iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Craybobs/crawdads/crawbobs/Lobster/crayfish (pics)

Started by WildDog, January 16, 2010, 08:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildDog

I call them crayfish, over Christmas my youngest and I went crayfishing in our dams, I have a reaction to prawns and after sitting around suffering while the family was eating king prawns :( I needed a hit of crustations. :)

When we got back home Nicky baked home made buns, Norm might recognise these as it was a recipe he posted a couple of years ago
the buns are sure good this recipe is the 1st time Nicky's used eggs, butter and milk in making rolls etc.

If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

WDH

Crawfish!  Reminds me of Louisiana.  That sure looks good  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ErikC

We used to catch 'em in the creeks around here later in summer when I was a kid.Haven't gone since though. They are tasty little fellas.we called them crawfish or crawdads. :)
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

fishpharmer

I love crawdads.  Looks like you got some good ones Wilddog.

From what I understand, Australia has some of the biggest crawfish species in the world.  Are those you have considered Yabbies?  I have seen some of the redclaw, huge.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Norm

Nicky's buns look great....oh oh WD your not thinking of coming to Iowa anytime soon are you.  :D

Burlkraft

That looks good 'nuff to eat  ;D  ;D  ;D

Now I gotta go find sumpthin' to eat. I5t sure won't be that good  ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Patty

My uncle used to send all of us cousins out to catch crawdads for him while we visited Gramma's house up in the Kickapoo Valley in Wisconsin.. He used them as bait to go fishing in the Mississippi river. I had no idea a person could/would eat them. They look pretty tasty!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

WildDog

Fish.P. those Red Claws are really tasty they prefer the warmer weather to the North of us, the real big blokes are the Murray River Crays, that river runs on the border between Meadowmillers state and mine, there are some other large ones on the other side of the country in Western Aus, these guys are called Marron and are farmed quite a bit. My workmates son in law is over from New Zealand and they are doing the living of the land thing, yesterday they caught 200 about 6inches long, fried them up up in garlic butter. They have had Murray Cod, Yellow Belly, venison and this week its kangaroo.

Norm if I ever get to Iowa I will come in peace in search of a hearty feed and some good fishing :)

Patty they come at a premium over here in the restaurants, I had intentions of farming them but when the water temp drops below 14deg C they stop feeding and our temp is below that for a lot of the year.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

crd1957

when i was a kid we used crawdads for fish bait.i was working on a drilling rig in eastern oklahoma and we had a cajun company man. he boiled up a tub of crawdads; i dont use crawdads for bait anymore
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

DWM II

Right now crawfish are selling for $4 per pound, boiled. That would be some high dollar fish bait. :) Likewise, I can get some nice dressed catfish for about $2.50 a pound from the same seafood  store.
Stewardship Counts!

crd1957

i cant buy crawdads here in oklahoma at least not here.we use shad for bait on lake texoma.shad might be good to eat.at 4.50 a lb id like some crawdads  on the side and some fried cat fish
a man should never wear a hat that has more character than he has. (will rogers)

CLL

Spent several years in Cajun country training horses at Delta Downs, love them mud bugs, red beans and rice. UUMMM!!!
Too much work-not enough pay.

SwampDonkey

We have crayfish in most every creek around here with gravel bottom, but no one eats them. We have lobster for eat'n. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

metalspinner

Patty,
Crawfish boils in Louisiana are like BBQs is Texas.  Its a great reason to get together for a party and good eats.  It seems every weekend during crawfish season, somebody has a big pot (30" in diameter) boiling and having a party.

Wild dog,
Those few on your plate look good.  But where are the other 50 lbs? :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Thank You Sponsors!