iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Jill Sure Is Lucky

Started by Burlkraft, January 28, 2010, 11:57:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Today is Jill and my 10th anniversary  8)  8)  8)

No we're not married, but we agreed a long time ago that both of us have been married enuff times  :D  :D  :D

It was January 28th 2000 and I met Jill at a local brew pub to pick up my travel documents to Europe. She was our corporate travel agent for years. I had gotten divorced about a year earlier and was going to Europe for my birthday by myself to just have some fun.

Well.......... we ended up having a few beers and dinner and when I got back from Europe we got together to talk about my trip.
10 years later here we are  ;D  ;D  ;D  I thought it was my doing, but she told me she had me in her sights all along  ::) ::)

It seems like just yesterday. The time has flown by and I believe she is the love of my life.

She has been with me through thick and thin. She did not leave my side the whole time I was in the Hospital when I had my heart attack. I love her more each day!

Needless to say I don't get to travel to Amsterdam by myself anymore  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

Congratulations to the both of you!

I always tell people that anybody that can put up with me all these years must either be a saint or a psycho...I'll let you decide. :D

Raider Bill

Outstanding story! Wish you both great times ahead!

Amsterdam..................... 8)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Coon

Well Congrats to both of you.  :)

So I see there is a few hippies here on the forum  ;)  :D

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Burlkraft

Quote from: Coon on January 28, 2010, 12:45:25 PM
Well Congrats to both of you.  :)

So I see there is a few hippies here on the forum  ;)  :D

Ancient Hippies  ;D ;D

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dewwood

Congrats to both of you.   8) 8) 8)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

Fla._Deadheader

8) 8) Congratulations  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

mcfcfan

Congratulations.  smiley_clapping smile smiley_beertoasty_clapping
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

stumpy

Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

thecfarm

congrats to both of you and many more years of being happy together.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

Jill is lucky, and Steve is DanG fortunate.   ;D ;D

Congrats.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

offgridder

quote "No we're not married, but we agreed a long time ago that both of us have been married enuff times"

Congrats, and many more years together!

marshall

Patty

Congratulations to you both! Love is grand isn't it!  smiley_love
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

Mooseherder

Amsterdam is for young people anyways.  :D

Burlkraft

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 28, 2010, 04:43:28 PM
Divorce is 100 grand

Just a little more than that!!     >:(  >:(  >:(

stumpy

Yea, and the reason divorce is so expensive is cause it's worth it :'( (don't ask me how I know)
Woodmizer LT30, NHL785 skidsteer, IH 444 tractor

Warbird

Congrats!  In most states, you are basically considered married anyway, after having lived together for a certain number of months.  Is this the way it is there?

Burlkraft

I don't believe that Wisconsin has common law any more. At least the insurance co. does not recognize her so she can be on my health insurance

Reddog

Congrats.  :)

Quote from: beenthere on January 28, 2010, 03:15:35 PM
Jill is lucky, and Steve is DanG fortunate.   ;D ;D

But that should read: Jill had a lapse in judgment, and Steve is DanG fortunate.  ;D

Kitty

Congratulations Steve...what a sweet story!

k

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

DWM II

Congrats Steve and Jill, Im sharing the feeling with yall, its me and my brides anniversery as well, 15 yrs!! Cool to share with yall! 8)
Stewardship Counts!

scsmith42

Great story Steve.  Congrats to you and Jill!
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

pasbuild

Congrats my man  8) 8) I'm very happy for the too of you.
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

CLL

Too much work-not enough pay.

WDH

A celebration is in order!  Steve, you are such a sensitive guy ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Raider Bill

Quote from: Warbird on January 28, 2010, 05:40:19 PM
Congrats!  In most states, you are basically considered married anyway, after having lived together for a certain number of months.  Is this the way it is there?

I read somewhere that only 2 states recognize common law marriage anymore. Can't remember which ones right off the top of my pointed head.

Payton34

I have to put my 2 cents in here-Steve hit it right on the head,...I sure am lucky. 8) 8)
I remember every day how thankful I am that he loves me as much as I love him.  We make a great team.  I know I can always depend on him and he knows I would do anything for him.  As far as I'm concerned, he was made for me and I can't get enough of him.
We've been all over the map together and done all kinds of things, but my favorite is when we are home in the shop, in the garden, resting on the deck, watching Badger sports, running the sawmill(can't remember what it's called when I catch the boards for him) or whatever-home for me will always be wherever Steve is.

fishpharmer

Congrats to both of you.   8) 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

iffy

Quote from: Burlkraft on January 28, 2010, 06:01:33 PM
I don't believe that Wisconsin has common law any more. At least the insurance co. does not recognize her so she can be on my health insurance
That is correct. They ended it in 1917. This explains common law for most states if anyone is interested. http://marriagepartner.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3842

Anyway, congratulations!! Sounds like you two are good for each other

beenthere

Quote from: Payton34 on January 29, 2010, 02:19:20 PM
............ running the sawmill(can't remember what it's called when I catch the boards for him) or whatever-home for me will always be wherever Steve is.

That is called "tailing".  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!