iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another trip to Mr. Hooties

Started by bd354, January 20, 2010, 07:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bd354

Monday being a holiday and all I decided to make the 40 or so mile trip to see what I could find. #2 son and a cousin of mine also went along. Soon as I got there I gave ole DanG a call since I'd never him face to face. He came up and we walked around and talked and generally had a good time. Didn't buy much but sure had a good time yakkin' When we left we followed Dan home to see his mill. Nice. First dimention (sp?) mill I've seen up close. Best way to kill a day I've found in a long time. I wish all Mondays were that much fun.

DanG

Well it weren't no holiday for me! >:(  You don't get no days off when you're retired.  I went on up to Hootie's anyway, and had quite a good time visiting with George, his Cousin Ralph, and his Son  ???.  I'm totally mortified that I can't remember the lad's name, but I was sure impressed by the quiet and respectful demeanor of the young man.  It was pretty obvious to me that this fella has been raised right!

I had a very large time visiting with those guys and discussing the possibilities that could come with having such a junkpile.  As always, we discovered things that we had overlooked on many previous trips to that magical place.  I sure hope they won't leave me out of any future trips!

Of course, none of this really happened because there wasn't a camera betwixt the bunch of us.  Maybe it will really happen next time. ;) :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

timberfaller390

I have had a few of those no camera around so it didn't happen moments. Thank god because with out pictures it's that much easier to argue my point that it didn't happen. :D
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

fishpharmer

Glad Mr. Hooties is still open.  Sounds like a good time had by all.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ironwood

I've been to most "magical" places 'round these parts and many hundreds of miles in radius, wish I could expand that to Mr. Hooties.  ;).

Perhaps next time.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Thank You Sponsors!