one comes along as i dont see the point in bouncing from one relationship (if we can call it that  ???) to the next with someone you dont click with  :o :) ::)  I dont know what it is these days but ive been seeing it since my teens aswell young people dont seem to have asmuch go in em and some cant even make the connection between working had and having the things they want in life thats rite they want things but expect it to be handed to them  ;) :D :D

I was tought respect and treat everyone as you would like to be treated that you dont put your hand out for anything unless you have earnd it i started paying board and rent as soon as i started working full time at 14yo and still go 50/50 in the rent whenever im back at home   ;) there have been a fair few times in my life where ive worked my butt off and gone nowhere for the privlage  :o ::) but thats life you live and learn  ;) :D :D ;D ;D

I have a list as long as my arm of young blokes who repeatedly ask me for work on a regular basis  ??? :-\  ;) but when i do have jobs that i need an extra worker or two i have a couple of good blokes i know i can count on  ;D  8) ones 24yo and the others 60yo it takes alittle organising sometimes as we are all self employed but usually Jeff and Garry will work around my schedual  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Arky your not looking Sawyer with cert 3 in timber prod /faller/stacker/machine opp/timber grader/ Qualified Carpenter with timber frame and log building exp Mate  ??? as ill be moveing to the US at the start of next year for sure Mate   ;) :D ;D 8)

Texting and Mobiles  ::) I do have have one but use it only when i have to and for safety reasons working on my own im lucky to put $40 to $100 credit on it a year as everyone knows to get me on the landline  ;) ;D  asfar as text messages go some of the stuff my mates send me might as well look like this  ;) hiu huy ab b49 frh fbh rj ro ifh fg nvb just dosent make any bloody  sence the first few times you try and read it  ;) alot like some of my posts sometimes  ;) :D :D :D :D

Magic the only problem i see with a hyd mill for Beaver is you tend to get keen and more timber comes outa the back of them Mate  ;) ;D :o :D :D :D :D

Allan what name are they going to give it ??? Slackarse Syndrome or Reality Bites    ;)  :D I see one drama though how will you motivate them to get to the doctor Mate ;) :D :D :D

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

jwoods

Hello Busy Beaver,

We had a thread on another forum one time, we still haven't met for lunch yet.

Joe.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: ARKANSAWYER on February 01, 2010, 09:42:12 AM
  Got two nephews by my oldest sister who shore lack sense.   Both have respect (or fear) for me and are in their early 20's now.  Last Dec. their Great GrandMa (my GrandMa) passed away at the age of 96 and she helped raise them when little.  When they showed up at the Wake I asked them to remove the studs and get a haircut before the funeral out of respect for this Saint of a Woman who loved and cared for them.  Both young men came in and did me proud.  Their Mom was so pleased with them and the rest of the family surprised by how they cleaned up.  I guess there is some hope still out there.  But I see a larger number all the time pushing 30 still living off Mom and Dad and needing a ride to work, when they work.
  I know that each generation said this about the one that followed them but the lot comming up now is a sad bunch.  No ambition, or desire to succeed and want every thing handed to them for just being here.  All they want to do is talk to some one about nothing and see who can get the most text's sent in a day.  When did we come to have such a desire to commuicate with each other?  People tell me all the time I need a cell phone so I can get more work done.  All I see is people getting less work done because of them.
Ark

I take great pride in the fact that I am almost 48 and have never sent a darn text message over the phone. It cracks me up after seeing the wife of one of our 5 kids push buttons for hours chatting with someone and then when you ask them what the other party had to say, the respond "Nothing". At least when I email or talk on the phone, some information is conveyed and there is a reason for the communication. I 100% agree with you about the lack of ambition in todays youth. I know lots of young men and women that have no ambition or desire to get out and find a job, but who are more than happy to collect welfare and text message all day. I keep telling the wife that if you do not have a job, then you should not be able to have a cell phone and cable tv because I don't think welfare and unemployment insurance was ever set up to ensure that unemployed people had either of those two items.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: jwoods on February 02, 2010, 07:22:20 AM
Hello Busy Beaver,

We had a thread on another forum one time, we still haven't met for lunch yet.

Joe.
Hello Joe

Nice to catch up with you again. Looks like you have been busy based on you photo album. The little lumberjack is a cute little fellow. We should set up a time and place to get together. Don't quite recall how far into Ohio you were. I am at exit 116 off of 69 in Fort Wayne

Fred
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

bikedude73

Busy Beaver this ff is a great place to be.  I started this research about 8 months ago and I just placed the order for my new lt15 and did so with lots of great advise from the wounderful people on here.  Welcome and glad to have another Hoosier on here.  Good luck and again welcome to the ff.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quote from: bikedude73 on February 02, 2010, 06:24:06 PM
Busy Beaver this ff is a great place to be.  I started this research about 8 months ago and I just placed the order for my new lt15 and did so with lots of great advise from the wounderful people on here.  Welcome and glad to have another Hoosier on here.  Good luck and again welcome to the ff.
bikedude

Just got the quote in the mail today for my new LT-10 to replace the LT-25 I sold this weekend. The good folks at woodmizer even gave me an additional 2% discount for being an existing customer, which I did not expect. Now if When I go pick it up, I could get to meet Dave Mann and possibly get a photo with him, that would be the icing on the cake and something I would proudly display in my building
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Busy Beaver Lumber

Hey Bikerdude

Did you get that brand net LT-15 yet. I bet you are going to love it. Have a friend here in Fort Wayne that saws a ton of lumber with his and has had it for about 5 years now. Love to see some pics when you get it set up.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

log home dreaming

Hello.  I am looking for information/input on milling logs from a 100+ year old log home that was torn down.  It was my in-laws and I was able to save the logs.  I believe they are poplar and some oak.  They range from 4 feet to 23 feet long and are flat faced with dove tail.  They are around 8 inches thick and 23 inches wide and very smooth.  I would like to mill them about 1/2 thick and use them as interior siding.  The key is I would like to be able to keep the 23in width...that is the amazing beauty of them.  I have not calculated the total board feet.  I would like to have someone come on site and do the cutting.  I live in Fort Wayne, IN but the logs are in Hamilton, IN (about 30 minutes north of Fort Wayne).  Any help/advice is greatly appreciated. 

Cedarman

Welcome BBL,
You have found a great place to hang out.  We can give you lots of advice on your daughters.  :D :D If we truly had the answers, we wouldn't have to work much for a fine living. :D :D
WM at Indy is a fine place to visit.
I grew up in Tipton, so know a few things about Ft Wayne.
Cedarman
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Busy Beaver Lumber

Log Home Dreaming

I pick up my new LT-10 on the 27th of March. Would be glad to saw some beams for you when I get it. Although I live in Fort Wayne, my building and mill are actually on Route 9 in Wollcottville, just south of route 20 and not to far at all from hamilton. If you go to my website you can get my phone number and give me a call to set things up.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

log home dreaming

Busy Beaver,
Thanks.  I will get in contact with you.  I noticed that you indicated that you were down sizing because of a car accident, so I wasn't sure if this was the type of work you were looking for.  I still need to clean up the logs (dirt,dust from deconstruction) and would be looking to get them cut in June or July.
Thanks again!

Thank You Sponsors!