iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Arbro stoker havester heads??

Started by Louis, January 25, 2010, 01:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

Does anyone run one?? We are look to put harvesting head on a steel track mini-x in the 12,000 pound range and this looks like  a nice head.

Ed_K

I looked at them at the forestry expo in Essex Junction Vt. I was advised that I would need a carrier of 15k to 17k to handle the head. I was hoping to use my 60hp 4x4 tractor  :( .
Ed K

Louis

Thank's for the info. Yes I think 12,000  is low end.

Jamie_C

Around here they were quite popular for a few years, most were mounted on 100hp Valtra/Valmet Tractors. They seemed to work ok but were kind of on the slow side. I know a few fellas had measuring problems as the head would slip a lot when delimbing the tree and you would have to back up the head and start all over again.

Bobus2003

I have never used a Arbro Stroke Harvester Head.. But I have a Patu 410 Harvester Head on my Link Belt 1600 Excavator (15,500 Operating Weight) and I really like it.. Works really well in the Ponderosa Pine untill you hit larger branches (3.5" and Up).

There is a E70 Cat with a Arbor Stroke Harvestor Head on it for sale out here.. was being used on Lodgepole I believe.
http://www.rockymountainequipment.com/excavators/excavators-cat-e70-09072009.html

bushmechanic

Your probally better off getting a roller head those stroke heads are VERY slowwwwww.

Bobus2003

Here is a video of my Patu (Kesla) 410SH Workin P-Pine

mahonda

I ran a arbro 400 for awhile it works great simple and easy to work on its slow compared to my waratah, but beats the hell outta a chain saw any day. Only real problem i had was when the head was up you could stroke out if you hit the wrong button and break the rotate fittings. If it was mine just a few things i woulda chaged on it but it was a really dependable hard worker.
"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

graves logging

i have an arbro 400 on a cat 305cr .when it works it works good.but had alot of trouble getting the bugs out.anyone out there have any problems with ther head i have a few questions about some stuff.no dealer around here.if there is something allready posted sorry iam new to this site..thanks

graves logging

Quote from: Ed_K on January 25, 2010, 03:03:23 PM
I looked at them at the forestry expo in Essex Junction Vt. I was advised that I would need a carrier of 15k to 17k to handle the head. I was hoping to use my 60hp 4x4 tractor  :( .
your tractor is more than big enough for the arbro 400.

Jamie_C

Quote from: graves logging on February 07, 2010, 12:32:03 PM
i have an arbro 400 on a cat 305cr .when it works it works good.but had alot of trouble getting the bugs out.anyone out there have any problems with ther head i have a few questions about some stuff.no dealer around here.if there is something allready posted sorry iam new to this site..thanks

Doesn't Hants Equipment down in Windsor still sell them or have parts in stock ?

graves logging

no they arent the dealer any more.they can get some parts but they dont want to do much more than that.

Jamie_C

That sucks, not that they were ever known for excellent customer service from what many people have told me. I guess you are stuck with a trusty old Google Search.

Do you still have your 860 Tigercat Buncher ? You must have been working for either Irving or Neenah/Northern Pulp were you ... who you working for now?

bkellyvtme

How much do one of those Arbro 400 or the 1000 go for?

graves logging

i ran a 860 buncher for a guy that worked for northen pulp.ran one for 18 years for the same guy.started on my own last spring with a dump truck and small cat excavatior.bought the head to play with in the  winter time.not getting much done with it yet getting the bugs worked out.when it works its good.you work in the woods?who for?

Jamie_C

Quote from: graves logging on February 10, 2010, 07:04:34 AM
i ran a 860 buncher for a guy that worked for northen pulp.ran one for 18 years for the same guy.started on my own last spring with a dump truck and small cat excavatior.bought the head to play with in the  winter time.not getting much done with it yet getting the bugs worked out.when it works its good.you work in the woods?who for?

I'm working for Winstanley's, we work on Wagner ground between Debert, Oxford & Economy.

Who did you work for; Hodgsons or Darren Carter ??

graves logging

worked for darren for 18 years running buncher

graves logging

Quote from: Bobus2003 on January 26, 2010, 11:28:14 PM
Here is a video of my Patu (Kesla) 410SH Workin P-Pine
cant see the video try putting it on again please..

graves logging

some one on here must have one?? ::)

Thank You Sponsors!