iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The New Forestry Forum Hats are in! ORDER INFO

Started by Jeff, January 15, 2010, 06:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Spread the word, they are finally in. You can order the hats through the on-line store we set up here:

www.forestryforum.com/store

It was asked to have a place on the store to add additional donation if you would like, and that is absolutely up to the individual and not at all necessary to order hats, but you should see the ability to do so when you get to the hats if you would like to do so. Its in increments of $1.00

Shipping is figured by the U.S. Postal Service, real time depending on your location and the size of the order. No shipping added on Donations. :D

Payment can either be by check money order or by Credit Card Via Paypal. You dont have to have a paypal account to use the paypal option.   Hats will be shipped as soon as Tammy receives payment.  Paypal orders should go out same or next day depending on the time of order.

NOTE: THE STORE LOGIN IS IN NO WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR FORESTRY FORUM LOGIN!! You must create an account. You do not have to be a registered member to buy a hat.

Here is a picture of da Hat...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Do we use our FF login info? or create something new?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

jdtuttle

Nice Hats,
If you get swamped I'm in no hurry for mine. I have lots of hats to wear. Thanks for having such a great site 8)
jim
Have a great day

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I thought I was first but even though that's not the case I'm in the first five I believe...

Nice hat, looking forward to getting mine.

Herb

Jeff

I've just added another field to the checkout so you can add your forestry forum user name. Some of the real names we don't recognize.  :)

Don_Papenburg

Where is the shipping rate info ?  I was going to order but I can't cut a check without the bottom line total
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Jeff

When you go to checkout, and before you get to payment info, you will see shipping amount. You have to fill in your information so the USPS can figure shipping to your location.

We had someone order that needs some special care. Beenthere, is that really your real first and last name? :D

Jeff

My first post was updated with this note:

NOTE: THE STORE LOGIN IS IN NO WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR FORESTRY FORUM LOGIN!! You must create an account. You do not have to be a registered member to buy a hat.

beenthere

Quote from: Jeff on January 15, 2010, 08:09:25 PM
.........We had someone order that needs some special care. Beenthere, is that really your real first and last name? :D

;D ;D ;D
Ya caught me off guard...before I knew it, I was checked out. Do I still get my hats?
Check is in the mail, so we'll see.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jeff

Well, it depends, should I use the real name that I have always known, or use what you changed it to to address your package? ;)

beenthere

It'll get here. Joni, our mail carrier is great at figurin anything out.  ;D  Just get it into WI, she'll take it from there.  :)

How soon can we start orderin da bears, for under all the diiferent FF hats?  ??? ::) ;D
south central Wisconsin

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

I went to the store ,  would you be so kind as to put two aside for me , I will pick them up at the roast.  Shipping of two hats here will get me 1/4 of the way there  :D :D :D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Wildflower

Marcel we have no idea what the international shipping would be.  :(

If you are outside the U S please message me your address and I will check with the Post Office for a quote before ordering.
Co-owner of The Forestry Forum.

D Hagens

Hey Jeff cool store. :) Not sure if you've entertained this idea but have you thought about selling some of your sponsors apparel here to make an extra buck?

Jeff

D Hagens

IMERC

Quote from: Jeff on January 15, 2010, 11:12:44 PM
Should I tell them first? :D

after you bring the coffee mugs on line...

somebody was looking over my shoulder when I ordered...

she says she wants one now...

so I tried to change the order after it went forward...
nope...
then cancel it so I could start all over...
no such luck there either...
ordering a third hat generates another postal charge....

so what is plan "C"???
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Tammy says, please make sure you know where you live when you order.  :D   If you don't know, turn to someone and ask them. ;)

Raider Bill

stonebroke

Just ordered four. Don't want to run out.

Stonebroke

Jeff

Quote from: Raider Bill on January 16, 2010, 08:55:38 AM
Are they here yet? :D

Off to the Post Office!  Stonebroke is the cut off for today's mail. Everything after that this weekend goes out Monday. :)

stonebroke

Glad I got it ordered. Just in time. Thank you Jeff.

Stonebroke

Raider Bill

stonebroke

tonto

Just ordered 1 up. Very nice site, very easy to navigate. Would like to see vendor stuff also available to purchase. Tonto.
Stihl MS441 & Husqvarna 562XP. CB5036 Polaris Sportsman 700 X2. Don't spend nearly enough time in the woods.

motohed

Warbird

Hey Jeff, I thought there was a flat rate for shipping?

*edit*  Sent ya a message from the store you set up.  :)

Jeff

No flat rate. The rate they quoted for, there was no way to put hats in the box without driving over them first.

Mooseherder

Was there a Paypal link on the order form?  If there was, I missed it.
I got it filled out and printed though.   :)

Jeff

You chose pay by check, so it didn't take you to paypal.  :)

Mooseherder

Warbird

Done.  Thank you, Jeff & Tammy.  :)  I think my buddies are going to like theirs.  I know I'll like mine.

Stephen1

Hey guys, I am going to order 2 hats. I will send them my post office box in Niagara Falls New York. if there is anyone else in Canada that is ordering, we can`send to my PO box in the US of A and I will pick them up and ship them to your place here in  the Great White North.

Cheers

Stephen1
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

scgargoyle

Got my hat today!! And it fits! Reason I usually don't wear hats is because I wear a size 8, which is hard to find, and ball caps don't go that big. These hats are great- I can open it right up to fit my melon. Thanks!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Mooseherder

I got my hat today also. :)
Nice Hat!  Looks like the Hat man redeemed himself. smiley_bucktooth

beenthere

I got a hat today too. Nice hat.  ;D ;D

Thanks
south central Wisconsin

Jeff

We're still a long way from receiving all the orders that were promised in the inquiry thread we started. There are lots of hats left, so feel free to order often! :D

Raider Bill

Jeff

We tried em all on to make sure before we boxed em up.  ;)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

I was hoping for some pictures!  Looks good on ya!

Coon

Gotta wait for the paycheck to come in before I order...  :D

Magic,  I'm just wonderin if one of dem hats will look as good on this redneck?   :D  Thinkin' it might be a bit high classed for me.  It's clean.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

isawlogs

Jeff ask Tammy what the holding fee is till august so I can cut you a check for two and send it off to you ...  :P ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Wallys World

Got mine today! Great looking hat. Too bad I didn't have it before we went today to the Virginia State Farm Show. Thanks again!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

sawwood

Order 3 hats, one for myself and twp for my sawmill guys. Will post a photo when they git here and i can
round up the guys. Thanks Jeff and Tammy for the work on the hats.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Jeff

Slight delay in outstanding orders. Ran out of boxes yesterday, but had re-ordered over the weekend. They just came UPS, but no time to get everything packed and shipped to make the mail today, so an extra day.

John Bartley

Kioti DK35HSE w/loader & forks
Champion 25hp band mill, 20' bed
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

Warbird

They are handmade right here in the United States, woven from the hair of virgins, dyed with all natural colors extracted from single grains of appropriately colored sand mixed with the freshest spring water, with no preservatives, no detergents, & no chemicals.  No trees or animals were harmed in the making of these hats.

Well, more or less.  Maybe.  And stuff.  ;D  Seriously, what does it matter where they made?

John Bartley

Well, it's not a huge deal, but I happen to be a fan of North American made stuff. I like to see my neighbours working, not collecting pogey.... I don't have a raging need for a new hat, but if it supports this forum, I'd buy a couple and make a donation as well. I've rec'd more than that much knowledge and assistance from this forum, so a bit of reciprocation from me might be in order.

that's all ..... that's why I asked.

cheers

John
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

Jeff

The sale of caps was not intended to be a fund raiser in support of the forum, rather it was bore as an answer to a general request by members to have a hat that reflects their membership when they are out and about or when they gather.

The hats are not made in North America. They are made in Bangladesh. However many of the members of the Forestry Forum are not made in North America either. You could say that the Forestry Forum was created by someone living in North America but it is dispensed freely anywhere in the world to anyone that wants or needs it without question of nationality.

John Bartley

Fair enough.

Thank you for the answer.

cheers

John

Edit : just to be clear, I don't have anything against anyone or any other country. I just like to support where I live, work and play. I'm sure folks in other countries feel the same, and I wouldn't fault them for it. It really was just a simple question......nothing else.
Stihl MS361
Stihl 026

beenthere

Wherever, it is a nicely made hat.  ;D
And the colors are very good too. Seems the stitching/embroidery is a little more proud than before, but that may just be 'cause it still has the Mossy Oak tag on it.  ;D
south central Wisconsin

WDH

Quote from: Magicman on January 19, 2010, 08:00:52 PM
Came home for lunch and there it was.... :)

Handsome hat!!!!! 8) 8).

You ain't bad lookin' yourself  :D :D :D.  Hopefully, mine is there when I get back home Friday!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dodgy Loner

On the road again, WDH? I hope you got your 'new' jointer in your shop and oiled up before you left ;D. I'm sure you're excited to take it for a test drive :)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

Oiled up nicely, but no test drive yet  :).

Anyone who will brave putting down a 18" wide oak floor is a man that gets my respect  ;D  That will be very special.  Hopefully it will add to the value of the homestead  :).

Dodgy Loner

To be fair, the 18" is the green measurement. They are probably under 17" wide now that they are dry and will lose close to another inch when I straighten the edges. So at 16" finished, maybe I'm not pushing my luck too hard ;)
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

WDH

A wide oak floor like that deserves at least a hat, so order one now  :D.

SwampDonkey

Why so wide Dodgy? You getting lazy with the nail gun? :D :D ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

stonebroke

I got them. They are very nice hats, well worth the money.

Stonebroke

blaze83

well i was about do for a new hat....so i ordered me one :-)  yahooo. last new hat i got was when dad and i bought the mill over 2 years ago,  so it's time....

and it's a good looking hat too,

thanks Jeff

Steve
I'm always amazed that no matter how bad i screw up Jesus still loves me

Cut4fun

Those are very nice looking hats. Good Job F.F.   smiley_clapping

sawwood

Received my hats to day, good looking hats, now to git some photos of us with them on.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

Chuck White

Finally got around to ordering myself a hat.
Good looking hats too, I might add! 
Made a little contribution to the Forum too!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

DR Buck

Quote from: John Bartley on January 20, 2010, 04:52:11 PM
Where are the hats made?

cheers

John

With the wife being in the business, I can safely say the almost all of the hats used in the embroidery and printing industry are made somewhere besides North America.    However, this does not mean the printing or embroidery on them is not done in North America.    Just consider the hat one of the raw materials combined with the logo to make the final product.  ;D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

breederman

Together we got this !

badpenny

Little brown box in the mailbox today, thanks for sizing them for me, Jeff. They fit right out of the box 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

Jeff

badpenny

Hope and Change, my foot,  It's time for Action and Results!

old joe

THE NEW YANKEE TIL A NEWER ONE ARRIVES THEN I\'LL BE THE OLD YANKEE

Warbird

Finally got to the mailbox and my hats arrived!  I'll snap a couple of pictures soon and post 'em.

GF

Got my hats today and they are some great quality hats.

Gary

Left Coast Chris

Got mine.  It is a really good quality hat and smells very nice (for right now) :) 8).  The paypal worked great and they came very fast.  --thanks Jeff--

Nothing like a good smelling fast hat.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Stephen1

my hats came on friday, great hats, loved the quality, they should last quite a while.

Thanks

Stephen1
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

bd354

Got my hats today and they are great looking and well made!! Thanks Jeff and Tammy 8).

Jeff

If you are wanting to get a hat and have been putting it off, you better act quick as we only have a few left available for order. It may be quite some time before we get another batch.

IMERC

Quote from: Jeff on February 12, 2010, 10:06:39 AM
If you are wanting to get a hat and have been putting it off,

not anymore..

got to the Springs last night and low behold some really fine hats were waiting on me..
thanks Tammy...

do you need more monies???

moosehunter

Got my hat yesterday. Looks great! Thanks Jeff and Tammy :)

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Jeff

After a surge in orders yesterday,  I'm sorry to say we are now out of hats for sale. Hopefully when interest peaks again we can re-order.

woodpeckerlips

guess i'm to late!  when you get some more.  i'd like to get a couple hats. going to the richmond expo. was wanting to sport one there.  oh well!

Wintergreen Mountain

I guess i'm a little stuppid.
   I do not understand how to order the hats.
   I can get the contribution into the shopping cart but how do i get the hat and price in the cart? The only check box is on the contribution choice.
   It states that the hats are out of stock. Is this why i cannot order them now?

Thanks, 

Leon Kinsley        th506@yahoo.com
   Wintergreen Mountain
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Jeff

Yep, thats why you can't order one.  All out for now.  :'(

Wintergreen Mountain

1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

StephenRice

How much were the hats?  Any news on the possibility of getting some more in?  How about other merchandise?  Honestly, I rarely wear a hat (still have my hair...LOL), but I wonder about pocket T-shirts? (I wear 3XL, pretty large, but judging by the pig roast video and other pics, I think I am probably not the only one) Or, jackets would be nice as well.  Bumper or, better yet, window stickers are a cheap means of advertising.

Even though I don't wear hats often, those FF hats looked pretty sharp!
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Raider Bill

Quote from: StephenRice on September 18, 2010, 03:47:06 PM
Honestly, I rarely wear a hat (still have my hair...LOL), but I wonder about pocket T-shirts? (I wear 3XL, pretty large, but judging by the pig roast video and other pics, I think I am probably not the only one)

You fat bald guys going to sit back and take that! :D

Bro. Noble

Quote from: Raider Bill on September 18, 2010, 04:15:45 PM

You fat bald guys going to sit back and take that! :D
[/quote]

I hope he's not expecting to get an invitation to my birthday party ;) :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

Hey! My hat is the only protection I got up there. I don't wear hats for vanity. I do know some who do, I think they must wear their caps to bed.  :D :D

My grandfather had a phrase: "bald headed quiff". :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

StephenRice

ROFLMBO!    Didn't think of it that way, but your response made me laugh like crazy.  I still have my gray hair, but I am one of the fat guys, probably about the worst here.  I am sure a lot of the older fellas can work circles around me now, with or without their hair.
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

IMERC

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 18, 2010, 06:32:15 PM
Hey! My hat is the only protection I got up there. I don't wear hats for vanity. I do know some who do, I think they must wear their caps to bed.  :D :D

I need the hat to keep my mop in check...
and have you been watching how and when I wear my hat...

Jeff

In order for me to place a new order for hats, two things have to happen, similar to planets aligning. First, I have to have about $1000 that I can defer long enough to order the hats, then recover when we sell the hats.  Second, I have to know that we have enough people wanting hats again to be able to recover the original cost of getting the hats.

I know that the first thing is not currently possible, and I have a feeling the second isn't either.

trapper

Jeff  I think the people on this forum trust you.  If you get the orders would a few prepayments help with the $1000?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Jeff

I'd rather not do it that way, but besides that, its not been that long since we had a hat order and there has been only a couple inquiries for hats since we ran out, so I don't think there is sufficient "demand" out there yet to make an order.  I myself am still wearing the one that got knocked off my head and was hit by the brushhog. They are durable :D

Warbird

Normally, I'm all for getting a new hat order in but like Jeff said, we just ordered a little while ago.  It's a bit too soon to do another order, IMHO.  The last thing we want is Jeff getting stuck with a $950 bill.

Norm

Marv I have an extra hat from a few years ago that needs a good home. PM me your address and I'll get it in the mail to you.

SwampDonkey

I wear mine most every day to work or in town making purchases.  ;D

Tom the Sawyer

Jeff, didn't see the post the last time you ordered (but you sold out anyway).  Put me on your list of for the next time, hat, shirt or whatever.
07 TK B-20, Custom log arch, 20' trailer w/log loading arch, F350 flatbed dually dump.  Piggy-back forklift.  LS tractor w/FEL, Bobcat S250 w/grapple, Stihl 025C 16", Husky 372XP 24/30" bars, Grizzly 20" planer, Nyle L200M DH kiln.
If you call and my wife says, "He's sawin logs", I ain't snoring.

Thank You Sponsors!