iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

south florida free labor

Started by the_general, October 02, 2003, 09:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_general

hello people and greetings from south florida,,,
after sitting on the sidelines for a week reading all the posts i finally joined and this is my first post.
ive learned more from you guys just reading posts than from all the mill literature ive sent off for for that alone i thank you.

anyway back to the heading,,, i really wanna buy a mill and run it down here in south florida , for my own personal use , cutting lumber for fencing etc and am leaning towards a swing blade operation most likely lucas but wouldnt mind seeing verious band mills in operation as well,, i was wondering if anyone has one in florida that wouldnt mind an irish bloke coming and looking at it and helping out ,, can provide muscels and beer !!!!! and will work for free.
thanks for lookin
irish mark,

Tom

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, General.  

If you are really interested in a mill you should go to the Ag. show in Moultrie,Geogia in a couple of weeks.  It is the best place in the South East to see many of the mills in operation.

CHARLIE

My brother-in-law runs a Cook Mill down close to Fort Myers Beach, Florida in a little town called Alva.  He bought it the end of last year. If you are close, I could give you his e-mail address.

Tom, is up in Jacksonville and has a wornout Woodmizer and a Baker.

Dang is up in the panhandle close to the state line and has a mobile deminsion mill I think.

Fla-Deadheader is over close to the Cape and has a home-built mill.  
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jason_WI

Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

shopteacher

Free muscles and beer, work for free. Pensylvania is pretty close to south Flordia and I'll let you work all you want.  I wish I could get my boy to say that. ;D  Welcome aboard Irish Mark, your going to like it here.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

OK, where are ya???  I'm in Sebastian, Vero Beach area, BUT, the mill is near Palatka.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Frank_Pender

Be careful, General.   Some people might well want to pay you in a can of peas. :'( 8)  Welcome aboard.  Yep, your learning curve can climb really fast around here, most of the time.
Frank Pender

chet

Welcome General, how's about a trip to da northern reaches of da UP of Michigan. We got beautiful fall colors and da snow is almost all melted.  :)  I run a manual mill so free help is always welcome, especially if he supplies da beer.   8)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

the_general

;D thanks for the welcome and info guys,,,,

fla_deadheader im in west palm ,,,, about an hrs drive from vero ,,,  :D

isawlogs

General,,,,
  I'm only maiby 24 hrs north , have a hydraulic orange machine I'll let you saw with for free (while I watch) Oh .. I'll even get you some logs ;) ;) ;D
  BTW.... Welcome.....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

1 hours drive from Vero.??? ???  Maybe, being a General, they gave ya a LEAR when ya retired ??? ??? ;D :D :D :D :D
  Yer welcome anytime we are here and we have sawing jobs lined up for when the water gets too cold to log.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!