iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what is this?

Started by boobap, January 23, 2010, 03:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boobap

like i have said before, i am currently in afghanistan, but i saw this older poulan pro on craigslist and i had to have it. it was only $100. it runs like a champ. the only known issue is the chain brake lever is broke. (does anyone have one i can buy?) i asked my dad to pick it up for me and he did. the guy i bought it from said it was a 405, but my dad said it was labled a 404. first, do either of those models exist? second, what do i have pictured? third, what cc's are these? fourth, any places to get parts/information for these saws? as far as i know, i will be replaceing the rings, and rebuilding the carb. i hope i don't have to spit the case and replace any bearing/seals. i know the bar is 28". does anyone have one of these old poulan pro's? not sure if the pics will load, but i will try. let me know if they don't.

thanks all...Todd

[img width=500 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/j309/boobap/poulan%20pro/100_0682.jpg[/img]
[img width=500 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/j309/boobap/poulan%20pro/100_0676.jpg[/img]
[img width=500 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/j309/boobap/poulan%20pro/100_0677.jpg[/img]
[img width=500 --Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--.com/albums/j309/boobap/poulan%20pro/100_0681.jpg[/img]

windthrown

None of your photos worked. Posting photos to this forum is not easy.
Stihls: 440R, 361, 360, 310, 260, 211, 020T. Husky: 372xt.
I ship Stihl saws down under: message me for details.

Dave Shepard

If photos are hosted offsite, we run the risk of ending up with a big red X, or a broken link. If they are loaded onto the Forum, they are here forever. Use the Java uploader at the bottom of the post window, it's painless. :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Rocky_J

Looks to be the same as the link I posted other than the full wrap handle. At least you have some specs now.

beenthere

Posting is easy. Just use the Java Uploader (re-sizes for you) feature under the blue posting window.
No more difficult than registering on the forum.

Go to "Behind the Forum" board for a tutorial if needed.  Just set up your own gallery, and have at it. Use the Preview button before the Post button to see how you are doing. Then when right, hit the Post button. Walla...there they are.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

boobap

rock_J...i can not view the site you posted. i am on a government computer and they like to block sites...that is also why i can not use the java uploader...that is why i attached the pdf.   :'( could you copy and paste the info for me on here!  ???

Rocky_J

MANUFACTURED BY:
      Poulan PRO
      NASHVILLE, ARKANSAS U.S.A.
SERIES OR ASSEMBLY NUMBER:

YEAR INTRODUCED:
YEAR DISCONTINUED:

ENGINE DISPLACEMENT:
      3.97 cu.in. (65 cc)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS:
CYLINDER BORE:
      1.875 in. (47.6 mm)
PISTON STROKE:
      1.875 in. (47.6 mm)
CYLINDER TYPE:
      Aluminum with chrome plated bore
INTAKE METHOD:
      Reed valves
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.:
      not advertised
WEIGHT :
      16.6 lbs. (7.5 Kg)
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION:
      One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM:
      Anti-vibration, 6 rubber elements
CHAIN BRAKE:
      Manual and inertia activated
CLUTCH:
      Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE:
      Direct
CONSTRUCTION:
      Die cast magnesium, injection molded polymer
MAGNETO TYPE:
      Electronic, Phelon CD
CARBURETOR:
      Walbro WJ
MAJOR REPAIR KIT:
      K10-WJ
MINOR REPAIR KIT:
      D10-WJ
AIR FILTER SYSTEM:
      Foam
STARTER TYPE:
      Automatic rewind
OIL PUMP:
      Automatic, gear driven adjustable
OPERATING RPM:
      9,000, 12,500 free speed
IGNITION TIMING:
      fixed
BREAKER POINT SETTING:
      none
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP:
      0.010 to 0.015 in. (0.25 tp 0.38 mm)
SPARK PLUG TYPE:
      Champion RCJ-7Y, KCJ7Y
SPARK PLUG GAP:
      0.025 in. (0.63 mm)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS:
      Ball
FUEL TANK CAPACITY:
      26.1 fl. oz. (770 ml)
FUEL OIL RATIO:
      50:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE:
      Regular grade
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION:
      Poulan PRO chain saw mix oil
CHAIN PITCH:
      3/8 in.
CHAIN TYPE:
      Oregon 73LG
BAR MOUNT PATTERN:
      20 link
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:
      16 in. (40 cm)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED:
      28 in. (71 cm)
COLOUR SCHEME:
      Poulan PRO Yellow with Grey, later Black

Cut4fun

Pioneer Partner made this Poulan 405. If you can grab it for $100 do it.  Now getting parts will be a whole different ballgame. Beware of that.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.nsf/ed1d619968136da688256af40002b8f7/ccd0fca80118f8e588256bda0058c7fc?OpenDocument

Jeff

If you need parts, our sponsor to the left may have them.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

peppone

in Italy it's quite easy to find parts for this polulan 'cause many people have it. I repaired the same saws many time in my life.
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

boobap

so, can you get me any parts? i have paypal and will pay for shipping!!  ???

Jeff

Did you see the link I posted?? ?? ??    http://store.chainsawr.com/   

boobap

i did...i even tried emailing them with no avail...exploring other options... :)

Jeff

Ed

Uh, Jeff, he's in Afganistan........a phone call probably isn't an option.

Ed

Jeff

Cut4fun

Scott's always been good replying to my emails, within a day or 3. Matter fact I just got another special order of parts in Monday.

Maybe your email was spammed.  Also send me the email you used in a PM and I will see if it is the same one I use before his website ever started.

The website only showed 3 parts for a 405 a AV, bar and clutch drum .

boobap

i could call, but it would probably cost more than the part i need...also, when i said "no avail" i meant he didn't have the part, not that he didn't respond. so if anyone has the chain brake lever (just the lever) laying around, please let me know. i do have paypal and know how to use it.   8)

Cut4fun

I am going to send you a link to a Partner Pioneer yellow clutch cover with brake handle that I think may work in a PM.

boobap

oh snap... ;D i thank you very much for that. this continues on to that dilema i have of being on a DoD computer...they block most of the good sites...(at lease they don't know about this one, i don't know what i would do if they did  ;) )

Cut4fun...thank you for taking the time to do that, but i can't go to ebay... ::)   :(   ::)  :(  ::)

Cut4fun

Did you see the ebay link at least?

boobap

i did, and i thought it would work! untill recently, we could "back-door" the system and go to ebay as long as it had the "cgi" in the front part of the webpage...they figured it out...*DanG the man!!!!  >:(

Thank You Sponsors!