iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Farm Bureau closing down their TBA (Tires, Batteries, and accessory) division

Started by scsmith42, January 22, 2010, 04:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

I heard yesterday that the Farm Bureau Federation has decided to completely close down their TBA division, due to financial losses and low sales.

What a disappointment!

In the past year I have started buying all of my tires and batteries from Farm Bureau.  They sell American Made products whenever possible (their batteries are made by Deka, and their branded tires by Cooper), in addition to carrying major ag brands such as Firestone, etc.

When I had to replace the tires on my UTV, Farm Bureau was 25% lower than the next closest bid.  On my equipment trailer, American Made FB tires are 20% less than the inexpensive Chineese tires from the local tire shop.  And their batteries average 25% less than comparable brands.

What is perhaps the most disappointing, is the fact that they probably could have turned this division around relatively easily had they brought in new management.  In these economic times, there is no reason for a low cost provider specilizing in American made products to fail, other than management limitations and a lack of marketing.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

T Red

Quote from: scsmith42 on January 22, 2010, 04:45:56 PM
lack of marketing.

I think you nailed it well.  I had forgotten about them until I seen your post.  I don't even remember them advertising in their own magazine for members. 
Tim

stonebroke

scsmith42

Good news!  After so many folks complained, the powers that be decided to keep the TBA division in NC open!   8)

I had to buy two 8D batteries yesterday for the generator.  Over 300 bucks each at the Cat house, only 150 each (Deka brand batteries) at Farm Bureau.  Can't beat that with a stick!

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Thank You Sponsors!