iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

echo cs 600

Started by thumper, January 17, 2010, 12:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumper

i was in my jonsered dealers showroom yesterday. i was looking at the 2159 again and saw the echo cs 600 there also. he has like ten there and a couple 2159s. they are close in class and both the same price but the jonsered does seem lighter.  the 600 seems to be built very very nice , unlike any echo ive seen. not that their bad.. have any of you got to try the 600 yet? the dealer says that everybody thats bought one likes it, but they are homeowner/ranch owners and may not use them as much as a logger.  ;)
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

ladylake

Echo has been making quality saws for quite a few years, nothing wrong with a 359 Husky either. From reports I've heard the CS600 does weight around 1# more and cuts quite a bit faster than the 359 Husky. With any new saw make sure you or the dealer adjust the carb rich enough so they don't burn up.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

des170stihl

The ECHO saw is a better built saw. The Jred is now owned by electrolux, which owns husky and poulan. Hard telling who really built the Jred and where. At least with the Echo you know it was built in Japan,, in one factory,, and aint selling out to anybody in the near future. Just for some more info Echo just bought Shindaiwa. 
STIHL MS170* STIHL MS260 Pro* STIHL MS 230* ECHO CS 341* Husky 339 XP * Wallenstein 20 Ton Splitter* Massey Ferguson 1528 w/Grapple ( Skidder Wanna Be ).

thumper

all my jonsereds are built in husKvarna sweden and have a husqvarna twin. ive never had terrible luck with any of my swedish saws (partner husky jred)  ???
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

Al_Smith

Can't say I have much experiance with Echo .I have one which is a little rear handled trimmers type saw and it saw maybe 10 or more years of service for tree company .That says a lot to last that long under those conditions .

It's okay for what is ,a little slow compaired to others of that size but it's not spring chicken,a little long in the tooth as they say .

What few Echos I've seen have never been any of much size,all little ones .

peppone

belive me: echo chainsaws are WONDERING machines!!!!
nothing less then Husqvarna, Stihl and Dolmar! In some case even a little bit more!!!
you're invited to visit my forum all about chainsaws:
http://lamotosega.forumattivo.com/forum.htm
saluti
peppone

miking

I second the Echo quality as well. All of my work saws, CS530, CS370, and CS680 now are Echos, save my little MS192C. I would love to run a 600 though as they look quite a bit different than my saw models. I hope someone on the site has one and responds eventually.
Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

Thank You Sponsors!