iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what you use?

Started by timberjack240, January 15, 2010, 12:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timberjack240

basically im j/w what kinda eq. like skidders saws loaders log trucks ect. you guys use and how many loads/ ft  a week you cut.
my family we use huskies timberjacks ford pickups and sold a  prentice 210 loader w ctr slasher. at one time had tree farmer and john deere skidders as well before my time they had homelite mc culloch and colmar then husky only ever had one stihl  ;D  we always tried for 10 + loads 10 was ok but 15 to 20 is great . approx 3500 to 4500 ft on a load.. triaxle .. slightly overloaded if you can imagine  ;D
paps triaxles (sold now) were diamond reo s one havin a prentice g and the other a husky brtue laoder and 1 international ahd a husky loader i can only remember of the international other two gone before my time
just wonderin what you guys use i find it intresting what differnt types and combinations of eq people use 

captain_crunch

Kinda like you Ford pick up Huskys and one Sthill beings Shorty (youngest timberfaller now 15) is just different :) and This Critter

We only sell 25,000 bf per summer to stay out of higher timber tax bracket use to load with this critter

But it is well used and a self loader to haul them is cheaper than new tracks :( Then we mill tops and reject with our mill for ranch repair
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

timberfaller390

Cut with Stihl skid and load with a JD 5103 Haul with this

and mill with this

and another local guy skids with this

L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

woodmills1

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Papa1stuff

Some nice looking toys,I mean equipement there Wood ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

woodmills1

mom died going on 2 years now and she isa smilin down on Woodmills Lumber......
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

mad murdock

Swede saws all the way.  German saws are ok, just have a person preference for the Husky.  372XPW, 1964 Garrett model 15 Diesel, cut 60mbf a few years back when prices were good, felled, cut up skidded and decked 16 loads in about 4 months of spare time.  Had to work 8-5 M-F at @ my day job.  Even taught my wife how to skin a cat and pull chokers that summer.
Using the skidder now to pull up and deck 5-7 cord of firewood a year, plus road maintenance and thinning on about 32 acres of reprod DF 18-22 years old.  Looking forward to some decent harvests in the over the next 10 years or so, hopefully the market will be insome sort of existence by then, if not, may have to invent something that people can't do without and create a new market.  CapNcrunch- nice looking old cat, a TD9?  Almost bought a TD9 with winch and arch, opted for the Garrett, I like cats, but I hate working on the running gear.  The skidder is much easier and cheaper to keep around.  If I need cat work, I can rent my neighbors D-4.  Went by Lorane yesterday on my way to Kellog Camp.  Pickup broke down in Drain.
Oh, also have '71 cornbinder 1110 pickup, one tough truck.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Magicman

I'm glad that we are not having an ugly tractor contest.... :D

??? Case

1965 Oliver
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ford62783

we use a tj 240e and a tree farmer c6d husky saws and a l9000 ford pulp truck with hood loader we get an average of ten loads a week between 2000 and 2500 mbf a load
timberjack 240e

Jamie_C

The company i work for currently runs a Tigercat 845B carrier with a Ponsse H73 head and follows it with a Timberjack 610 forwarder. He also has a Volvo tractor pulling a Valley trailer with a Hood 7000 loader.

Right now we are producing between 400 & 500 tonne per week running single shift.

Oh yeah, up here legal weights for our trucks are about 52,500 kg gross .... our normal payload is about 33 tonne or about 36.5 Tons.

bill m

New Holland tc55da tractor with a Metavic trailer. Stihl and Husky saws.

about  5 weeks production this winter.

Last log for today - 630 bd. ft.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Bobus2003

I have a Stihl 440 Magnum and a 044 and these:

'06 Ford F350, 32' GN Trailer, '94 JD 550G

'94 Case 1845 w/grapple

'69 JD440

'01 Link Belt 1600 w/Patu 410 Stroke Processor

'00 Morbark 2090D  (For Sale)

I contract a Log truck to haul out my Sawlogs and Posts. I can do 1-2 Loads (30-35ton Loads) a day

woodmills1

everyone  NICE   but jamie I like that metavic you have

timberjack240

it amazing how many diff combinatons there are  haha. id post pics but im not sure if my computer wll to it .. not rele sure how at  that
capt. crunch.. how do you get away w a 15 yr old cuttin trees ??

Thank You Sponsors!