iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere chainsaws

Started by timberfaller390, January 24, 2010, 10:20:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberfaller390

Who made the JD saws and what was the biggest JD saw they made. I don't want one to use but I take my "antique" logging outfit to alot of tractor shows and thought an old JD saw would be a cool addition to the collection.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Ed

Deere has used a number of sources over the years. They used Echos in the 70's. I think Remington supplied some at one time also.

Ed

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Cut4fun

Homelite some where in that mix.

Coon

I think they even used the old Pioneers too years back.   ???
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Gary_C

Ya, JD bought Homelite a few years ago and was to remove the brand from the farm and discount stores, paint them green and sell them only thru the John Deere dealers. But something happened and JD sold Homelite shortly after that purchase to some overseas company. Not sure what happened other than they may have needed some money.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Cut4fun

I got a big cc weedeater in JD colors, but is a big Homelite.

peppone

you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

Rocky_J

Mike Acre's site is sorely lacking on information on those saws. He only has a few models listed with no information at all other than maybe listing bar sizes.  :(

Mark K

I collect Remington saws, have about a dozen of them that run. Remington made JD saws for a few years. I have one of them, wouldn't want to run it for an 8 hour day. No anti-vib mounts, you have to peel your hand off the front grip after about 20 minutes.
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

timberfaller390

Okay so according to the above link the biggest saw was the 800V. Anybody know anything about that model.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

peppone

you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

Thank You Sponsors!