iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

REWARD---URBAN LOWLIFE

Started by Fla._Deadheader, October 03, 2003, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Last night some ------------ LOWLIFE helped himself to our tail lights. What would Y'all do if YOU were to catch this trash???????????????????

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SawInIt CA

take him diving with me :D  
That bites

shopteacher

I'd invite them along diving for logs.
 Just to make it easier for them to dive fill their pockets with lead shot.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Tom

If he could be caught, I think the best thing is the Police so he would have a record.  Then you need to luck up and get a judge with Kahuna's who will demand restitution including re-installation by the culprit.  (I'de get everybody I knew and anybody he knew to come watch him put them back.)

Then he should have his driver's license taken away for six months and have to go through all of the testing to get it back.

His having to take a trip behind the woodshed would make me feel better too. :)

What a lowlife jerk that goes through life believing "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too". >:(

Den Socling

How low can some life go?  ???

Our kids used to bring trees home from school. We planted one in our front yard, too near the road, apparently. It grew into a pretty little Christmas tree and two years ago some scum stopped in our front yard with a bow saw and stole it! How could this jerk sit around this Christmas tree with the family?

Oh well. They are a minority. But I wish there was none!

Frank_Pender

Tom, that woodshed idea is great.  I think it should happen at least one a week 'till they earned the dirvers licence back.

The sad truth is that anyone who used the "behind the woodshed" would be in more trouble than the initial perpitrator. :'(  That is called child abuse today.   >:(  I call it the board of education around here. :)
Frank Pender

DanG

I would still need some new tail lights, considerin' where I would put the old ones. >:(   DanG it Harold, you're gonna have to move on up here. I'll loan ya a few good yard dogs, till you can collect a few of yer own. ;)  If somebody tried to do that to my truck at night, there wouldn't be much left of him. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Trust me, I may be old and fat, but, the special training the govt. gave me, would make this creep WISH I would take Tom's advice. There wouldn't be enough---------Nahhh, can't put that here ::) >:( >:( >:( >:(
  I gotta get a few acres and start takin care of business >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

My son was callin around, lookin for replacements and seems that we are not the only ones hit last night ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Just got off the phone. Seems these are only made for 2 year model Silverado's, late '99 and 2000???  $65.00 each and be here Thursday. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I need to find this moron. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( Chevrolet wants $145.00 EACH, They don't even wear a *DanG MASK ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
  Wife said, call the law. What a joke THAT would be >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  She thought she heard something, but, with her arthritis, didn't bother checking >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(Who'a side is SHE on??? ??? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
   First, it is ridiculed;

EZ

I try to be as calm and EZ as I can anymore, but if some thing would happen like that around here, I'm afraid I would have to plead insane afterwares.
EZ

Den Socling

biziedizie

What would I do if I caught him??? If I caught him red handed stealing or if I saw him trying to sell the lights to buy dope for his habit???

To answer the first question I would punch him out as I would be in a rage seeing a guy stealing my lights.

To answer the second question I think if I saw this guy selling my lights I would observe him for awhile and see how desperate he was ::) Think the next thing I would do is go across the street and buy the lights off him and in a very calm voice I would ask him if I could buy him lunch. During lunch I would explain to him where the lights came from and ask him if he would like to work for me to pay them off.
  In a real world this scenario would maybe happen 30% of the time but I believe that these guys that live like this do have hearts but they live day by day and every minute is a struggle for them.
  I do work (repairing damage) for the Intensive Child Care Resource Center and I see lots of these kids that are just F#%$@! up and the world has just given up on them.
  One of the counsellors is Chris and he was my very first customers when I went on my own many years ago and we've been very good friends since.
  Anyways I hire these kids when I'm busy and it's a work exchange program that helps me pay them, it's kinda a cool program. Some of these little s@%$ heads come in with major attitudes but I treat them as an equal and when they leave they have goals.
  I will admit that 70% of them fail and end up inside but it's the ones that make it that make me proud :)
  I think that these guys that steal don't want to deep down in thier hearts but they do it to get by.

Steve

Den Socling

Biz,
When I wrote "I wish there was none", I was thinking "I wish I could kick their A$$'s to he||". But I kept thinking that, somehow, society was probably responsible for what they were. Not directly, but we let it happen. I wish this scum didn't exist but where do they come from. The kid that was left alone to eat ketchup and dry pasta while her dear mother was in jail, for neary three weeks, is she going to grow into a wacko tramp? Is it the kids fault?
Den

DanG

At the risk of seeming like a turd in the punch bowl, I gotta disagree. These little snots know DanG well that what they are doing is wrong, and they're just too arrogant to care. >:(   And it ain't 'cause they're neglected or abused, either. Sure, there may be a few who steal out of need, but the vast majority have simply discovered that they can steal more in 10 seconds than they can earn in 10 hours. Many of them are from middle class families, and have siblings that don't steal, so that eliminates the environmental factor. They are just out to get something for nothing, and don't care who it hurts.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

isawlogs

DanG   I fully agry with you  ;)... And behind the wood shed they should go... That little stick my mother used back when is what they need  :o :o A little back yard education just might help  :P ;D ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Ron Wenrich

Count your blessings that it was only the tail lights.  We had someone drive in and take a walking floor trailer - only 2 years old.  Insurance company said it ain't insured since there wasn't a tractor under it.  Loss = $50,000.  Now its probably hauling garbage from out of state.

There was also a guy who had walnut trees lining his lane.  When he came home from work, they were gone.

Then there's the guy who the $729,000 Ferrari.  http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2003/09/26/210327-ap.html  But, that one was probably insured.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

oldsaw

What a lowlife jerk that goes through life believing "what's mine is mine and what's yours is mine too".  

A wife.

However, I do like the idea of having the thief re-install the tail lights with an audience of neighbors and his peers.  After you break his thumbs with a hammer.  I tell my kids repeatedly that I have a very low regard for thieves and vandals.  

My 5 year old recently stole some candy from WalMart. I made him take money from his piggy bank, give the remainder of the candy to the cashier (Or the Manager if he didn't seem sincere), explain what he did, apologize, pay for the candy, and request she throw it away since he didn't deserve a reward for being bad.  Humiliation can be very effective...I don't think he will ever do anything like that again since the four other people in line and the cashier in the next lane all heard him.  This guy needed that done at some point.

Mark
So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Percy

Hey Biz,
You have a good streak in you that is infectious. My first thoughts were of crushed glass,bare feet, turpentine, slingshots. Its cool to hear that you are doing what you can to help the lost youth.

After lookin at this thread for a bit, its my opinion that it wasnt lost youth that did this but some one looking for  specific tailights. Dedhed says that these are rare and that other  people in the area were hit as well. Probably an organized parts theft ring that fills specific orders. You need allkinds of weird screwdrivers to remove these parts nowadays which makes this a pre-meditated theft as opposed to an impulse opportunistic theft usually done by missguided youth...nuther bit of info from the P.P.P. book(Percy's Psyco Psycology).
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bigdogpc

Parts theft by order is a common problem, especially on "special" parts like limited production years.  Sounds like 'gator bait to me as a fair treatment for the lowlife...'gator bait AFTER the woodshed.  YUP

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Don P

A job I worked last year was just outside a fairly good sized city, but still country. Cornfields and hedgerows. I was told to watch my step in the windbreaks. One of the local landowners had spotted lights in a field one night and called it in to the sherrif. A motorcycle/ 4 wheeler chop shop was operating in the bush...not that the cops found it. His call describing lights in the field was reported as a UFO siting and ignored  >:(.
I did use the Lull to clean up a little trash in the row, man they picked 'em clean.

Round here I need to put up a gate, we "acquired" another dog this summer. People around here aren't dumb enough to try to steal, but they do drop off dogs, zeniths, zucchini, squash and maters if you wander away from home for long  ::).

rebocardo

> There was also a guy who had walnut trees lining his lane.
>  When he came home from work, they were gone.  

That just blows my mind how it could happen and people not get caught or shot. Someone had to use the wood locally.

Ron Wenrich

I think somebody stopped by and the guy said he bought the trees.  Nothing else was asked.  

Most guys in the business had an idea who it was and those logs didn't end up anywhere local.  He only cut the veneer butts off and left the rest of the tree.

After the tree is gone, you will never be able to connect the cutter to theft without any proof.

There are also guys who drive around state lands with their tri-axle.  Nice trees next to the road usually get snipped pretty quick.  The state knows who it is, they just can't catch him.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Den Socling

I used to do some work for a company who would buy as little as a single log off a pickup. This practice apparently attracted jerks who stole trees. I've seen both state foresters and state police walking around their logpiles with a slice off a stump. The logs were numbered so, if rings matched, the company ID'd the supplier.

Jason_WI

FL,

Attach one of these to your driveway and catch the Lil buggers on camera.

http://www.x10.com/products/x10_vt38a.htm

It is a RF camera and can be hooked to PC or VCR to record the video.

Jason

Fixed spelling ::) ::) ;D
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

DanG

Jason, that looks like a sweet deal. Only problem is, my shop is 300+ feet from the house, and the cam only transmits 100 feet. Any ideas how I could extend the range without resorting to extraordinary means?  I suppose I could mount a vcr in the shop and bury 300+ feet of coax to a tv in the house, but that falls under the category of the above mentioned "extraordinary means."  :-/

Thank You Sponsors!