iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Get to go play today

Started by ladylake, January 29, 2010, 05:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake

My brother bought a new B2000 Timberking which is arriving today. I'm going over to help him break it in, it should be a good test -10 overnite with a high of around 15.  They're quite a few improvements over the B20  32" between the guides 36" + log with ease, hydrauluic clamp + hyd up and down, No 100 turner chain, Hydraulic up and down with setworks, power guide in and out( really wish I had that on mine) electric clutch, comes with a 30HP Kohler ( I'll take my little Isuzu) I think the loader arms fold up under power .  No more cheapo cord reel( if you own a B20 put a industrial one on if you want the setworks to work all the time) it has a energy chain. Swing away controls.  All for $22500 a lot of mill for the money.    Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

bandmiller2

Steve its nice to enjoy that new mill smell and not have to pay the freight.A little chilly to break in a new mill but I'am sure theirs no stoping him.Frank c.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

To work with your Brother and a new mill......Just don't get much better than that...... 8)

Enjoy a truly quality day...... :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Steve, congratulations to your brother and you.  Now your obligated to post pictures and an assessment of the new mill. ;D    Don't forget to tell him to join Forestry Forum 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

LeeB

I envy you the time with your brother. I'd give anything to be able to spend time with mine again. Cherish what you get.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Quote from: LeeB on January 29, 2010, 09:49:53 AM
I envy you the time with your brother. I'd give anything to be able to spend time with mine again. Cherish what you get.

That's really what I wanted to say.  I lost mine at the early age of 44.  He was my friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ScottAR

Nothing like working with family.
That B2000 has a lot to offer.
it is available in Diesel according to the Timberking site.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

thecfarm

ladylake,are you still playing?  ;D  Must be some stories,I'm all ears.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ladylake

Done playing
  The good.  It came with a 34hp Kohler injstead of the 30 HP that he thought, this motor has way more power than my old 27hp ever had and the hydralics don't suck a lot of power out as all it's running is the head travel when cutting. The chain turner will never break, built good. The log clamp hyd up and down and in and out are fast and built good.  There is 37" between the the post with a lot of room above the blade which goes up to 30" so if we put a 36" log on the slab will be 6" and need to put back on later.  There's 32" between the guide rollers(3" not greaseable yet) and the power in and out works good driven by a electric motor. The controls swing to the side either way, I don't think I'd use that unless using a board drag back which TK is coming out with soon. The log stops are super strong, hyd up and down. The loading arms fold up easy and are built good.
The bad.  When using the setworks the head goes up and down super fast but it's jerky on the way  down causing the setworks to be eratic. It has a lever for up and down also which if you take it slow it's a lot smoother.  It looks like to me they have the plastic blocks that go around the post are to tight on the sides of the post causing it to bind some on the way down . I'm thinking they will need to be sanded or ground off some. Other things might be air in the hyd cylinder or maybe it needs a flow control valve too slow the down travel down some. I'm betting on those plastic blocks being to tight.  I'm not sure on the setworks yet, I'm use to sawing from the top down and can change thickness easy whenever I want. This setworks seems to want to start 1" from the bottom and then start sawing from the top not allowing you to take the size slab you want and I don't know if it will let you change board thickness in the middle of the log very easy. Maybe after figuring it out it will be OK.  TK has the toe boards about 11' apart, no help when sawing a 8' log but they will be fairly easy to move too 6' apart. There is no chip gaurd on the exit side guide wheel and one will have to be added, since I put a good one on my mill last spring my blade life has about doubled.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Larry

How did you like the new clamp?
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ladylake

Quote from: Larry on January 30, 2010, 01:06:36 PM
How did you like the new clamp?

It might be missing from his mill, the only thing I dont like about it is when you cut the last board you have to eyeball how high it is where on my B20 it stops at 3/4 of inch.   .   Steve

Larry

How's the new mill doing now?  I watched a new one run the other day and quite impressive.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Chuck White

Quote from: ladylake on January 30, 2010, 08:05:06 PM
the only thing I dont like about it is when you cut the last board you have to eyeball how high it is where on my B20 it stops at 3/4 of inch.   .   Steve

It would seem like there has to be an adjustable stop of some sort to stop the sawhead from going too low!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

ladylake

On my B20 the head only goes down to 3/4 ", it has a limit switch there and the the clamp only goes down to 5/8" . On the B2000 the head is the same but the clamp will go below the cant so you have to eyeball how high it is when getting down to that last inch, I'd rather trust a mechanial stop than my old eyeballs. He put on a flow control vavle and adjusted those plastic blocks on the head which travels smooth now, the setworks work good now but not quite perfect leaving the last board off 1/32 or 1/16 thick or thin once in a while with the rest of the boards right on. I'd just set home at 1-1/4 and turn that last board over and saw to 1", I do that a lot on my mill anyway to get away from those fat ends. He moved the toebards to 5 or 6' aparts which wasn't to bad to do, also mounted a chip gaurd on the exit side guide wheel which I think really helps. Since I put on a good chip gaurd my blade life has gotten a lot better with my thinest blade 15/16" thick now and has been sharpened so many times the weld is almost in the center of the tooth, a lot don't make it that long but I've got 3 or 4 that did. Larry , the B2000 is a impressive mill for the money, my brother paid $22500, I see they're up to around $24500 now which  I expected.  Steve

paul case

my ez boardwalk manual mill has those plastic blocks to ''shim'' the slack in the side/side on the head. a little oil really makes those glide much better.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!