Started by jdtuttle, January 24, 2010, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdtuttle

It's halftime Minn. 14 N.O. 14  8)
great game so far :)
jim
Have a great day

LOGDOG

And the Saints WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

LOGDOG

Jeff

That was a great game to watch, but it sure was ugly. If anything will beat Farve into retirement again, it might have been this game. Man did he take a beating. I know you Packer fans don't want to hear it, and one in particular  ;),  But I was rooting for him. Have been all season.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CLL

Congrats to all you cajuns and others too. Really hated to see either team lose. Wanted to see Jets beat Colts, not that I like the Jets just don't like Payton!
Too much work-not enough pay.

rickywashere

after the beating they gave the cowboys i enjoyed every hit on ol number 4 .. i lost all respect for him after that 4th down touchdown pass last week.. besides drew finally gets his shot after being let go by the chargers 

Jeff

Give me a break on the running that score up line. This is the NFL.  Why didn't they just yell mercy and walk off the field? Did the cowboys really feel the need to be mollycoddled?  If so they should be in a lesser league.

ibseeker

Tough way for the Vikings to lose. Bet they want that call back or maybe they were worried about AP fumbling again? I hate to see that last pass be Favre's legacy. He's a great one.

Good for Drew Brees and the Saints. As a former full time Charger fan, I can say that Brees never had a fair chance here. Rivers is AJ Smith's guy and it was just a matter of time.
Brees has always been a class act and he deserves all the best.

So, now I'm a Saints fan.....who dat?

at least until next Chargers season.
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Norm

Farve really took a beating that's for sure. I still think he's one tough sob, not one whine out of him. Oh well I still have the memory of the cowboys getting creamed last weekend to keep me happy. ;D

Cedarman

Superbowl will be fun for us.  Jane loves the Colts and I usually do too.  But Drew is a Purdue grad and that takes precedence for me.  We usually have 4 or 5 couples over to watch and have fun.  Last year we didn't care who did what.  If it is close, things could get exciting here.

I liked Brett too.  Minn lost the game more than the Saints winning it.  Hate to see that be Bretts last pass.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Brett was playing against his "hometown hero" team.  He grew up in Kiln, Mississippi, which is less than 75 miles from NO.  We always root for Brett, but in this instance,  we had been hoping for a NO win much longer.

The Manning legacy began in NO with Archie, so this Colts vs NO is a special matchup for us.  We can't loose.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LOGDOG

You're right Magicman. I personally have always liked Brett. Being from WI I was naturally a Packers fan. Part of me wanted to see him have one last Super Bowl opportunity in case he decides to retire again. But the Saints haven't made it this far in a long, long time. It'll be a big morale booster if they win the Super Bowl. Good close game all the way. But that field goal at the end ...right down the middle. What a beauty. He should be proud of that kick for sure.

LOGDOG

Magicman

Next time I go to Hattiesburg, I'll have to take a picture of Brett's entrance to his place.  Very nice.  Sometimes you'll see him on that big enclosed cab JD cutting grass.

If you "Google Earth" his place, it will make your eyes pop out..... :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Burlkraft

For me the game was "interesting"

There's a lot of mixed feelings around here. I was glad to see the Saints win.
I was one of the biggest Bart Fvraare fans around, but like I tell Jill, I was a Packer fan long before I was a Fvraare fan  ;D  ;D

Tough old boy........but now it's time for him to hang it up and let us fans get over our feelings and have him come back to Lambeau and retire his number 4
Why not just 1 pain free day?

wi woodcutter

Maybe I am just bitter but I have NO love for Farve. I was very glad that the Saints won. It would have made me sick to see him go to the Super Bowl. I really hope that they never retire his number in Green Bay after all the BS he has pulled in the last couple of years.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

Jeff

It sure is a different perception from this side of lake Michigan.  It always appeared to me that when he decided he wanted to keep playing that Green Bay didn't really have his old spot available for him. So he moved on. You have a pretty good young Quarterback, so why the bitterness?   Maybe I'm missing something important. He wasn't doing the Golf thing and sleeping with your wives and daughters was he?  Wasn't he just giving his all on the Football Field?

You should try and be a Lions Fan and see what real and utter ad eternal disappointment is all about.  :-X

beenthere

My thoughts are that Green Bay didn't kick Favre out, and he started cooking up this deal with Childress several years ago, and was what he thought to be his ticket to get into the Superbowl. He faked retirement, with that plan to go to the Vikings. Then when GB didn't go with that plan, he had to take the opening with the Jets. Then he retired again, so no one cared so much when he went to the Vikings (other than his loyal, snubbed GB fans).

He is no doubt good, but time for him to retire while still being good.
I was glad to see his butt kicked yesterday. Was the "spanking" he deserved three to four years ago when he slacked off in GB. But there is always more to a good quarterback and that is his own team, that is either working with him or against him.

I see the Vikings are now talking of getting Vick as their quarterback. Are they tossing out Favre, or is he retiring for the third time. ??

And that "When the St's go Marching In" tune just keeps reverberatin in my head.   8) 8)

Kick 'dem pony's
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dnalley

What better way to take the starch out of an opposing QB than all the cheap shots Favre had to take (referee sanctioned, evidently) in the first half....and not just the ones that were called!!  Look out Manning!!  'Course the refs probably won't put up with that on him...

wi woodcutter

I agree with BT. He had planned this hole deal with the Vikings long ago. That is why I don't have any time for him. Almost like he was sticking it to the Packers. The way he left Green Bay was a slap in his fans face in a lot ways. Those fans that supported him for many years. Farve does not deserve to have his number retired in Green Bay with the way he left.

Norm

As a lifelong Vikings fan all I can add is nah nah na nah nah. :D

That could change if they're dumb enough to take Vick....come on Brett one more year!

Guys that's all in good fun, really it's just a game and nothing more. I don't care how much I dislike the cowboys watching Romo get hurt or any other player that loves the game for that matter is no fun....well maybe I'd make an exception for TO. ;D

wi woodcutter

Quote from: Norm on January 25, 2010, 02:36:51 PM
As a lifelong Vikings fan all I can add is nah nah na nah nah. :D

Well when the Vikings win a Super Bowl you can say nah nah na nah nah all you want. :D :D :D :D

Norm

Ain't it the truth! :D

To make matters worse I still root for the Cubs. :o

wi woodcutter

Quote from: Norm on January 25, 2010, 02:49:09 PM
Ain't it the truth! :D

To make matters worse I still root for the Cubs. :o

The Chubs! Anybody but the Chubs! You got to be kidding me!

I have lots of funny stories about Brewer vs Cubs down at Miller Park. :)

red oaks lumber

i have a few things to say ... first minn. virsus dallas it's 4th and 1 do you kick the feild goal? no that looks like your running up the score, so you throw a pass only thing was big"d" like all game long couldn't stop it .
before the minn- n.o. game i had respect for the saints not anymore, simple game plan.. do whatever is nessary to take out the qb. i'm not a vikings fan but, how blantandt were to hits .
the saga with farve leaving greenbay? inside info tells of a different story, brett wanted to come back to g.b. but a certain somebody#12 told the front office if brett comes back i want to play for another team, i'm tired of playing backup. that bit of info never made the paper. no matter where brett goes im still a fan, even at 40 he still does things the young guns may never be able to do.
jeff, you guys have one tough qb in detroit keep the faith your time is coming..
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

DWM II

Jeff, we down here know exactly how it feels to root for the eternal "loser" similar to your Lions, but keep your head high and wait like we did and yall may have your day like us! 8) For the record I love Favre! If they had won there is no doubt I would have been cheering him and the Vikes on, Edwards, Allen, Peterson, Harvin and the whole bunch. Not that I dislike the Colts, but Im an NFC fan first. Oh by the way,
WHO DAT!
Stewardship Counts!

LAZERDAN

I was there at Milwaukee County Stadium when 'THE MAGIC MAN' WENT down, they brought in this kid Faverray somebody.  Green Bay sucked, but we went anyway(every game)  Farve wins, Packer fans have a savior.  That may have lead to having kids, grade school, High school and they never saw any other QB,  Kids say " you mean green bay had other QB's  Ya right "  I'd say check the history books!     Then the Bi%*h leaves us.  People are angry at work, women cry ( and some men)  fights break out at taverns.  Termoil and mayhem.  Jets ahhh who cares But Minnesota (sorry but when you bleed green and gold ya can't like Minn)  you might just as well fall on your sword.   But the bleeding stopped yesterday.   I wish the guy well ( he does drive a green tractor, can't be all bad)  All in all what a ride,and all i can say to you Lovers and Haters of Brett is from a Russel Crow movie Gladiator  "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED" and we were.( is this the obituary
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs?)   Thanks for the entertainment Brett               Lazerdan

wi woodcutter

Quote from: LAZERDAN on January 25, 2010, 09:33:55 PM
I was there at Milwaukee County Stadium when 'THE MAGIC MAN' WENT down, they brought in this kid Faverray somebody. 

I was Milwaukee County Stadium when I got the first beer poured on me during a Brewers vs Cubs game. Ah the memories. :)

LAZERDAN

OK now ya got me fired up!  this is what i'm talkin about.  This is just opening the wound     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6LTcvzzAs

mcfcfan

When it gets to Superbowl final day it will already be Monday here in NZ so i will already know who won. :D :D
Picking Colts, actually are they in the final (shows how much we Kiwis know about your type of football.
Maybe some of your guys should try Rugby, now that is a man's sport. :) :)
I can sence a few taunts coming back my way ::) ::)
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

ibseeker

Quote from: mcfcfan on January 25, 2010, 10:41:21 PM
Picking Colts, actually are they in the final (shows how much we Kiwis know about your type of football.
Maybe some of your guys should try Rugby, now that is a man's sport. :) :)

Are you picking the Colts for any particular reason?
I'd like the Saints to win for a couple of reasons. Drew Brees and the Saints are fun to watch, New Orleans has endured enough and a Super Bowl win would mean so much to them.
I'll pick the Saints to win because of their explosive offense. I believe Brees is a better QB than Manning, he hasn't had the talent or media exposure until just recently.
The Colts are a quality organization and Manning is a great QB and person so there is a lot to admire there, however I think the Saints are on an emotional roll and will win if they limit their turnovers.

You comment on Rugby isn't the first time I've heard that. A while back I asked a co-worker who played Division 1 football and also rugby at a highly competitive level what he thought about the two games. He said they aren't really comparable. His experience was that each required a lot of toughness. Rugby is not as brutal as American football but required tremendous stamina and discipline because the play doesn't stop. American football has devastating hits, the speed of the game is phenomenal and the complexity of plays offers more variety and innovation. He loved playing rugby but enjoyed watching American football more. The complexity of plays and the athleticism are what draws me to the game.

Now, if we could just do something about all the commercials...
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

mcfcfan

ibeseeker,
No particular reason at all really it was the first team I saw to be honest, re commercials, Rugby in NZ has commercials at half time only.
Mind you the amount of time they take resetting the scrums these days you could fit half a dozen of them in then.

I really like all the hype and atmosphere in American football
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

ibseeker

That's exactly what I don't like about American football, the hype and all.
Watch these idiots dance after doing a routine play and you'd think they found the cure for cancer.

Chuck

cuznguido

For the average fan, this Super Bowl is gonna be a tough watch.  If the Vikings had gotten in, all we would have heard would have been "Brett Favre" till our ears bled.  Now that the Saints are in, all we are gonna hear is "Katrina" and how the people of New Orleans deserved this and yada yada yada.  It ain't about football any more.

metalspinner

The game is about football.  Two great quarterbacks are gonna light up the game with lots of touchdowns.  The game will be great.

There's no reason to watch all the hype over the next two weeks.

Saints fans have suffered for many decades with the poor play of their team, unwillingness of its owner to put a winner on the field, and just bad luck long before Katrina blew through town.  It will take lots more than a football game to recover from that devistation.  This is just a moment of joy that was a lonnnng time coming.  Similar in some ways to Chicago Cubs fans or Boston Red Sox fans before they turned it around.

You have to remember that the Superdome just a few years ago was a symbol of the failures of the local and federal government and the citizens of New Orleans to adaquitly prepare for a devistating hurricane and to protect themselves in the aftermath.  People were dying of exposure and were victims of murderers in that very building.  I hate to say this but, despite the security some of us feel living our daily lives, we are all just one terrible disaster away from living in anarchy and fending for ourselves against the human animal.
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

beenthere

Quote from: cuznguido on January 28, 2010, 01:59:38 PM
.......... It ain't about football any more.

I agree, and it seems it is as much or more about the ESPN announcers blowing their own horn and telling stories about each other, and then get the blonde to do the color commentating (yuk). They include the sad tales of each players family, and losses, and mother-in-laws, etc., etc.  and who is playing injured, etc.

Just like Axe Men, I usually mute the TV and just watch the game. Don't need all that touchy-feely chatter in the background (maybe un-mute to listen to the reason for a flag, or explanation of a re-play).
For the most part, the sound is off.  I enjoy THE game.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jdtuttle

It's halftime Minn. 14 N.O. 14  
great game so far

I started this thread during halftime because I like to watch the game. When i watch the superbowl it will be because I like football. This thread has gone alot of places  :D i think alot of people lose sight of the fact that it is just "a game" & I will enjoy it with lots of munchies friends & family. I may even watch the commmercials because they usually have some good ones ;)
jim
Have a great day

Burlkraft

I really don't have a favorite team in the Superbowl

I do have some favorite numbers tho  like 7 and 4 and 5 and 3  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

red oaks lumber

the story around here is.. what does a stolen car and the minn. vikings have in common?
neither one has a title... ouch that has to hurt!
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

tstex

Quote from: red oaks lumber on January 28, 2010, 06:00:59 PM
the story around here is.. what does a stolen car and the minn. vikings have in common?
neither one has a title... ouch that has to hurt!

Good one...I also agree with Beenthere" and like to either turn the sound off or to the radio because ESPN is all about ESPN and their pompous hosts...just call the game, not the shots...

Texas Ranger

A guy took his blonde girlfriend to her first football game. They had great
seats right behind their team's bench. After the game, he asked her how she
liked it. "Oh, I really liked it," she replied, "especially the tight pants
and all the big muscles, but I just couldn't understand why they were killing
each other over 25 cents." Dumbfounded, her boyfriend asked, "What do you
mean?" "Well, they flipped a coin, one team got it and then for the rest of
the game, all they kept screaming was... 'Get the quarterback! Get the
quarterback!'  I'm like...Helloooooo? It's only 25 cents!!!!"
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Thank You Sponsors!