iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thermostat(s) for owb

Started by chipsfly09, January 28, 2010, 02:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chipsfly09

I have had my OWB for about three years-- I have a line volatage thermostat (in house)that controls the circulator pump to the heat exchanger (1 zone only).  This works great but I have to leave my circulating fan on all the time to get heat.   (on rather than auto)  I know there are many systems installed in the ductwork as mine is-- Does anyone know how this problem is usually delt with-- correlation of fan with circulator pump?

Thanks

wood 4 heat

On our system I run the pump 24/7 and use the indoor thermostat to energize the indoor fan relay on a demand for heat. When the thermostat is satisfied the indoor fan stops but hot water is still going through the HX.On the next call for heat the fan starts and instant heat from the duct work.

woodmills1

as wood 4 says  run the circulator from the stove full time.  get a themostat for the furnace that has a fan only setting and use that to regulate your house temp.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

chipsfly09

I'll give that a try-- Maybe put pump on a switch and use pump thermo- for fan?

Thanks--BTW-- OWB has had plenty of use this winter!

wood 4 heat

Chips,

Are you getting some of that bad Winter weather they are showing on the weather channel?

chipsfly09

I think everybody in NC is getting a dose-- I hate to brag but we have had 2-- count em' 2 snows that have required use of a shovel!

Thank You Sponsors!