iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Very Sad news at Wood-Mizer

Started by Mikey H, January 18, 2010, 10:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikey H

Steve Clark was the President of the sawmill division of Wood-Mizer for the last 5 years.  He was a young guy by most measures, early 40's, and he started at Wood-Mizer back in the mid-80's.  Steve went into the hospital in December to have a cancerous lung removed and seemed to be doing very well until around 5 PM last night (Sunday Jan 17).  His heart slowed, then stopped and the hospital staff worked for an hour to revive him, unsuccessfully.  He is survived by his wife, lots of kids and lots of grandkids.

He was a tremendous leader, a great example to all of us but most of all a good friend to hundreds of us here in Indy.  He was a very strong believer in Jesus Christ and knew Him as both his Savior and Lord.  He walked around the last day he worked here before going into the hospital and shook people's hands to say, "See you later".  His last words to me were, "I am not afraid".  I am convinced he was telling the truth, but also that he was saying it for my sake, for our sakes, not his. He is already very deeply missed.  :'(
Mike Hanlon
I work for Wood-Mizer in the Sales Department.  I am the Account Manager for 8 of our 15 US locations and I oversee the Christian Missions equipment discounts and donations.
mhanlon@woodmizer.com

nas

My condolences
His family will be in my prayers.  May they be comforted that he is with his Lord.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

sawwood

sorry to hear of his passing. his family are in our paryers also.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Hilltop366

Sounds like he has enjoyed a good life, though it its always sad news for those left behind.

My condolences also.

ronwood

My condolences to his immediate family and the extended family at Woodmizer
Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Magicman

My prayers are with his' and the entire WM family.  All of you know what his' wishes would be.  Go forward and stay strong.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Tom

My condolences to his family and his family at Woodmizer. I know you will all miss him.

beenthere

Will keep his family and friends in our prayers.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Chuck White

My condolences!
Rest assured he'll be sorely missed!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

lhgolfer2000

To all of those those who were blessed to know this gentleman, I am sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

mcfcfan

All at Petersons send our condolences to his family and colleagues at work.

Lee
Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
but how to dance in the rain."

Bibbyman

Mary and I are saddened by the passing of Steve. 

We had the pleasure of visiting with Steve a number of times.  Our conversations were centered around how we were using our mill and what we liked or disliked about it.  Any questions I had about the direction of the company or product development was answered to my level of "need to know".  I was always shocked to see the president of a major company in blue jeans, tennis shoes and sport shirt.  But that was the Steve we knew – comfortable, polite, soft spoken and confident.

Ironic that the conversation we had at the 25'th anniversary party in Indy was about his concern that the company be structured so that it would have a continued prosperous future and not just maximize profits for a few years so the top management could retire in style.  He was advocating the fostering of new and younger managers that would be prepared to carry on.  He will be missed. But Wood-Mizer has the good fortune to have the best people in the industry.  Someone will fill his tennis shoes.

Our condolence to his family and friends. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

KyTreeFarmer

Sad news indeed. My condolences to his family and friends.

KTF
Woodmizer LT15G
Belsaw from Sears & Roebucks
8N Ford
87 Kubota 2550 W/FEL

wwsjr

My condolences to his family, friends, and the WoodMizer family.

Willie
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

fishpharmer

My prayers go out to his family and friends.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

sdunston

Its sad when someone so young passes.
My prayers go out to his family

Sam
WM LT28, American fordge 18x8 planer,Orange and white chainsaws, NH TC33, IHT6 dozer, IH-H tractor and alot of other stuff that keeps me agravated trying to keep running

sawman

Condolences from SE Missouri. Thought and prayers are with all who knew Steve.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

taw6243

Our condolences to family and friends
From Tim in Michigan.
4500 hours on my 2004 LT40HDG28, CBN sharpener and auto setter, 25" woodmaster planer with 9'auto leveling bed and trac vac chip handling system, 1998 L3010 kubota, 2010 L3200 kubota Festool TS75 rail saw with 42", 75" and 106" rails.

Don K

So sorry to hear of Steve's passing. Prayers to his family and his WM family.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Cedarman

Prayers for Steve and his family and Woodmizer family.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Tripp

Sorry to hear of the passing of a good man. I will pray for family and friends during this difficult time.

Tripp

Bibbyman

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Mikey H

On behalf of all of us at Wood-Mizer, thank you all very, very much for your condolences, prayers and comments.  I will pass them on to the family and fellow employees.
Mike Hanlon
I work for Wood-Mizer in the Sales Department.  I am the Account Manager for 8 of our 15 US locations and I oversee the Christian Missions equipment discounts and donations.
mhanlon@woodmizer.com

Thank You Sponsors!